• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 2,584 Views, 63 Comments

Pony of Everfree - Wild Vine



Zecora's books hold many interesting knowledge, including of the inhabitants of the everfree....

  • ...
2
 63
 2,584

Chapter 6

Wilds heart was beating fast, he wasn't sure what to do other than wait. Luna seemed to be taken with his wild nature, and almost destructive powers as she was first to break the silence.

"We enjoyed thy display of magic.. however, we do not see a horn on thy head." She said brushing through his hair as if it was a bush.

"Um.. I'm a earth pony... actually." Wild corrected her.

"An earth pony.. interesting. There's no need to be afraid little one. The guards had overracted to the situation at hand. They forget the private garden is always open to the citizens.." Celestia turned to her guards.

"I thought you told me you got that memo.." The guard said to another, trying to sort this all out.

Celestia shook her head and returned her attention to Wild who calmed down somewhat, though Luna was getting into his personal space, touching his mane, and tail, still looking for that horn.

"Um, Luna.." Twilight tried to get her attention.

"Oh, um, yes, well we apologize for being so.. rude." Luna returned to her sister's side.

"Wild Vine, I apologize for my guards behavior, allow me to make it up to you." Celestia insisted as her guards returned to duty.

"N-no there's no need, I'm sorry for causing a ruckus." Wild laughed nervously.

"We must know what thy does with thy mane, it has the most enticing smell." Luna asked, Twilight noticed a pattern here with Wild's mane being the center of attention, she hoped it wasn't a sickness or something. She kept a mental note to investigate when they got back home.

"Seems Luna's quite taken with you.. with that said, I welcome you to Equestria, it's hard to believe we've never met until now." Celestia smiled, "I've heard rumors in my travels and read stories of the Everfree forest, but you're something special. An earth pony who can do magic is very rare, and mostly unheard of."

"We find you most.. interesting, Wild Vine." Luna added, once again getting really close to him.

"T-thank you... erm.." Wild Vine sighed, "I'm sorry, I should just return home.. I'm already causing far more of an impact than I was hoping for, that is to say no impact was my expectancy."

"But why?" Everypony seemed to ask at once.

"Some stories should stay stories. I should remain in the story books, and among just plain old folk tales." Wild sulked.

"Nonsense, you shouldn't be ashamed of what you are Wild Vine. You should really embrace your talents.... Something tells me you had a traumatic childhood." Celestia asked, knowing she was right judging on Wild's sad expression.

"Sister. must we speak of such harsh memories?" Luna objected to the idea.

Wild laughed a bit, "I don't even remember that far back.. the trees never told me about the day I was found in the forest. They said I wouldn't be the same."

"The trees.. told you?" Celestia looked confused.

"I can speak with nature, it's just one of my powers.. but I shouldn't brag about it.. eheh.."

"Hmm.. At any rate, I'd like you to remain in Canterlot. To get to know you more, and perhaps document your progress and tell the real story." Celestia suggested, Luna nodded.

"As much as I would like that idea.. I'd rather remain in Ponyville.. I feel.. more at home there, your majesty." Wild Vine hoped she can reconsider her decision.

Before she could speak, a crash of lighting startled them. Celestia decided it would be best to head back inside, the storm was getting worse and there was no need to really get electrocuted at a time like this. Inside, the smug ponies of Canterlot were already gossiping about the incident, most giving Wild a glare.

"I sure do feel like public enemy number 1 right about now..." Wild said to himself.

"Nonsense dear, you are nothing like that." Rarity said with a cute giggle.

"I must agree, thy really are far more than just some ruffian." Luna said, the two of them had sandwiched Wild Vine between them as they walked, which got alot of ponies in the ballroom attention.

"Is it me.. or are those two really getting friendly with Wild.. all of a sudden?" Twilight asked Applejack.

"They are actin' a bit screwy in the head, never seen Rarity act like that unless it's fashion. Not to mention that Luna's actin the same way." Applejack rubbed the back of her head.

"You remember when your brother was tricked into dating miss Cheerilee?" Rainbow Dash mentioned.

"Yeah.. I remember, Apple Bloom was grounded and had to work extra hard that apple buck season. But what yall implying?"

"Oh dear, you don't think Wild Vine has some of that love poison in his mane, do you?" Twilight remembered that it was indeed her fault the fillys had the book to make that potion in the first place.

"Now yall talkin crazy. First of all, none of us knew Wild Vine existed at the time. I dunno what other reason there is for that there ponies odd mane aroma."

Twilight thought about it for awhile, making her top priority to get down to the bottom of Wild Vines mane. For now the party continued for awhile, Wild was made the guest of honor, he felt embarassed being in the spotlight when he'd rather be just your average stallion with vines growing out of his back than praised somewhat.

The storm had gotten worse, as the party soon began to calm down. Celestia and her sister Luna escorted Twilight and her friends to the main hall, where the Elements of Harmony were kept. Stained glassed windows seem to occupy both sides of the room, Wild stopped at each one, staring meaningfully at the design and pictures. Celestia spoke to Twilight about the arrangements of studying Wild Vine and his nature, her friends would of course assist in the study and help anyway they could.

"Dost thou have a problem, my fairest Wild Vine?" Luna asked as Rarity was next to her again, seems like she wasn't fond of Luna's sudden interest in him but kept calm about making a scene.

"No, not at all. I'm just admiring the art design on these.. windows." He looked up at one in specific, the glass shown 6 ponies that strangely looked very similar to his friends, as they seemed to be firing beams towards a mare who also looked like Luna. " Whats this all about?" He asked.

"Believe it or not, this mare beside me used to be much.. taller, and evil, about to bring Equestria in an eternal state of night." Rarity explained as Luna interupted.

"Rest assured that I no longer have intentions of doing such a thing. The Elements returned me to what thy see before you." Luna proudly stood.

Wild took a longer look at the glass window before moving onto the next. He did enjoy a good story, it was the only source of entertainment back home in the forest, other than avoiding getting eaten. He stopped by the next one, seeing that it was similar to the last, only this time an odd creature replacing the mare in the last window.

"Odd looking thing.. and that's saying alot." Wild said turning to his two escorts.

"That odd fellow is actually Discord. A handful really. He spent most of his short time among us causing all sorts of crazy things." Rarity explained, trying to forget those events.

"Y.. yes, mostly causing bizzare weather patterns, pratically causing all sorts of chaos." Flutthershy had noticed Wild had a curiosity of a small child at a museum.

"Chaos? That explained that one odd day over the forest.. the clouds were pink.." Wild thought remembering that one odd day.

"And chocolate rain! Delicious chocolate puddles.." Pinkie began to drool, all that chocolate milk from before tasted yummy.

"Taking in on our windows are we?" Celestia managed to break away from Twilight as she followed her. "They tell various stories, but I see you already knew that."

"Seems like you all made name for yourselves." Wild mentioned to Twilight who blushed in embarassement.

Wild eventually visited each window as Luna and Rarity following, glaring at each other whenever Wild wasn't looking. He stopped in front of a massive door, an odd design of a sun painted on it and what looked like a hole in the center of it.

"Wild, as much as I don't mind your curious mind, we should continue your arrangements." Celestia grabbed his attention. "I wouldn't want to banish you to the forest or something like that, it wouldn't be fair."

Wild sat where he stood, Twilight and her friends were at Celestias side. Luna and Rarity still at each others throats but through staring and nothing physical.

"Now as for your arrangement, I'd like for you to help Twilight understand you better and your powers. I believe you've already visited Ponyville and felt much more at home than here, yes?"

Wild nodded," It's as close to home as it can be really."

"I understand, but for the sake of the project, I would recommend you to remain in Ponyville for this. As much as I know you must miss your home in the Everfree forest, I'd much rather have you in the town for safety reasons."

Wild felt sad, being restricted from his own home, but he did have to pay somehow. The least he can do is give Twilight the chance to examine him without the need of any disection at the least. He nodded, agreeing with the terms.

"Twilight, you and your friends do show Wild Vine a wonderful time here in Equestria. Keep him happy and give him the best hospitality you can give. I'll be looking forward to your findings." Celestia smiled, "Come along sister, we best retire this evening. The storm won't be letting up until later in the morning."

Celestia walked off towards her room, Luna finding it hard to leave at first but she gave Wild a quick hug that drove Rarity mad, Luna sticking out her tongue before she caught up to her sister.The two dissappeared in a flash of light. Twilight and her friends escorted Wild and themselves back to the cottage.

The storm raged outside, the pegasi really outdid themselves with this one. Rain hitting hard on the roof and windows of the small cottage, Wild Vine yawned and snuggled well in his sheets. Hearing the rain outside along with the sound of it against the window relaxed him. Twilight and her friends shared one bedroom, despite the cottage having enough room for them to have at least one bed room to each of them. A slumber party was going on, leaving Wild all alone to rest up as suggested by Spike who was already asleep along side Wild's bed. Spike brung along his bed basket from home for sleep related emergencies. Rarity managed to sneak away long enough to visit Wild at least.

She noticed Spike's bed, along with the baby dragon fast asleep in it. Rarity giggled, levitating the basket and placing it on the far side of the room on top of a dresser. "Now then, time to show up that fussy Princess of the night. Wild's far to good for her." Rarity fluffyed her crest and giggled.

Wild was half asleep, hearing Rarity whisper something about the princess. He didn't pay to much mind on what she said, rather than what she was planning to do. He heard her hooves tap on the floors, getting closer and closer to his bed. He woke up, to his surprise she vanished from his sight, the curious stallion leaned over the edge of the bed, to his right to take a peek under the bed to make sure she wasn't pulling a fast one on him. The bed suddenly sank a little, he knew he didn't weigh that much to make the bed creak. He slowly sat up and looked behind him, Rarity crawled into the bed beside him, taking a good long look at his rear end.

"Oh dear...this feels..awkward." Wild said to himself, "the trees back home never mentioned this, all they talked about were the birds and the bees, this has nothing to do with such lies!"

"Talking to yourself now dear? Now that's just too crazy, why dont you talk to me?" Rarity giggled, running her hoof in his tail, big and bushy as it was.



"Shouldn't.. you be with the others? I hate to keep you from having fun with the others." He laughed nervously.

"Nonsense! They are fine without me for now. It's just you and me. I'm sure Pinkie Pie's games will keep them all occupied long enough." She turned him around, flipping him onto his back.

"Long... enough for what exactly?" He grew more nervous, without Rarity noticing his vines slithered out from his back, and made their way out the door.

"Oh for alittle Q&A, but we can skip that." She climbed right on top of him, "Now buckle up."

Wild gulped, his vine hurried towards the door where the rest of the mares were staying. Or so he thought, he didn't know what room exactly they were in, as the kissing commenced. His vine visited the first room and knocked, after no one answering it went to the next. The more he kept trying, the more of Rarity's tongue played with his.

"Aww.. no fair!" Pinkie boasted. "How do you always win at bingo Fluttershy?"

"Just a lucky card I guess." Flutthershy blushed.

A knocking was heard from the door, a panic-like knocking that got Twilight's attention since everyone else were too scared to open it, Rainbow Dash had already went to bed for the evening so she couldn't hear it. They opened the door, as the vine quickly wrapped around Twilights waist, as it pulled her away in one quick yank.

"Eeep! Twilight's been taken by aliens!" Pinkie yelled.

"Uh I don't think that was an alien, look more like a vine... come to think of it, where's Rarity?" Applejack wondered, then rushed out the door following Twilight's screams, Fluttershy and Pinkie followed.

Twilight screams soon stopped when the vine released her infront of Wild's door that was slightly open, the vine gestured her to look inside. Rarity was sitting right on top of Wild, finishing the kiss as a trail of spit connected their parted lips.

"Rarity!" Twlight barged into the room, scaring the mare right off of Wild Vine, in the wrong direction as she fell forward, her lower half was in his face as she tried to make it look like it was all an accident.

"Oh Twilight... I was just.. braiding Wild's hair, you know, just trying to keep our friendship strong." She laughed, rubbing her hooves together, blushing that Wild was right under her. That is until he used his vines to lift her off him. " Ohh my, strong isn't he?"

He coughed slightly, " I do believe this is.. yours?" Wild placed Rarity beside Twilight, Rarity feeling awful and more so embarassed than usual.

"I'm so sorry Wild... we really should get into why your mane is attracting so much attention from not only Rarity but princess Luna." Twilight pushed Rarity out of the room, "For now, I think I'll be putting a lock spell on your door that will last until morning. I hope Rarity didn't hurt you."

"If by hurt you mean violated.." Wild said under his breath, "I'll be ok... since I'm up I'll, uh, do some reading..."

Twilight nudged Rarity out of the room one last time, closing the door behind them, then casting a spell on the door, making it impossible for Rarity to open even if she used her own magic to break it down. Rarity groaned, but at least she had a longer intimate moment than last time, it was one more than Luna was ever going to get. Twilight, Pinkie and Fluttershy returned to their room, along with Rarity, feeling triumphant as she snuggled into her bed with a big smile on her face.

The storm was letting up somewhat as Wild Vine climbed out of his bed. He yawned, feeling tired but was too stubborn to really go back to bed after that intimate moment. It's not like he wasn't enjoying it, however it felt rushed somewhat, he needed something to occupy his mind for the moment as he examined the bookshelf on any piece of literature he can possibly read. Picking up one that seemed interesting, entitled, "The Mare and Her Body", would answer any questions he had. He grabbed the book with his vine, climbed back into bed, spending some time with the book.

Time flew by fast, the sound of birds chirping happly when the clouds had departed, letting the sun shine through the windows of the small cottage. Twilight and her friends were up early, packing their things, ready for the ride back home. Wild Vine soon emerged from his room, yawning tiredly as he had a long night of self discovery, so to speak, as he trotted down the stairs.

"Good morning Wild, say, did you move my bed basket? And what was all that ruckus last night? A nightmare?" Spike asked.

"One can describe it that way..." Wild joked, "No nothing bad happened, and sorry about moving your basket. I, uh, tend to roll alot in my sleep."

Spike smirked lightly, unaware of last night's true events. After they finished packing the group left their cottage, heading for the station. Wild ignored most, if not all, the smugness of the unicorns as they trotted into town. Some mares gave him an odd look, from what he learned they had an particular interest in him. Rarity, however, kept them distant, walking side by side with Wild, only embarassing him even further, much like having a mother walk her colt to school each and every day while makimg baby cooing sounds. Despite that, the walk to the station was at least tolerable than his first arrival, he often stopped to chat with some curious but nice stallions and mares, hard to believe in Wild's mind.

The smell of the charcoal from the train filled the air, Twilight waited for her friends to board the train first to make sure everypony was accounted for. Aboard the train, Wild jumped into bed, the top bunk this time to avoid any repeats from the last time. The trip was going to be a long one, not to mention his new sentence in helping Twilight and her friends understand him more. Finally the train took motion after awhile of preperation and the jorney back home began.

The sun shined brightly in the sky and through the windows of the passenger car. Wild couldn't sleep, so instead he watched the passing scenery, listening to his friends down below him speak and talk about what exciting ideas they had in store for him. He wasn't paying too much mind to their chatter as the scenery had his attention at the time.

The train ran through until dusk, making good pacing, as Ponyville was on the horizon. Spike had eventually coughed up a new scroll from the princesses, one of which was from Luna that Rarity immedeatly threw out the window, she knew darn well the letter was for Wild Vine and she wouldn't let her have the satisfaction. "Rarity!" Twilight caught the tossed scroll, using her magic to levitate it back inside there cabin. "What's gotten into you?"

"Into me? What's gotten into that princess Luna is the more interesting question I'd like answered. Sending letters to my Wildy, the nerve." Rarity pouted.

"I don't know what's going on here with your sudden obsession with Wild Vine is, but that doesn't mean you should act rude. Besides, what's the possbility this scrolls even for Wild. Spike, if you please, read the scroll."

Spike cleared his throat, "Hear ye hear ye, I, princess Luna, haveth a message for thou, Wild Vine. I wish you luck on fitting in, dost thou not believe this, but I too used to be an outcast, trying hard to fit in, perhaps we can get together and share ideas. From Princess..."

Rarity grabbed the scroll and tore it up, "See? Now what did I just tell you. The nerve of that she-devil."

"Ugh, this is getting annoying.." Rainbow Dash groaned, "Seriously, what's with you and Wild? If ya ask me, you're just scaring him."

Rarity rolled her eyes and trotted elegantly back to her bed, "You wouldn't understand a pony's desire, and see that her friends are denying her that is just unforgivable."

"How far are we from home? This here is getting very odd and down right over done, no offense of course sugarcube." Applejack nudged Wild's bunk.

"Hm? Oh, um, its ok. Sorry, I'm just spaced out.." He laughed nervously, though seeing Rarity making kissy faces at him only made him feel more nervous, at least her kissy attacks would already be blocked by Applejack, jumping in front of Rarity snapping her out of it. Twilight then read the other scroll from Celestia, wishing her good luck on her up coming Wild studies.

Halting with a loud hiss from the trains engine, followed by a loud whistle, they finally arrived back home. It was nearly night, the sun had gone down with shades of orange and blue mixed in the sky above, some pegasi were flying back to their respective cloud homes. Twilight and the others quickly got off train, parting ways until tomorow morning, Wild was informed by Twilight that he'd be staying at her residence for the time being, and to keep a close eye on him if he gets attacked again by Rarity.

"I better get to Sugarcube Corner, Gummy's probably still awake and waiting." Pinkie Pie said to Twilight, Rarity and Wild. They were heading in the same general direction, so they decided to band up for now. Pinkie was first to part, gaving Wild a hug, and bounced happly inside her home.

Rarity was next along the way, as much as she didn't want to leave. But she kept her dignity, and sophistication, arriving at her front door with her friends. She turned to Wild, eye lashes batting at him as she giggled. Her sophistaction and dignity were not applied when she tackled him down, and started to make out with him again, more hungry than before. Twilight groaned, using her magic to levitate Rarity right off of Wild, allowing him to get back up, opening Rarity's front door and tossing her inside. She landed safely on a lush bed, the door slamming shut behind her.

"That was... uncalled for.." Wild coughed, "and thanks again, Twilight. Though the tossing seemed a bit overboard..."

"Sorry, we really need to get home, Spike fell asleep again..." Spike snored loudly on her back, "he's pretty heavy, and it's been a long day."

Wild laughed, walking besides her to Twilight's library tree house. The door swung open, once again by her magic, Twilight tiredly trotted up to her bed, levitating her belongings and Spike, along with his bed, onto the floor beside the bed. She tossed herself into her bed, face buried into her pillow.

Completely forgetting about Wild Vine, she fell asleep, leaving the curious stallion alone in her house. Wild walked around the bottom floor of the house, looking around at her bookshelves, picking a few out to read. It was the dead of night, the crickets were chirping, owls began to hoot and the wind was blowing. Wild had went through several books rather quickly, learning new things.

He yawned, standing back up and walking towards the door to the balcony. He opened the door, closing it behind him, as he took a leaf from the tree, using his magic to enlarge it as well as grow a bed of leaves for him to sleep on. He snuggled into bed, staring up at the stars. The sky was a dark shade of blue, the stars were shining brightly as was the moon. Wild stood up once again, jumping into the branches of the tree, climbing up to the top, getting a better look of the entire town.

Looking towards the Everfree Forest, he noticed something odd. A shadow that was out of place, and moving about the tree tops of the forest. His eyes began to glow for a better look, however even with his night vision eyes he couldn't keep up with what was moving about the tree tops, only catching glimpses until it dissappeared. He sighed and smiled, feeling more at home than he was back in Canterlot. Tomorrow, if he had time, he'd go out to search for that shadow, for now his bed was calling him, he climbed down and crawled back in bed, resting for the day ahead.