• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 1,346 Views, 10 Comments

Virtuous Desperado - Dumakey93



The darkness refuses to let me live peacefully, as I watch the light fall by my hands...

  • ...
6
 10
 1,346

Chapter 3

I found myself in darkness once again, this time muffled voices surrounded me. I was mindlessly wandering about in the darkness, as the voices grew louder. With every step I took, the voices changed into wails of agony. As the wails grew in intensity, I heard a loud screech of nails along floorboards. I tried to cover my ears, only to find that this only intensified the sounds.

The sounds got even louder, as blood began to drip out of my ears and onto my white shirt. The sounds suddenly stopped and faded into small voices, whispering a strange language. It seemed that this was a nightmare, one that tortured through cycles.

The sounds dissipated until the only thing heard was the beating of my heart. The darkness suddenly was blasted by brightly lit images. They were photographs of what I once was, a killer of innocent people. I still had that evil inside of me, but it was slowly fading as I spent more time in Equestria. An image of my parents suddenly flew past, as I stared into those long dead eyes.

The image stopped in front of me, as I found I couldn’t close my eyes, blood flowed from above the frame. The smiles that were captured by it suddenly twisted into grotesque smirks. My father suddenly came to life, and jumped out of the frame, stunning me. I couldn’t move, out of fear and disbelief of my father returning from hell. Mother soon followed suit, as she joined him and they cornered me, cackling with every step.

I tried to look away, but their empty eyes forced me to see them. My breaths turned shallow, as I reached for my one true friend. I pulled the gun from my holster, and raised it to my mother’s head. I fired a shot straight into her skull, as she collapsed on the dark floor. I did the same to my father, making the blood flow even more intensely than before.

I turned around, and walked off into the darkness, as I heard their bodies rise again. Their bones cracked and realigned, while I refused to look behind me.

My mother spoke to me, in a scolding tone,
“Why would you do this to us? What did we do wrong? Why must you be a disappointment?”

I shuddered at the questions, for they came from mother’s corpse. Whatever she was now, she wasn’t my mother. I finally gathered enough strength to turn around, and what I saw chilled my bones.

Standing there in front of me, were Twilight and the yellow pegasus from before. Their heads were tilted at an impossible angle, and their manes were bloodied and ripped. I reached for my gun, but found that it was nowhere to be found. I was defenseless against these two ponies. The pegasus muttered incoherently, making me strain to listen. I could barely make out her words,

“We....trusted you. Why did you take her away from us? Was it for yourself? You are a disgrace of a man...”

Twilight spoke, straining each word, “We could have helped you get back home. We could have become....friends...”

As soon as she said that word, I fell on my knees. Why am I going to kill their ruler, their mentor, their friend? Why do I have to follow some demon’s orders? My thoughts wandered about in my head, as the two ponies faded into darkness.


I woke up on a fluffy couch, that smelled of lavender. I had sweat running down my entire body, as I blinked my eyes several times. I went to sit up on my right arm, but I found that my limbs were useless. I was extremely weak, utterly helpless to whoever had me on the couch. I looked for a window, checking to see what time it was, but I couldn't even move my neck. I began to crawl much like a child, slowly and without much care, towards the door, which led towards my freedom.

I was around halfway across the wooden floor, when I noticed Twilight and the yellow pony from before. They calmly were chatting about some things they had gathered that morning. Most of which seemed to be for healing purposes, but for whom? Did they really care for my well-being? After all, I was the one who caused an injury to Twilight's dragon. Despite their calm and collected tones, they seemed off.

Somehow I knew, that these ponies were imposters of some sort. I staggered to my two feet, and pulled out my gun from its holster, and carefully raised it to the door. I fired a shot through the center of the door, as I heard a dull thud from outside. The door blasted open, as the yellow pegasus stared at me. Her scream was loud and fierce, as she dove at me with great speed. This time I didn't hesitate, spinning the gun and placing a careful finger on the trigger, I fired the shot. The sound spread heavily throughout the home and outside, as other ponies gathered to see what was going on.

One gray cross-eyed pony was the first to see the bodies, as she gasped and glanced over at me. The gun was warm within my hands, etching the word murder as each shot I fired made their way into the pegasus. She barely had any time to react, as she fell twenty feet into a creek. The blood the three ponies spilled was not red, but was a deep purple and smelt of burnt hair. The bodies evaporated, leaving no traces behind of their existence. It seemed that the demons did not approve of my lollygagging, and sent three assassins to kill me.

Little did they know, I had quite a ways to go before any simple imposter could kill me. I stood outside in the sunlight, as I stared at the empty shells on the grass. I knew I couldn't stay there in that town, for I feared the demons would target innocent ponies. I left the scene, as sweat began dripping from my brow. I walked for several hours and past the cottage that the yellow pegasus stayed in. I made it into a dark forest, and spotted an empty makeshift hut. It seemed that any place would be better than hanging around in a dark forest, so I walked inside. I immediately sat down in a chair next to a stack of books about potions. I had no interest in such witchcraft, so I paid no mind. I drifted into a deep sleep, faintly hearing a strange voice approaching the door.