• Published 23rd Feb 2014
  • 1,632 Views, 66 Comments

Age Turned - Pen Brush



What did he ever do to deserve this? He didn't think that someone was going to hit him with some random spell that turned him into, well, this! And now the TARDIS isn't cooperating. maybe somepony will believe

  • ...
3
 66
 1,632

Age

He ran.

For most of his life, The Doctor ran. He’s run from Daleks, The Master, Cyberponies, he even ran from an angry mother once. But whatever the reason before, he just wanted to escape with his life right now. Thinking back to the events that had foreshadowed this, he couldn’t help but think that he might’ve been able to save the poor fellow.


Sparks flew as bolts of electricity arced through the air, nearly hitting The Doctor as he dove behind a fallen piece of concrete. The once pristine laboratory he was in was now a filthy, dilapidated, and overall rotting carcass of its once beautiful self.


Such a waste. The Doctor thought. We could’ve worked together, but it was already too late for him. He looked past the impromptu cover he was hiding behind to see a menagerie of his enemies all combined into one pony.


The once pearly white unicorn’s head and torso were covered with cyberpony armor that emanated a sickly green aura. Multiple gears and the sound of steam could be heard as cogs and pistons worked on a fake pair of wings, crafted from Dalek shells.


“Do you see Doctor? This is the true power ponies can possess!!” The mage raved as he shot another bolt towards The Doctor, nearly causing the concrete in front of him to collapse.


“It’s still not too late! Take that thing off! It’s corrupting you!” The Doctor pleaded, but his pleas fell on deaf ears.


“Too late?!” The pony unicorn laughed as he shot a bolt of a sickly green energy, which slammed into The Doctor as he ran towards another piece of destroyed lab for cover. “I have ascended to previously unknown heights of power! It is not too late! This is the beginning of a new world!!”


The Doctor cringed as he felt the energy arch through his body. I didn’t want to do this, but I must. He pulled out his Sonic screwdriver as he cringed in pain, aiming it at the ceiling.


“Oh, and what is that supposed to do?” He chuckled as he charged another spell, deciding that this last one would put the pesky time lord finally into his grave. “We’re under the Tiber River. That won’t do anything at all.”


“Oh you don’t understand.” He activated his screwdriver, causing the only thing keeping the water above them to start crumbling. “This little baby can do anything.” He ran towards the door, locking it, hearing the angered screams of his foe as water rushed inside the room. “I’m sorry Bright Mind.” He held his head down as he heard Roaman guards approaching. “I’m so terribly sorry.”


And now he ran. He ran as fast as his pain riddled body allowed him.


The Doctor looked over his shoulder as he approached the TARDIS, seeing several Roaman Centurions hot on his heels. He started panting as he opened and closed the Tardis, locking the doors as he leapt to the console.


“Well now, this trip to Roam was completely ruined.” He spun a couple knobs and levers on the TARDIS’s console as the Centurions banged on the doors. “Allons-y!” He pushed a final button, causing the familiar sound of the TARDIS disappearing into the time vortex. But there was something terribly different about the TARDIS’s flight this time.


The TARDIS groaned as it sped along the time stream, sparks flying around the main chamber as The Doctor tried to level it.


“Just a little longer old girl… come on…” He pulled with all his might on the lever, noticing it had become a lot heavier than it was a few minutes ago. With a sickening groan, the TARDIS landed, allowing The Doctor to breathe as he walked outside into a crisp, summer night, before collapsing from exhaustion.


Pain. That’s all the brown-coated foal felt as he slowly woke in front of a towering blue box.


“That’s the last time I try that,” the foal groaned out as he got his bearings. “I wonder where I am and why my voice has suddenly gotten so squeaky.” The foal looked around the area he had woken up in to look for anything he could find to see himself in.


What he found was a small puddle nearby, its crystal clear surface giving off a slight sense of calm, but this calm was interrupted by the sound of a bell nearby, followed with the indescribable chatter of ponies he couldn’t understand.


“I wonder what country I’m in,” The foal asked himself as he looked into the puddle, only for his pupils to shrink as he saw his form. “No. Not again.” The once large and very handsome time lord, known as The Doctor was now a light brown-coated, muddy brown-maned, earth pony colt. His icy blue eyes stared back at him in his reflection.


“Still, not ginger.” He groaned as he looked at his new body, noticing he had no cutie mark. “Great, now the TARDIS won’t listen to me.”


Before the Doctor could complain about his new body any further, an earth pony with three smiling daisies for a cutie mark walked up to The Doctor, speaking in a foreign language as she ushered him into a nearby school house.


“Wait, what are you doing?” he asked as he struggled against her. “Why can’t I understand you?” he continued to ask this as he was plopped into a nearby school desk, dreading what he knew was about to come. “Great, school.”


Cheerilee stood outside in the grass of the school as the bell rang, signalling the return of her little students. She smiled warmly as the fillies and colts ran past her on either side back to the school and into class. She turned to head back in as the last foal ran in, when out of the corner of her eye a small brown shape a few feet behind the school caught her attention.


She looked inside the classroom, and at all the waiting foals, and told them she would be right back. She walked closer to the brown shape and saw it was a foal, a colt to be exact, who she hadn't seen before. She figured he was probably a new student who might have just gotten here. He was looking at himself in a small puddle that was close to a strange box.


She smiled warmly at him as she walked up next to him and said it was time for him to go into the classroom.


She was a bit confused when he started to speak some gibberish language and struggled against her as she began to lead him inside, but she assume he was just a lonely colt in a new town messing around with a language he had made up for himself before he got to the school, so she opted to ignore the strangeness and sat him down in the only available seat in the front row right across from her desk.


She walked up to the front of the class and started to teach the class some new formula for math on the board, while the colt frowned and wasn't paying attention.


The Doctor sighed, he supposed school wasnt that bad, even if it was completely boring. But when you somehow get turned into a colt, forced into a class, and are unable to understand or read anything that was going on, it was horrible. At least he was able to tell by the tranquil taste of the air that he was in Ponyville and the Elements of Harmony were alive at this point.


He would probably be able to get Twilight Sparkles assistance in helping him get back to normal once he escaped the crazy teacher who continued to catch him trying to leave a few times already by picking him up by the scruff of his neck and sat him back down at the desk. He grumbled, apparently teachers were allowed to touch students in this school.


He put his head down on top of the desked and watched the teacher draw things on the board as she explained something he couldn't understand to the class. He watched the movement of the chalk across the blackboard as he blocked out the speaking before a loud ringing noise rang out through the room. He fell out of his seat onto the floor in surprise.


The other foals’ laughter in the room was recognisable in any language as The Doctor stood back up and looked around sheepishly as he slowly sat back down. He looked forward again and watched as the purple teacher began putting things away and cleaned the board as the foals moved past him and headed towards the door.


The Doctor smiled. So that bell must have been the end of school, he thought, Great, now I can finally get out of here and acquire assistance.


He jumped out of the seat he had been forced into multiple times and ran out the door, where the teacher was standing who seemed to have wanted to talk to him, and out into the fresh air. He didn't realize he was at the top of a small hill until he tripped and rolled down it to the bottom.


He got up back to his hooves and looked around the area. Ponies were walking around picking up their kids and walking home from work, obscuring his view of the buildings so he couldn't tell where his destination lay.


Curse my current stature! he thought angrily as he looked around at the mass of ponies, which didn't make much sense to him as there wasn't many ponies in the town to begin with, the last time he checked. He sighed, unable to see above the adults, being a colt had a lot of downsides to it.