• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 1,776 Views, 36 Comments

Ponies and the Alpha Team - Optimistic Pessimist



Elevators haven't been invented yet. Right?

  • ...
3
 36
 1,776

The Scarlet Fortress

"Applejack, I don't think you'll be able use that gun properly if you don't stand on your hind legs."

Lyra was looking back as Applejack was pretty much stumbling through the hallways. "I JUST DON'T GET IT! HOW DO YOU DO THAT?" Lyra sighed. "To think that you'd be better than I am, considering your hind legs are stronger than mine." Applejack tripped into Lyra, who easily caught her. "Well excuse me. I'm new to this. I seen you practice for who knows how long!"

Lyra rolled her eyes. She took a glance around. "This is a really nice place, don't you think?" Applejack stood unsteadily on her back legs. "Now that you mention it, yeah, it is kinda nice. Wonder why there's no one here." Applejack looked around. Lyra took a step forward. Applejack lost her balance and fell on her face. Lyra turned and laughed. "Honestly Applejack, I don't think you'll be able to defend yourself on four legs." Applejack looked up with a furious red on her face. "Just wait til I get my hooves on you." Applejack's eyes turned to notice a small pink thing around the corner.

"Whuzzat?" Applejack put her gun in a sling on her belt, and she approached the pink thing. It looked like a ghost, but it had the most adorable kitty face.

"Well ain't you the cutest thing I ever seen?" Applejack sat down as the small creature looked up to Applejack. It mewed. "Aw...." "APPLEJACK! LOOK OUT!" Applejack turned her head to find that similar creatures had begun to attack Lyra. She turned back. "What in the hay!" The kitty face had disappeared into a howling ghouls face. A snarl told Applejack to step back before a bloodthirsty bite could reach her.

"BACK OFF!" Applejack whipped out her gun and fired three shots towards the demonic cat. It was blown back. A purple puff of smoke and an echoing cry of anguish were the only traces of it's existence.

"APPLEJACK! A LITTLE HELP HERE!" Lyra raced past Applejack. A sudden howl caught Applejacks' attention.

Dozens of the little cats had appeared out of seemingly nowhere, and were giving a hot chase.

"GAH!" Applejack quickly turned on her hooves and ran. "What are you doing?" Lyra yelled back. "WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING? RUNNING!" Lyra groaned audibly. "You have a gun. USE IT!" Applejack suddenly realized what having a gun meant.

Applejack spun up onto her hind hooves, and her gun began glowing. "I sure hopes this works." The ghosts flew into the air and skydived towards Applejack. "HERE GOES NOTHING!"

A large globe of energy shot out of the barrel of the weapon. All the ghosts were blown back a few feet. Lyra stepped back to Applejack. "Thanks. Cover me would you?" Lyra raced past Applejack with her sword drawn. The ghosts had little time to react as the unicorn brought the blade across her. Several beams of light pierced the ghost, and reduced them to purple smoke.

Applejack picked off the last few, and together, they traveled down the hallway. Lyra chuckled. "Wow. That was out of nowhere. What were those things anyway?" Lyra picked up her PDA and flipped through some screens. "What are they, Lyra?" Lyra squinted her eyes. "Spookats? Apparently those aren't the only kinds down here."

Lyra and Applejack looked up to find the machine in front of them. "It'll only get harder from here. Ready, AJ?" Applejack hesitated. "Nopony calls me AJ 'cept RD." Lyra smirked. "Alright, AJ. So be it." Lyra laughed at Applejack as they descended to the floor below.