• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 951 Views, 4 Comments

Just Another Cross To Bear: - Ponyess



In a dream, Rosalie sent me her Unicorn Foal, for me to care for and protect. In a vain attempt, I wished to take her to a place where she was to be safe, and we both ended up in a very unfamiliar throne room, before a Princess.

  • ...
15
 4
 951

The Surprise Acquaintance: 2

Author's Note:

Witchblade / Sara Pezzini's POV

--- --- ---

Previous Chapter: A Strange Morning

Next Chapter: Dark Mare

.

All of a sudden I found myself in a royal dining hall. I guess that isn't too strange or unexpected. The one detail that struck me, I'm apparently a light pink pony, even though my mane and tail is still the same black hue and style I had kept them in.

What grounded me squarely in reality, I'm wearing the bracelet I had come to know as the 'Witch Blade'. If I had not, I could have dismissed it as a dream. Yet my life isn't that kind of a dream. You may call it a nightmare.

True to my general situation, I walked up to the Princess, a large Alicorn, sitting by a small girl.

“Greetings, Princess Celestia. I'm Sara Pezzini. I would love to offer you my services!” I pointed out.

First after the fact it hit me, just how unsettling this may be to others. I had grown used to knowing, what I couldn't naturally have known, by their standards. Only now it was too late to regret what I had offered her.

“Right now, have a seat, and enjoy the meal. Secondly, what services would you be offering, Sarah? Sorry, I have never heard of you before. Though it is a mighty curious bracelet on your right wrist. I have never seen the like!” Celestia responded.

“Since you wouldn't need a personal guard, you're much too popular to have any plots against you at the time being. I could teach your guards a few things. Where I came from, they saw a mundane world, compared with yours, I can get used to a life here. Even at your age, I doubt you'd have seen quite what I've seen. What I see on a daily basis!” I suggested.

I noticed how the spherical red crystal stared at her, as I enjoyed the salad. It was a surprisingly good taste to it. Something I could get used to. Just like I had gotten used to being the wielder of the witch blade. It had chosen me, and there is no way out.

“Maybe you could demonstrate some of these tricks for me?”Celestia suggested with a sly smile on her face, as if she knew something.

“That would be a great idea, would you have a few of the guards gathered, they may enjoying the event?” I suggested.

“Right this way!” Celestia pointed out, as the meal was finished.

“You'll be surprised!” I stated, as we reached the square where the guards was practising.

“Since I haven't seen you before, that is likely. Question is, will it be positively, or negatively?” she challenged me.

“Let's see!” I said, smiling as I lift my right fore hoof, only to see the bracelet change drastically and a blade extend as if from out of nowhere.

“I'd have to admit, I had never seen that in a thousand years. That could be useful, for a guard. You're not even a Unicorn, how do you manage this trick?” she enquired.

Celestia hastily drew her blade in the Alicorn style. Her blade currently measuring a full two feet, compared with my short dagger. Then she moved towards me with her blade before her, slowly making her first move and I easily parried it with the tip of my blade.

“Earth Ponies doesn't wield a blade like yours!” Celestia pointed out.

“This isn't an ordinary blade, it's the Witch Blade, it can't be wielded by any Pony, it chose me!” I responded.

“Witch Blade? A blade is rarely named, unless there is something more to it. Just as it doesn't choose who may wield it!” she responded.

“The Witch Blade does. Maybe it is comparable to the Elements, or the Alicorn Amulet?” I enquired, straight to the point.