• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 1,776 Views, 36 Comments

Ponies and the Alpha Team - Optimistic Pessimist



Elevators haven't been invented yet. Right?

  • ...
3
 36
 1,776

Back to the EQ team...

"AGH! Where do these things keep coming from!"

Applejack bucked another skeleton from getting close. The entire group was sitting in the corner. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were busy keeping the skeletons at bay.

"These creeps just don't let up, do they?" Applejack bucked another skeleton. "Lyra!" The unicorn turned to the two mares defending the group. "Mind finding a tool that may be lying around here, help us out of here?" Lyra nodded, and she teleported away. "Let's hope Lyra gets back quick. These things aren't getting any easier."

Lyra quickly galloped around the area. "There's got to be something around here that might help..." Lyra looked quickly around, and her eyes fell quickly upon a small stone relic. "What have we here, hmm?" It looked like something that might come in handy, so she wrapped her hoof around it. The strange bandages that wrapped around it began to flash. At one moment it flashed a bright yellow, and another, a dark purple. Regardless, she yanked it free.

~~~~

Applejack was blown back. "Argh! Those claws sharper than a dozen bee stings! Youch!" Applejack struggled to stand up right. "Rainbow! This might be it for us." Rainbow Dash bucked another skeleton and dodged a slash from another. "Maybe... Wait, what's that sound?" A quick galloping could be heard. "Applejack! Just a little longer! I think Lyra's back!" Applejack managed to kick back a skeleton. "She'd better be quick about it."

Suddenly the ground turned a bright orange. The skeletons were suddenly set on fire. Unearthly shrieks filled the air as bones began to fly. Skeletons were reduced to bone dust and bone dust to ash as each skeleton met its' burning demise.

Lyra stood on there on her two hind legs. She held the weapon in her right hoof. She reached out with her left. "Sorry gals, I couldn't find anything better." Applejack stood unsteadily on her legs. "How are you doing that?" Lyra looked at the sword. "You mean the strange symbols and floating sheets of paper? I honestly have no idea." Applejack waved her hoof. "Nah, not that. You're standing on yer hind legs." Lyra looked down. It was true. "This? It's easy. Nothing to it really." Lyra waved for the rest of them to follow. "Come on, I think I saw another one of those machines over there. Knowing Twilight, she probably wanted to get the hay outa here. Let's go girls!"