• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 2,477 Views, 31 Comments

The Incredible Shrinking Stallion - Duragan



As his life is about to come to an end at the claws of an ant, Shining Armour reflects how his life slowly began to change as day by day, he became smaller and smaller. His life flashed before him as he slowly began to shrink.

  • ...
1
 31
 2,477

Prologue: My story

You know, its funny. They say that whenever your life really is about to come to an end, you do see it flashing before you. I never though of such a ridiculous predilection myself of course, though when you're in my situation, it seems kinda hard now to question it now. Oh, who am I? Sorry, its just that given this situation, its a little hard to focus on multiple things at one.

My name is Shining Armour. I'm the captain of the Equestrian Royal guards, husband to the beautiful princess Mi Amore Cadenza; though she prefers to simply be addressed as Cadance, devoted sibling to princess Twilight Sparkle and prince of the Crystal Kingdom Empire. You could say that with all that I have I'd be on top of the world, right? Not in this case though. Right now, I'm trying to fight for my life against the single biggest threat of my long lasting adventure. While I've never been one for handling boring meetings among the delegates of the royal community or passing out boring laws that benefit the upper class more than the common folk that desperately need the support more, I can definitely say that those are the better days now. At least you didn't have to go up against this monstrosity that's lurking over me. Even with my shield magic trying to ward it off, I can't do anything else about it. I'm literally between a rock and a hard place with me surrounded by all of these creatures all hounding me, dwarfing me with their antenna flailing and their fangs snapping like a grinder hacking away at my shield, each knife like slice from either side keeps cutting down my hopes of ever seeing all that I'd fought and loved for ever again. Oh, these creatures I'm talking about? They're ants. Yeah, you heard me right... freaking ants!

Seems kinda dumb that I'd be fighting off these creatures and having so much difficulty with them in doing so, right? I know what you're thinking. They must be some kinda giant ant race that were summoned by some spell that went terribly wrong or by some mad Mage wanting revenge on me in some way, right? Nope, they are ordinary army ants. This seems like a dumb concept doesn't it? But then again, when you are me right now, barely a fraction of an inch tall, that would pretty much ruin any further suspensions of disbelief now, wouldn't it?

So in the last few moments I have left, you're probably asking me; 'How did this happen?', right? I'll try to keep it brief, but fill you in as we go along. With any luck, you'll at least know how a stallion like me went from being a respected prince to a meal for these common garden pests. It all began about three months ago...

Author's Note:

Re writing this story, hopefully to get it off to a better start fixing the grammar issues the previous chapter had (if anyone could remember it) ^^;.