• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 1,511 Views, 24 Comments

SMITE- Of Gods and Ponies - Guy who Buried his Head



Gods have been in battle for as long as time itself. Gods of the sky and earth, war and love, deceit and justice. But a new being enters the battlefield. Not a god, not a demon, not a spirit. But a little purple pony named Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
5
 24
 1,511

Chapter II

"Wake up... come now. Wake up!" Twilight heard voices shouting. The darkness in her eyes lifted. She stared up at the sky, and white columns stretching upward. She hadn't left this strange place. She wasn't dreaming.

"Rouse yourself, young one." The voice beckoned. This one was new. Twilight sat up. Sure enough, the three from earlier were still here. A fourth god joined them. She looked like another human. Clad in armor, with a bronze spear and shield in hand. Olive colored hair, and scrolls at her belt. Her appearance was less intimidating than that of the others. Twilight was glad to see another lenient face.

"You're Athena, aren't you?" Twilight asked.

The woman smiled. "You're correct. And you must be Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight stood up. "So, what am I doing here? If Nu Wa was supposed to be here, what was she going to do?" She asked.

Athena's smile diminished. She turned away from Twilight, and toward the exit of the white room. "To fight a war."

Twilight trembled. "War!?"

"Afraid so." Sun Wukong answered. "And we're one team member short. Without Nu Wa, our team is sure to fall."

"Don't say that." Bastet said. "We still have a chance."

"I'd like to see it, then." Xbalanque scowled. "Four against five isn't exactly an even battle."

"But we do have five. We have Twilight Sparkle here." Bastet replied.

"Wait, me? I can't fight in a war!"

"You said you were good with magic, no?" Athena asked.

Twilight paused. "Well, yes. But hardly for combat."

Athena took a steady look at the mare. "Follow me." She instructed, and Twilight did so. She was led out of the white room, into a much larger pavilion. In the center was a pair of women, towering over both of them. They glowed a divine blue, and each held a gold spear in their hands, while the other hands were bound to each other. "Do you know how we win these kind of wars?" Athena asked. Twilight shook her head.

"This is the Titan." Athena explained. "It is the entire source of power for this base. If the Titan falls, we loose."

Twilight gulped, and by averting her eyes from the Titan, she looked around the rest of the pavilion. Beyond the Titan were three exits, each met with a round alter near the arch of each exit. Athena set her spear and shield down, and pulled a scroll from her belt. She knelt down, and unfurled it on the floor.

It showed an oval shape, with three wide strips stretching from the oblong ends. Two along the edges, one straight down the center. All three met at each end of the oval. "We are here." Athena began, pointing to one end of the shape. "And our enemy is here." She said, pointing at the other end. "These are the lanes, and the area between is the jungle. Each lane has two towers and a phoenix for each side. Behind the phoenixes, lies each side's Titan."

Twilight looked up. Sure enough, each alter leading to the exits were set aflame with bright a bright blue pyre. Wings flapped from the fire and with a screech, three cerulean phoenixes rose in front of the Titan.

"Now, our goal, along with the enemy's, is to destroy the towers, the phoenix, and then the Titan. The towers must be destroyed first, since everything else behind them is indestructible. The structures attack anything that gets within its range, but targets minions first." Athena went on.

"Minions?" Twilight asked.

"Mortal men who fight for us." The armor-clad woman clarified. "They're only job is to march down the lanes, and help damage the towers and other minions. Early on, our powers are weak, so its best to stay behind the minions and let them die to the tower."

"That sounds like an awful way to go..." Twilight murmured.

"Its for our cause. They do not die in vain."

"So, where do I come in? What am I supposed to do?"

"Again, you use magic, yes?"

"Yeah..."

"You will go down the middle lane. All you have to do is slay minions, and stay stronger than the opposing god. When you get the chance, follow the minions into the tower, and attack it before it targets you."

"Wait, I have to fight a god!?" Twilight cried. "I could get slaughtered!"

"Remain calm. When the battle begins, he too will be weak. The more you progress by slaying minions and towers, you will become stronger too. Gods can be slain as well."

"You can die?" Twilight asked. "B-B-But how?"

"It is simple. Gods assume physical forms, and everything has a limit." Athena went on. "It is not permanent. Gods reappear at the base after a short time."

Twilight looked down at the map some more. "What if I need help?" She asked. "Will someone be there to back me up?"

"If you need to, you can return to the base and heal. Or simply speak to us. We will hear you." Athena smiled. "One last thing to take care of." She said, pointing to two circles in the middle of each jungle. "The Fire Giant and the Gold Fury. Neutral monsters. Defeating either of them is an advantage."

"What will you be doing, then?"

"Xbalanque and I will guard the left lane. You take the middle, and Sun Wukong takes the right. Bastet will be jungling."

"Jungling?" Twilight asked.

"She will venture the jungle killing the monsters within. It is a safe way to become stronger. If needed, she ganks the lanes to help out." Athena said, noticing Twilight raised an eyebrow at the word 'gank'. "Ambush."

"Ah." Twilight said. "Kill the minions. Destroy the towers." She said to herself.

"And most importantly:..." Athena added. "Do not die."

Twilight gulped. She hadn't face anything like this. "If we win... will I go home?"

Athena smiled. "I promise."

Twilight felt weight lift from her shoulders.

"Now, follow me. Time for our first step in this battle." She said, directing Twilight down the middle lane.