• Published 26th Mar 2014
  • 2,988 Views, 24 Comments

A Guard And His Princess - Shining Moonlight



Flash Sentry has feelings for the new Princess Twilight Sparkle but the feeling can't be mutual, but is it? Find out what happens to the two starcrossed lovers in A Guard And His Princess!

  • ...
26
 24
 2,988

Call me Twilight

"Stupid wings! Go down!"
"Twilight? Are you still trying to sleep?"
"Oh Spike! I'm so sorry! Did I wake you?"
"You did, but don't worry... Are you still adjusting to the wings?" Spike asked sleepily.
"Yes but don't say it like that! "
"Fine. But I'm going to sleep if you don't mind..."
"I don't, but thanks for not being mad at mee for waking you..."
"No prob...lem...Twilight...." Spike mumbled while drifting back to sleep.

Might as well take a quick walk before I go to bed... Twilight thought and climed out of her bed. She walked over to her wardrobe and took one of her plainest dresses, put it on and went out of her room. The trotting of her hoofs against the stone floor echoed through the corridors, which convinced Twilight that she was alone. But she wasn't! It was when she was lost in thoughts about Ponyville and her friends when she bumped into on of the night guards, who clearly had something else on his mind.

"I'm so sorry sir! I wasn't looking where I was going! I'm so sorry!" That was when she looked up at the stallion!
"Why Princess Sparkle, it was entirely my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going either." The stallion responded, helping her up
"Flash Sentry? I thought you worked at the Crystal Palace?" Twilight said, blushing slightly but nothing noticable.
"Why Princess that was during my training. Now I work here at Canterlot Castle. Why? Do you not want me here? You would probably be safer without me bumping into you everytime either of us doesn't watch where we were going." Flash explained ending the sentence with a grin and a chuckle that was shared by the Princess.
"Why no Flash! I want you here.. I mean you are needed here! To guard Princess Celestia and Luna and .... me ..." Twilight blushed wildly making her cheeks hot pink. She knew that if she looked into a mirror her cheeks would probably be pinker than Pinkie Pies mane!" And please, call me Twilight!
"Alright I will, Twilight." Inside his helmet but out of the mare's sight, Flash Sentry was blushing too. " I better be on my way now though Prin.... Twilight."
"Yep! See you around!" Twilight happily smiled while continuing to the royal castle garden.
"Um Twilight... shouldn't you be going to your room?" Flash pointed to the other direction, to where Twilight had arrived from.
"Oh.. well I was going for a quick walk in the garden...." Twilight face lit up and Flash smiled. "Would you care to join me Flash?
"Sure why not!" He grinned, taking off his helmet revealing his handsome blue mane and face and Twilight blushed once again.

As they made their way to the garden, they met no one else but Princess Celestia herself.

"Why Princess Twilight! What are you doing out here at this time?"
"Oh I was just taking a quick walk in the garden. I can't sleep, so I thought it might help me relax." As Celestia looked over at Flash, she quickly stopped talking.
"Flash Sentry, am I right?"
"Yes Princess, I recently finished my training in the Crystal Empire and transferred here. I work under Captain and Prince Shining Armour."
"Well then Mr.Sentry, what are you doing, out in the garden with Princess Twilight alone?" Celestia stared sternly into his eyes, waiting for a response. .
"Security precautions, Princess." Flash responded with a grin.
"Why how thoughtful of you Mr.Sentry." Celestia's face lit up and Flash grinned brighter. "Well then Twilight, I'll leave you to your walk, but I hope that you at least try once more to sleep before Luna and I bring the sun up!"
"Will do Celestia!"

As Celestia left, Twilight turned back to Flash. She nodded her head toward the garden, and Flash followed her.