• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 533 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: Winds of Change - Raven_Eye



An adventure series tackling issues of what it means to find fulfillment in life.

  • ...
 4
 533

Pilot Episode: The Draft

Prologue

A group of Royal Guards were deep in the Everfree forest, among them was a Pegasus flying above a group of spear wielding Unicorns and Earth ponies. His eyes scanned the area thoroughly, from the ground, a yell caused the Pegasus to cover his face with his hoof.

"You see anything Windshear?"

The Pegasus sighs deeply, "No, but if you keep yelling, he'll know were here long before we ever see him."

The other Unicorns snicked at the suddenly dumbfounded yeller, they smacked him upside the head playfully as they continued their search.

Windshear made a landing beside the Unicorn leader, "I need to give my wings a break, I've been up there for nine hours straight..." the Unicorn nodded to him in response.

"So, you mind telling me why we're after this, what did you call it, Abada?"

The Unicorn nodded and answered; "Yes, Abada. I don't know much about it except that it's a Zebra Unicorn thing from a distant land who supposedly came to Canterlot to study. But, he ended up breaking into the royal library and making away with a very special book. The book is suppose to hold the secrets to some very nasty kinds of magic, something Princess Celestia wanted kept safe and out of the hooves of anypony who'd misuse it. That's all I know."

"Understood sir." came his response.

"Hey Windshear, how's it going with that pretty friend of yours? You ever going to marry her? If not, can I?" came a blunt question which drove Windshear into gritting his teeth and seething.

"She's too good for me. That makes her several orders of magnitude too bucking good for you!" he snapped back.

The ponies all had a good laugh at Windshear's expense before the group continued through the forest. After sometime an Earth pony at the front of the group put his hoof up to the group, indicating they should stop here.

"What did you find?" inquired the lead Unicorn.

"Shhh!" came the response.

The Earth pony looked about carefully, paying attention to every detail.

"Something's not right here..."

Suddenly a series of strange noises came from all around the group which caused all the ponies to gather about in a circular formation on instinct, suddenly out of nowhere the flora came to life, and attempted to entangle the group in vines, they used their spears and hooves to defend themselves, their training overriding any other instincts.

Windshear glared about angrily, he broke ranks with the group and took position between them and the source of the angry plant life, he stomped his hooves down on a patch of dry dirt, breaking up the earth and rocks into shards of debris, he then opened his wings,

"Eat this!"

With a mighty flap of his wings he blew the displaced earth and rocks straight to the source of the attacking vines, shredding them instantly and stopping the attack.

"Good move!" came a cheer, followed by complementary hooves clomping on the ground.

"I'm not called 'Windshear' for nothing!" he said with a bow to the group.

Suddenly the earth below the soldiers became soft, their hooves sank into the ground and before they could get out, it solidified, trapping them all except for Windshear who managed to get off the ground and take flight before becoming trapped.

"What the buck?!" he cried out.

Suddenly a maniacal laugh came from the forest all around them.

"Who are you?! Show yourself!" yelled Windshear at the top of his lungs.

From out of the darkest and thickest part of the forest appeared the silhouette of a two horned Unicorn, when he finally stepped into the light, Windshear eyed him over carefully, assessing his opponent.

"So that's an Abada..." Windshear muttered to himself.

"Testing my new found power would be grand, but I must go, I've much to do, and not a moment to spare for a gloat!"

The Abada began to quickly gallop away, Windshear turned back to his comrades and started trying to dig them out.

"Forget about us, go get him!"

Windhshear ignored the order and continued to dig his comrades out.

"A good soldier doesn't leave anypony behind!"

The lead Unicorn took a breath and mustered up his most authoritative voice.

"If he gets away, who knows what kind of disasters he could cause! You HAVE to stop him!"

Windshear stomped his hoof down and heaved a heavy sigh.

"You know I'm right Windshear. We'll be fine, now GO!"

Windshear nodded and took wing, he headed in the direction of the Abada. The Pegasus flew along the path, it was sometime before his eyes finally caught sight of the Abada, like a hawk fixed on his prey Windshear dove in after him, the Abada looked back for a moment before picking up his pace. His goal was in sight, the edge of the forest where a strange looking airship was awaiting his arrival. Windshear peered ahead to the ship, inside he could see Zebra warriors waiting with spears at the ready.

"If I don't catch him now, I never will! Come on wings! Let's go!"

Windshear picked up his pace, flying as fast as his wings would take him, he could see he was catching up to the Abada now, he just might make it! The Abada stopped, he turned to face the incoming Pegasus with a smirk. He opened an old book and flipped some pages, as he read, his horns began to glow green.

Windshear felt the wind from around his wings being sucked away, he couldn't sustain his altitude, he began to fall, flapping his wings with all his might, he just couldn't regain any lift, his face met the hard earth with a thud and everything went black...

Five years later

The once 'great and powerful' Trixie wandered aimlessly around Canterlot, her once fabulous robes in tatters, she's a pony at the end of her enchanted rope. Nopony even offers her a second glance as she wanders down a busy road in Canterlot's center, she heads towards the bank and in she goes, she waits impatiently in queue for sometime before finally getting to meet with one of the bankers.

"Miss Trixie. Come to make your payment?" he asked her in a cynical voice, he could tell immediately she couldn't from the look of her, but he seemed to enjoy rubbing it in.

Trixie gritted her teeth and answered with a snarl "No... I need an extension."

"Can't do that. We've given you all the extensions we can give. If you don't come up with the bits by the end of the week. You'll be in big trouble." came his calm, even toned answer, but he couldn't help his smirk.

As she walked out of the bank, she heaves a heavy sigh.

"How did it all come to this? I am the GREAT and POWERFULL TRIXIE! And I've lost it all..."

She headed back down the street, her head held low, not even watching the ground she's walking on, her thoughts going over her life. She absent mindedly walked straight into somepony and bounced off his flank, falling flat onto her own.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" he said to her with aggression in his voice.
Trixie gazed up into his face, she narrowed her eyes and stood back up glaring at him menacingly.
"Watch where you're standing!" she retorted with fire in her eyes.
The stallion turned his body to face her, his eyes glanced her over critically.
"Looks like you've seen better days."
"Ha ha ha! The Great and Powerful Trixie does not need your pity! She only demands you get out of her way!"
The Stallion raised an eyebrow at her curiously before chuckling.
"I like your audacity! Never compromise your megalomania, no matter how bad it gets ei?"
Trixie felt a sudden surge of pride and smirked manically.
"No, the great and powerful never compromise! Now MOVE!"
The Stallion stepped aside and gave her the road, smiling blissfully. Once she was gone a soft elegant voice spoke to the stallion.
"Windshear, why in Equestria would you do that? She was a rude old nag!"
Windshear chuckled lightly.
"Because she's a pony who once had the world in her hoof, now the world has her under its hoof, and she won't give up. Rude or not, I respect that. Strength of the heart, no matter in what form, is a good thing. Wish I had more of that."
Windshear looked up to the sky while taking a bite out of a peach in his hoof. "Break time is almost over, cloud control doesn't do itself."
"Windy, you do have a strong heart. I just wish you could see that, see yourself the way I see you."
Windshear sighed deeply while taking another bite out of his peach, he turned his gaze to his friend's violet eyes and smiled.
"Octavia, pride and recklessness got me nowhere but here. I really wonder why you even waste your time on me, I'm nopony special."
Octavia frowned sadly while gazing back into his eyes.
"Because you're my friend. You used to have this, grand love of life. But you never told me what changed you so much."
Windshear donned his workman's cap and sighed to her.
"I just want to forget about it and do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay."

"The Windshear I once knew wanted a life of adventure, he wanted to be that Stallion every filly dreamed of being just like when they grew up."

Ending the conversation abruptly and dropping what was left of his peach into a nearby trashcan, he took wing and hit the sky. Octavia watched him fly and let out a deep sigh, hugging onto her cello in its protective casing.

"Oh Windy..."

Windshear took a deep breath of the open air, it brought a smile to his face, he indulged in it for a long moment before he headed to a large cloud which two Pegasi were struggling to move.

"Make way! Here comes Windshear!"

He yelled with pride as he used his wings to create a gust of wind which quickly geot the cloud moving, the two Pegasi smile in gratitude as they could now more easily keep the cloud moving. Windshear flew over to another cloud and turned his flank to it, with a powerful buck of his hind legs the cloud dispersed, he looked to the noon sun and down at Canterlot, he sighed.

"What's the matter Windshear? You just left poor Octavia in your backwash."

He turned to peer at a brightly colored Pegasus mare behind him with a long flowing red mane.

"Nothing, just an awkward conversation, she was just wondering how I ended up here."

The mare flew over beside him and poked him flirtatiously with her hoof.

"Yeah, how -did- such a handsome stallion end up here? Weren't you a Royal Guard?"

Windshear heaved a heavy sigh.

"I didn't tell her, think I'm going to tell you? You're not -that- pretty."

He flew off to buck the next cloud out of existence leaving the mare with an offended look on her face.

"GRRRR! What does she see in him?" she wondered out loud before getting back to work.

Later that evening, Windshear walked down one of Canterlot's many busy streets and into a popular Jazz Club where Octavia plays with her band mates every night. He took a seat near the back of the room, the sound carried perfectly there, too far upfront and it's way too loud, too far back and the sound is drowned by the noises from outside, but closer to the middle of the room, he found that the sound blended beautifully.

Windshear gazed up at them on stage, playing their music, fulfilling their heart's desires, he felt a pang of sorrow, thinking back on his life, but then he remembered the first time he discovered this cafe, and the first time he'd ever sat at that particular table.

Seven Years Earlier...

Windshear was walking down the same busy street in Canterlot, he was dressed sharply in his Royal Guard cadet uniform, he hated how it made him stand out, heads always turned no matter where in Canterlot he went, he decided to go looking for a place to get lost in a crowd, he peered over to his right at a cafe, "Long Tall Sally's Jazz Club" he eyed a sign that read 'auditions today' and figured this would be a good place not to be noticed.

He walked in and looked around, there were plenty of nervous musicians seated at the various tables, and all along the edges, only one table had a free place to sit, it was occupied by a young pony sitting next to a large musical instrument, Windshear walked over to her confidently and sat down beside her.

The pony raised an eyebrow to him and spoke with a soft and sophisticated voice.

"Excuse you? I don't recall giving you permission to sit."

Windshear looked into her eyes and smiled brightly.

"Well, if I had asked, things would just get too complicated".

She simply held her posture and stared blankly at him.

" Let me explain. First I would have introduced myself, and then I would have used the fact that you're the most beautiful pony in the room as my excuse for wanting to sit down with you, to which you would have told me to go buck myself. So I decided that it would be better for both of us if I just sat down, since I never take no for an answer. Why risk rejection and make myself seem like an ass by sitting down anyway after you said no to me?"

Octavia looked at him sideways, she couldn't help but smile, but still tried to force herself to look disgusted.

"How can you be so charming, and so obnoxious at the same time?"

Windshear leaned in towards her, gesturing for her to come closer to hear something he was about to say.

"Magic." he snorted twice for effect.

Octavia burst into uncontrolled laughter. Windshear smiled at her, her eyes met with his after she took a deep breath to regain her composure.

"I'm Octavia."

"Windshear."

"Could I just call you Windy?"

"Usually, I'd be very upset, but I do like the way it sounds when you say it. So sure. But only you can call me that."


"Windy?"

"Windy!"

Windshear was brought back to reality by a sudden shove of someone's hoof.

"Are you alright?"

He blinked his eyes as he reacquainted himself with the real world.

"Yes, sorry. I was just, day dreaming."

Octavia took a seat beside him and smiled.

"What were you thinking about?"

Windshear sat back and smiled at her.

"About you, the first time we met in this place."

Octavia smiled and rested her head in her hooves as she gazed at Windshear.

"Yes, that was a good day. I remember I was so nervous about my audition."

"You didn't need to be. You blew them away. You still blow them away. You play beautifully."

"If you didn't come along, I wouldn't have played half as well."

"What makes you say that?"

The pair drifted towards each other with bright smiles.

"Because I stopped caring about the crowd, the critics, I just wanted to play fo..."

"Miss Octavia! Miss Octavia! Could you sign this for me?" came a loud voice which pierced right into her skull, thoroughly interrupting the moment.

Octavia watched as Windshear glanced about casually, she wondered if he'd even realized what she about to say before she turned her attention to the source of the interruption, a pink pony with a fluffy pink mane.

"YOU!" said Octavia through her teeth.

"Yes me! Who else?" came the response with a big bright smile.

"You ruined what could have been my greatest performance at the Gala! And now you want me to sign you an autograph?! Grrr! Leave! Or I'll sign your cold, dead, corpse!"

"Sheesh! No need to be such a meanie about it!" came the response before she pranced away.

Windshear couldn't' help but laugh.

"What's so funny! You didn't see what she did!"

"No, but, it's rare to see you angry like that. It's amusing."

"Amusing?! What's so amusing about it?"

"That look on your face is priceless!"

The two laughed for a long while, enjoyed an evening of storytelling and more laugher before they decided to call it a night and head home. Windshear carried her cello for her as they walked down the quiet street together. It was a long, silent and contemplative walk.

Windshear suddenly caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye that sent chills up and down his spine, a hooded pony at first glance, but a zebra at second glance!

"Could it be?"

He handed the cello to Octavia in a hurry. "Wait here."

He quickly trotted out leaving Octavia with a curious gaze as he trotted out in front of the hooded Zebra.

"Hey, who are you?" he inquired with an authoritative tone.

The zebra simply shoved past him.

"Hey! I asked you a question!"

The Zebra stopped and pulled down it's hood, it wasn't just a Zebra, it was an Abada! It wasn't the same Abada from five years ago, but the look in its eyes said it was no friend to ponies, the Abada spoke loudly:

"I am Alban! Student of the great and powerful Lucien! I have come with a message, life as you know it, is about to end!"

He began to channel magic, animating all manner of plants and causing them attack the defenseless ponies, Octavia froze in terror and let out a loud yelp as one of the vines started trying to entangle her, but all it caught onto was her cello which she stubbornly refused to give up! Windshear looked back at her and was suddenly seeing red!

He charged the Abada and body slammed him with all his might! But the Abada held strong, shoving him back, the two began to clash with their hooves, the ponies all over the street began to flee for their lives while the guards rushed to fight the plants.

Windshear was suddenly driven back by a violent gust of wind, not one to be dominated by his natural element, Windshear spread his wings and directed the airflow back at the Abada sending him to the ground. The Abada shook it off, got back up and began working another spell, surrounding himself with a vortex of debris, keeping Windshear at bay while his plant minions continued to cause chaos. Windshear tightened up and stomped his hooves on the ground, getting ready to charge, he lunged forward only to be blocked by a short ragged mare!

"Stay back! If you charge him now, you'll be shredded!" she yelled over the sound of the howling wind.

"What do we do then?" inquired a frustrated Windshear.

"Allow me!" came her response.

She took off her tattered pointy hat to reveal her blue glowing horn, with her own magic, she managed to disrupt the Abada's spell, causing much of the debris to fall out of the vortex.
"NOW! GET HIM!" came her yell.

Windshear didn't need to be told, he was already well on his way, he lowered his head as he made contact with the vortex, the remaining debris cut him up, but he was still able to get through and knock the Abada senseless.

"Now, with his control broken, it's almost too easy for the only, truly, great and powerful magical being to dispel this foul magic."

Trixie smirked manically as she unraveled the Abada's spells, returning the plants to normal. Windshear glared down at the unconscious Abada as the guards came to collect him.

"We'll take it from here." they said as Windshear backed off nodding to them.

Windshear turned to face the pony who came to his aid.

"Thanks. I owe you one." he said to her just as she was putting her hat back on.

"No need to thank me. Greatness is its own reward."

Windshear fought off the urge to facehoof as he heard her say that.

"Name's Windshear." he said.

"Hard to believe a pony like ME needs an introduction. I am the Great and Powerful TRIXIE!"

Windshear couldn't hold it back any longer, his hoof met his face.

"You know, I appreciate your help, but do you really have to blow your own horn so loud?"

Trixie smirked and giggled at Windshear.

"Why so serious? Take a look around!"

Windshear perked up his head and gazed about as the various ponies gazed in awe at their heroic feat. Octavia in particular was gazing at him in wonder, a vine still wrapped partly around her cello.

"You see? We're heroes! Enjoy the moment, it's not every day you see Trixie rise back up to greatness like a Phoenix being reborn from ashes!"

Windshear rolled his eyes at the comment and suddenly felt unsure of himself in the situation, he wasn't used to having so many eyes upon him. He simply walked over towards Octavia and asked if she was alright while picking the vines off her cello.

"I'm fine Windy. What happened?"

"I have no idea." came his genuine response.

A pair of Unicorn guards came up to them, one of them cleared his throat to get their attention before speaking.

"Windshear, the Princesses want to see you and that Unicorn. Immediately."

Windshear lowered his head in shame, but Trixie jumped for joy!

"Oh! Now the Princesses want to see ME! Do lead the way, we shouldn't keep them waiting. Come along Windy!"

Windshear turned to Trixie and growled in anger.

"My name is Wind-SHEAR!"

"Whatever." came Trixie's response as she walked behind the guard with her head held high.

"I'll catch up with you later Octavia. I'm sorry about all this." he said before trotting off to catch up.

"No need to be sorry Windy..." she said with a sigh.

The two were brought before Princesses Celestia and Luna, they each took a humble bow, Trixie wearing her signature smirk while Windshear kept a straight face and formal posture, even with the lack of armor, anypony could be forgiven for thinking was still a Royal Guard, in this room, his training and instincts overrode everything else in his mind.

"Windshear, it is good to see you again."

Windshear kept his formality carefully rising to his hooves again, Trixie followed him up, not being fully aware of the protocols of the room, her usual demeanor took a back seat to following Windshear's lead, for the time being.

"Thank you Princess Celestia. I'm humbled that you'd ask to see me." he spoke in a soft even tone.

"What you did today was very brave Windshear. But I thought you resigned from the Royal Guard? In fact, I was sure you had."

Windshear bowed his head in humility.

"Forgive me Princess. I didn't mean to take the law into my own hooves. But, it all happened so fast and..."

Princess Celestia rested a hoof on his head calming his fears.

"I didn't mean it that way Windshear. If you'd allow me to finish, I was going to thank you for what you and your friend did."

Princess Luna finally spoke up in her rather loud tone;

"But at the same time we wish thoust hadn't! We were trying to keep an eye on the Abada! To determine what it wished to accomplish!"

Windshear let out a deep sigh while putting his mane back together.

"I'm sorry to have disappointed you as well Princess Luna."

Celestia looked to Windshear curiously, "What do you mean Windshear?"

Trixie peered back and forth, not exactly sure what to make of the situation, but rather than speak up, she choose to remain quite to see what she could learn from the exchange, especially after what she heard from Princess Luna.

"What happened today was my fault. If I had stopped Lucien five years ago, this never would have happened. "

Princess Celestia looked down on Windshear and shook her head.

"No, you didn't let me down. You haven't let us down. You did everything which was in your power to do. If you had the help of the Unicorn guards, you probably would have been able to stop him. Today should have proved that to you."

Trixie perked up an eyebrow, her curiosity now at its peak.

"Yes Princess, I wouldn't have been able to defeat the Abada without Trixie's help."

Trixie finally spoke up. "Yes, my power is great. What can I say?"

Windshear's hoof met his face for the second time, how they remained apart for so long with Trixie around was a mystery to him.

Princess Luna spoke up in her loud voice to Trixie.

"Thou do indeed have potential, but thou hast much to learn if thou wishest to reach thine potential."

Luna quickly covered her mouth with her hoof and rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, I'm trying to work on the tone of voice, advise from a friend." she said in a low voice drawing confused looks from Windshear and Trixie.

"My sister has a student, but I'm keen to take one on as well. I need ponies capable of going places I cannot, able to withstand the hardships of the world outside of Equestria."

Windshear peers at Luna skeptically, but Trixie saw the opportunity of a life time!

"Yes! I'll be your student Princess!"

Windshear rolled his eyes while Luna elaborated.

"I want the two of you to travel to the homeland of the Abada, in Zebrica. Find out what is happening there, and what has been done with the magic book stolen from Caterlot five years ago. Bring it back if you can, destroy it if you must."

Windshear bowed his head to Princess Luna.

"My lady, with respect. I've already failed your sister. I'm afraid that if I..."

Luna peered at Windshear and gave him a deathly gaze, she raised her voice to him, yelling; "Windshear, there's no room for self doubt! Equestria needs your skills. Consider yourself drafted into my service. One day you'll thank me for this. I assure you!"

Windshear cringed at the yelling.

"Sorry." Luna spoke again in her soft voice before adding, "Everything you will both require for your journey will be provided for you. I will summon you again before we are ready for you to depart."

Trixie raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"As your student Princess, I assume I get to command Windy here?"

Princess Luna raised a curious eyebrow to Trixie, "No it does not!" she yelled, before softening her voice again hurriedly. "Sort yourselves out, just do what I've told you to do. The fate of Equestira could very well be in your hooves."

Windshear gulped audibly under Luna's glare before taking a bow, Trixie however was in awe of her presence, making mental notes about her persona, Windshear grabbed her by the cape and pulled her along behind him. When the two finally left the room Luna looked to her elder sister.

"Are you sure it's a good idea sending those two? I'm suddenly unsure."

Celestia smiled to her little sister reassuringly. "Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

Meanwhile, outside...

"Did that really just happen? Has the great and powerful Tri..."

Windshear put his hoof on her mouth, her eyes widened to the extreme at his audacity!

"Yes! It did just happen. I've been drafted, and ordered to travel to the end of the known world, with a narcissistic, megalomaniacal pony with delusions of grandeur, to save the world as we know it."

Windshear put his other hoof on his stomach as the reality of the situation suddenly sunk in.

"I'm going to be sick..." he pulled his hoof back from her face and took a moment to breathe deeply.

"It could be worse. You could have to do it all alone, and not have the awesome powers of the greatest Equine in the world to protect you!"

Upon hearing that, Windshear turned a dark green and surged off to the nearest window where he proceeded to hurl.

"WHAT? I don't remember eating that!" he yelled before coughing up the rest of his stomach's contents.

Trixie looked on in amusement while taking a moment to let it all sink in.

"Now I finally have the chance to prove myself not only as the greatest practitioner of magic, but as the greatest hero in all of Equestria! Oh could this day be any better?"

Windshear made the mistake of overhearing what she said to herself and proceeded to vomit yet again.

Windshear and Trixie later emerged from the castle, Windshear had a staggered walk from the pains caused by his earlier fight, he'd put it out of his mind until then, he picked his head up when he heard a voice calling out to him.

"Windy!"

Octavia rushed to his side glancing him over. "You're hurt."

"It's nothing, it'll hurt even more come morning." he responded with a smile.

"Uuuh! Get a room you two! I'm going to bed." said Trixie with a mocking tone.

Windshear held back his response, his stomach was still turning from earlier, he choose a random direction and began to walk, Octavia followed close, she knew how he was when he got this way, he'd speak up when he collected his thoughts. Sure enough, he eventually did.

"I'm back in the service." he muttered lowly.

Octavia peered at him with a raised eyebrow and listened carefully as he went on.

"I made a mess of things again. Fighting that Abada. Princess Luna said she wanted to keep an eye on him, see what he was going to do. But I just had to fight him. I don't know what came over me. I saw him, I remembered what the last one did, and I let my instincts take control."

"I think it's time you finally told me what happened when you left the guard."

"I left because I failed. A powerful Abada stole a magical book from the Royal Library, a book which held dangerous magical secrets. A book Princess Celestia never wanted to have fall into the wrong hooves. That Abada, Lucian, managed to defeat us all, and made away with the book. His magic was just too strong for me. Even that Abada today, if Trixie didn't show up, blah. I hate giving her credit, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth."

"I thought you said you respect her, strength of heart, and all that." she said with a giggle.

"That was before I was actually forced to have to work with her."

"What do you mean?"

"Princess Luna drafted me back into the service now. And Trixie as well. She ordered us to travel to Zebrica, defeat Lucien, and bring the book back if we can, destroy it if we must."

"When do we leave?"

"We? Oh no."

"Oh yes. You're not leaving me behind Windy!"

Windshear turned to face her with a stern look. "You're not coming along. It's too dangerous!"

"I didn't ask you. I told you."

"Octavia, outside of Equestria, is a dangerous world. Even here in Equestria we have dangerous things, but out there, it gets worse, much worse. Besides, what about your band, your life? Joining the greatest Orchestras? Composing music for the ages?"

"But I need inspiration! Out there are different people, different sounds, instruments, and ideas. I want to experience it all! And I'm not taking no for an answer. Besides, you need a pony around who's hooves are firmly planted on the ground to keep you out of trouble." she said with a smile.

"I'm going to regret this, aren't I?"

"You'll only regret it if you don't say yes. Would you rather be alone with Trixie? And when you inevitably get fed up with her arrogance, you'll end up leaving her in a ditch somewhere, then you'd be terribly lonely without me."

"Good point." he said with a laugh.

Octavia moved in to give him a hug, the two embraced for a long moment.

"This whole thing is going to be good for you Windy. You wait and see."