• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 1,859 Views, 27 Comments

The Great and Powerful Ace Attorney - TundraStanza



A few years have passed since that case in which Trixie failed to get revenge against Twilight and her friends. Now, she's going to try being on the opposite side of the court. How hard can that be?

  • ...
5
 27
 1,859

Joke Chapter: Turnabout Too Much of a Great and Powerful Thing

Trixie opened her eyes to the light. Huh? When did Trixie enter the courtroom?

*Tap!* *Tap!*

"Court is now in session," declared the red pony in the judge's seat.

Trixie shook her head. Come on, Trixie! Don't lose it now!

"The Great and Powerful defense is ready, your honor!" she boldly stated.

"The Great and Powerful prosecution is ready, your honor!" stated an equally bold voice.

Trixie looked across the courtroom to the opposite side... and her hat promptly formed an intimate relationship with the ceiling. The prosecution shared every one of the great and powerful defense's good looks. Only... some of the features had the lines of several years added. Not to mention, the opposition wore a black ensemble instead of purple.

"What the...?" Trixie was at a loss for great words.

"Is something the matter, Ms. Trixie?" inquired his honor.

The Open-Mouthed and Confused Trixie pointed at herself. "How is Trixie over here...?" She then pointed at her older look-alike. "... if she is over there?"

"I'm afraid I don't follow," The judge furrowed his brow. He then cleared his throat. "Ms. Trixie, would you begin your opening statement?"

"Of course, your honor," stated the prosecution, "The prosecution calls up the defendant as a first witness to the crime."

"Er..." Trixie coughed before attempting to get her Great aura back. "The defense... has no... objections... to this call."

"I'm here!" called the witness.

Trixie's cape chose that moment to smack her in the face before returning to her backside. After that, she took a long look at the rather adorable witness. Said witness was very great-looking. It was an exact replica of what Trixie remembered seeing in one of her old photo collections.

"Witness, state your name and occupation for the court," addressed the Great and Powerful prosecution.

"My name is Trixie Lulamoon," cooed the young filly, "I'm unemployed."

"And you'd better get used to it," added the prosecution.

"Did some pony drug Trixie while she wasn't looking?" blurted Trixie out loud. "Wait a second. What was this trial even about in the first place?"

She levitated the case file in front of herself and muttered while reading. "The filly known as Trixie Lulamoon is being accused for the assault and murder of... What?! The Great and Powerful Trixie?!"

Her hat decided to break up with the ceiling and forge a new relationship with the floor.

"The defense pleads guilty." The filly on the witness stand smiled innocently.

Objection!

"Just a moment, Ms. Lulamoon," commented Trixie, "If Trixie loves attention, why would Trixie kill herself?"

"Hm?" hummed his honor.

"Well, the Great and Powerful prosecution submits this torn piece of a spell as evidence."

"Torn Spell Page" was added to the Court Record.

The prosecution slammed her wooden stand. "Clearly, our innocent filly traveled into the future to overcome her greatest challenge... herself!"

The Great and Powerful Trixie smirked. "Actually, it seems Trixie has just submitted the one piece of evidence that can prove Trixie's innocence."

The prosecution tilted her head. "What are you talking about?"

Take that!

Trixie held up the torn spell page via levitation. "Do you see this? This last part right here. It's the symbol for 'past', not future."

The Shocked and Startled prosecution gasped.

"Now you get it," Trixie continued, "Spell runes are cast with their intent at the end, not the beginning. If Ms. Lulamoon had cast this exact spell, she would have ended up in her past, not her future."

"But then that means..." The judge paused.

"There's only one Trixie that could have traveled into the past with the intent of killing herself in the present in order to avoid whatever jobless future she had. You!"

The black hat and cape unraveled from their master to the floor. The prosecution soon followed.

"AAAAAAAAAH!" She screamed before conking herself unconscious.

"Bailiff!" called his honor, "Take Ms. Trixie away at once. I'm ready to declare my verdict. This court finds the defendent Trixie Lulamoon..."

Not Guilty

Confetti rained from the ceiling as the ponies in the courtroom cheered.

"Court is dismissed."

*Tap!*

---

"Hey, Trixie," called Righty Tidy as she galloped forward.

"How did it go in there today?" asked Sonata.

"It went well," admitted Trixie, "but Trixie thinks she might have just sentenced herself to life imprisonment."

Righty tilted her head. "I don't get it."

"Never mind." Trixie shook her head. "Would either of you happen to have a scented pine cone with you?"

I regret nothing.

Author's Note:

For the record, I did warn you in the previous Author's Note that this was coming.