• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 298 Views, 5 Comments

Unknown Pasts - Asdera3485



A collaberation of short stories that relate to the pasts of some of the characters in "Morsidus Grim-Record: The Last Element"

  • ...
 5
 298

Chapter 1 - Morsidus Grim-Record

Chapter One
Real Name: Josh Flaherty
Known As: Morsidus Grim-Record
Job: Musician/Apple Harvesting
Type: Human/Kivuli Draconequus

Josh had woken up from one of the greatest sleeps he has ever known. He didn’t know it yet, but it would be the last for a while. He looked at his alarm clock and noticed that it said 6:34. He decided that it was time to get up.

He rolled out of bed with a grunt and tried to make it to his bathroom without tripping on anything. 20 feet to walk wouldn’t b too hard in the dark, right? The last thing he wanted was to wake up his sister. She always got crabby when she was woken up before 8 in the morning.

He did his normal morning routine. Brushed his teeth, shaved his face, and washed his arms. When he got back to his room, he put on a pair of stonewashed black jeans, and a sleeveless Pink Floyd shirt. He then brushed his long, pitch black hair that went almost down to his armpits.

He loved wearing a sleeveless shirt in the spring. It showed off his tattoo he had on his left shoulder; an old fashioned record on top of the scythe of the reaper. He was known to all as Josh Flaherty, but everyone called him Morsidus Grim-Record.
He finished his morning routine with a waffle and walked out of the house with his guitar in its case.

Normally, he wouldn’t be up and gone this early on a Saturday, but today was different. His band was invited to play at a local college’s Music Festival. They were told that it was an extreme honor for non college students to be invited. They were still well known back at their old high school.

As he walked down the street to get to the bus stop, he noticed that His friend Elayas was sleeping up against a tree. ‘Typical Elayas, always here before me and always asleep.’ Josh went and kicked his friends leg to wake him up. “Wake up dip-shit. We gotta get going if you want time to flirt with college girls like I know you want to.”

Elayas woke with a mumble and glared at him. “At least I have the balls to do so. You would only go for one girl and you don’t have the guts to ask her out.”

Josh did have a huge crush on a girl he met back in high school. Her name was Zecora Zapp. Josh decided to he was going to ask her out after they performed later. For now though, he just had to get to the college.

They boarded the bus and paid their fare. After about 30 minutes, the bus pulled up in front of the College of Performing Arts. They got off the bus and heard a familiar voice behind them. “I figured it would be wise, to meet you before sunrise.” They turned around to see Zecora standing up against the wall with the other two girls in their band.

One was a taller girl with strawberry-blonde hair and always wore too much pink and black. She kinda looked like a Satanist trying to show some cuteness. Her name was Elizabeth Johnson. Her type was more of the classical and sophisticated kind. She was known as a player of all stringed instruments.

The other was a little shorter. Had light brown hair that was always in a state of organized chaos. She seemed to wear a lot of white and purple. Her name was Melody ‘Scratch’ Vendetta. Her personality was one of constant partying. She was a DJ at one point but decided to take a break to be a rhythm guitarist for the band.

Together, they were the “Elements of the Shadow Beat”. They came up with that name because they didn’t know anything that they had in common other than the fact that they were into darker type of music, had an affinity for a different element of nature, and loved music.

Josh walked over and lit a cigarette. “Hey girls, we all signed in and the equipment is ready to get set up?” they were to play as one of the few band that had their own stage. They were the Musicians of Honor this year.

Melody was the one to answer his question. “Yah, your amp and Elayas’ drum set is in the van and ready to go as always. Elizabeth has all her instruments behind our stage already. We were just waiting for you dumbasses to get here.”

Elizabeth just sighed and walked away, hoping she could find someone she could talk to. Zecora walked off to the stage to finish setting her stuff up. Josh went with Elayas and Melody to get their equipment. As they started to unload everything, they noticed that Elayas was down the block, talking to a girl with pink hair.

Melody noticed it right away. She just chuckled and unloaded the drums onto the cart. “Hey lover-boy, wanna stop the chit chat and get yer ass over here. I won’t take any responsibility for what happens to your shit.” She yelled. He said goodbye to the girl and almost tripped while running back to the van.

The festival wasn’t much of anything good this year. A lot of old bands that lost their flare and a few bands that couldn’t even play right. One kid broke all his strings on the first strum! It took all day of having to listen to all the bad playing and all the covers before it finally got dark. It was their time to shine.

“WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF THE SHADOW BEAT!” Josh yelled. “Mr. Silver?” he stated in an asking way to prompt Elayas to start the drum piece for “Rock and Roll All Night” they were going along with a lot of covers and some of their own songs. Halfway during the encore, something went wrong.

One of the bass stacks caught on fire. It then exploded and got the whole stage ablaze. Zecora was knocked unconscious and Josh picked her up. He handed her to Elayas and was about to turn around when he remembered that Elayas had snuck in some whiskey in his drums.

He pushed Elayas and Zecora off the stage just before it exploded entirely. When Josh came to, he was in a hallway he did not recognize. He had a huge migraine and soon realized that he was going to go through hell to get home.

Author's Note:

So here is the first chapter in a series of many. (I don't know how many yet)
Please rate and comment!

I DON'T WANNA SEE COMMENTS THAT INCLUDE;
"THIS IS SHIT"
"YOUR STORY SUCKS"
"GRAMMAR IS BAD"
"NO ORIGINALITY"

I'M TIRED OF IT AND THEY WILL BE DELETED AS SOON AS I SEE THEM!
PLEASE ONLY LEAVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. THAT YOU.