• Published 13th Feb 2014
  • 928 Views, 28 Comments

Trixilee (or the shipping of a Magician and a School Teacher) - SparklingVynegar



Trixie and Cheerilee are shipped because fun.

  • ...
6
 28
 928

Chapter 1: The Magicianette

It was a bright and sunny day. Everypony in the little town of ponyville was out enjoying the lovely weather. Some walked on their way to the market, in order to find fresh vegetables. Others made their way to coffeehouses or parks to meet with their friends for a chat. Colts and Fillies ran rampant in nearly anyplace you could think they could be, playing hide-and-seek, bouncing balls, or simply running in circles, filled with energy as they were. One pony, a tan-coated stallion with a strange metal tube in his mouth, was even sprinting full speed through town, no one knew his hurry, or if their was one, he was probably just enjoying the sunny day for all the other ponies knew.

And in a bright red schoolhouse on the edge of the small town, a young, cerise mare was finishing all her preparations to begin the new school-year, which would be starting in a couple weeks. Making sure that every stack of papers had been made perfectly square, checking the chalkboard for any sign of remaining dust from previous use, adjusting the ruler on her desk so it goes at just the right angle. Sure she was slightly obsessive compulsive, but working with colts and fillies her entire life, it was an amazement that that was the only mental disorder she had acquired.

“Finally done,” she sighed to herself. She let all her muscles relax and she began to breath a little easier.

With all her preparations over with, she sat herself down on her haunches in front of her desk. Opening one of the cabinets, she lifted out a large file labeled: Miss Cheerilee’s Elementary Class Student Files. Inside she kept a single paper dedicated to each one of her new students. Each one contained a picture of the filly or colt, a list of any and all medical accommodations that would need to be made, and (Cheerilee’s favorite part) a description of the young pony given by parents, foal sitters, those who had attended pre-school a description was given.

She began to read each and every one, already planning how the seating arrangements would be laid out to guarantee as many new friendships could be made as possible.

“Let’s see…A is for Applebloom,” she said, reading the name of the first student, “hmm, a very energetic and hard worker, great at starting new projects and seeing it through to the end. No cutie mark yet. She sounds very nice, I think right in the front row would be good for her.

“Alright then, moving on…D is for Diamond Tiara. According to her father she’s the sweetest angel. She enjoys playing dressup and loves jewelry. Oh, what’s this? She’s the daughter of Filthy Rich?” Filthy Rich was a very well known entrepreneur who lead his family’s company, Barnyard Bargains, his name was certainly not misleading, “Hmm, maybe she and Applebloom should sit next to each other, the two would probably get along very well and their friendship would show that a pony’s monetary wealth is not as important as their wealth in friendship.”

The pink-maned mare clapped her hooves together and squealed in fillyish delight, “Oh, this is so much fun!”

She continued going through each student, one by one, placing students in each of their individual seats. It was always exciting for her to see each new student and learn about every single one of them. Each one stuck out in a different way. A filly named Silver Spoon, who had already acquired her cutie mark at such a young age. A white unicorn named Sweetie Belle, apparently one for causing mischief and messing up her sister’s beloved work. She worked her into a corner, as to keep a potential troublemaker from the others. And even more interesting, was a filly named Scootaloo.

“But that’s- how does that happen?” the orange pegasus had absolutely no report of behavior or personality, there was a picture of her, a name, and general information, but there was nothing written by a preschool teacher, foalsitter, nor parent, there wasn’t even a phone number, just a scribbled address that was in such poor, scribbly handwriting, she couldn’t make out where the little pony lived.

“A mare of mystery, eh? Well, I guess I should put her with that mischievous unicorn, give her a potential friend.” It seemed wrong gambling on a student's placement like that, but what could be done?

With everypony given a proper seating for optimal friend-making and learning, Cheerilee put the paper file away and walked outside. The midday sun graced her body with a pleasant warmth. She wandered down to a small coffeehouse in the middle of town that made the greatest key lime tarts she had ever tasted.

On her way there, though, she saw a large group of ponies gathered around a giant stage that sat in front of town hall. They were all muttering to themselves. Listening in Cheerilee could hear a conversation between two stallions, (years of teaching had also given her a habit of constant eavesdropping, she would work to stop it, if it wasn’t so helpful with her little ponies).

“Where the hell did this stage come from?”

“Nopony knows. Apparently the Mayor just bumped into it on her way to the office. It just sprouted over-night.”

“Isn’t anyone going to move it?”

“And how do you propose we go about moving it. It’s a giant, freaking STAGE!”

“Well, yeah but still…”

“Still what, D-pad? Still what?”
“Shut up, Bassline, you don’t always have to be right.”

“Yeah, but I am.”

“No you- hey what’s that?”

“Oh, please. I’m not going to fall for that.”

“No, for real, something’s happening with the stage.”

Cheerilee shifted her own attention as fireworks shot up from either side of the wooden stage. Each one exploding in a large, colorful display of red and blue flares. Everypony stared at the display. Young fillies and colts would cheer at each burst, and somewhere, undoubtedly, a foal was crying into her mothers arms, afraid of the noise. Suddenly, a large blue rocket shot from behind the stage. Everypony watched in anticipation, waiting for what they expected was the largest explosion yet, but, as the ball raised, it slowly and slowly lost inertia until…it stopped, completely stopped. But only for a second. Gravity slowly pulled the still-bright rocket right back down to Equestria. Ponies began to panic, the bright blue light began to plummet back down to the stage. Just as it crashed, everypony covered their eyes and braced themselves for the flares to shoot out at them, but it never came.

Instead, a loud bang was heard and smoke flew out in every direction, covering the entire crowd in a thick grey haze. Cheerilee darted her head around, confused, she had lost all orientation. Just as she was ready to start running for her life, a voice from somewhere nearby spoke to the crowd.

“Fillies and gentlecolts, stallions and mares, foals of all ages. Here in Ponyville for the first time, she’s the greatest unicorn who’s ever lived. She can conquer any goal she’s faced with and overcome any challenge. Introducing: The One. The Only. The Great and Powerful Trixie!!”

At the shouting of the name “Trixie” a great white light shone from the stage, seeming to push the smoke out of the townsponies’ eyes. Upon the stage stood a blue mare with a long white mane that had a single, baby blue streak. Upon her head sat a light purple wizard cap, decorated with several iridescent stars of silver and gold. A matching cape was tied around her neck and fastened with a blue gem wrought in gold as a brooch.

“That’s right, Ponyvillians, today the Great and Powerful Trixie presents to you the greatest, most wondrous feats of magic that ponykind has never before seen!”

The crowed had very divided reactions. Some ponies made “ohh”s and “wow”s in sheer amazement. Others felt a mare able to boast to such an extent could surely never work up the ability to prove such statements correct. Cheerilee just stared. She suddenly the heat of the sun having a stronger effect against her, especially her face. She felt trickles of sweat start to form on her forehead and her heart skipped a beat.

“Uh…ma’am?” a creamy white pegasus stallion wearing a long-sleeved, black and white checked shirt and black fedora looked at her, “Are you okay? You look a bit flushed,”

A-am I…? No…suddenly looking for a mirror, the mare ran to a nearby store window, her own faint reflection revealed what she had thought not true. Oh sweet Celestia! I’m blushing! Cheerilee took a few deep breaths in order to calm herself, her heart was racing.

“It’s okay, Cheerilee, It’s okay just calm yourself down. You can go back and watch the magic show, you’ll be fine,” she slowly began to work herself into a courage that would allow her to walk back into the crowd, the same as anypony else.

She was, of course, wrong. Although she did rejoin the group of ponies spectating the magic show, she was unable to pay attention. Watching this amazingly pretty blue mare perform all sorts of magic. Cheerilee simply stood in a daze. The mare had been speaking throughout her entire act, but the school teacher heard nothing, only took in the sight of the magicianette. Suddenly her ears did pick up a certain phrase that, as a teacher, wasn’t foreign to her.

“So, I propose this challenge to you Ponyvillians: anything you can do, I can do better.”

The crowd became angry and started to boo the arrogant unicorn, but Cheerilee, not for the first time that day, was an exception. She placed a hoof to her face and began giggling to herself, trying as hard as she could to contain her mirth.

It was just…so…childish. The fact that a grown mare was acting like a little filly, Cheerilee saw it as just plain hilarious. She watched as one pony after another walked onto the stage and tried to best “The Great and Powerful Trixie”. Each one ended up getting outdone by trixie in one way or another, eventually ending in a very proud and accomplished-looking Trixie, and a very depressed group of friends.

Cheerilee could no longer contain herself as she rolled on her back, hooves folded over as her lungs spasmed in an attempt to breath through her laughter.

“Oh my goodness, oh dear, I simply must speak with this mare.”

So, Cheerilee waited. One by one ponies left the crowd until only a few remained. As the show finally came to a close, trixie stood at the centre of the stage.

“Thank you, one and all, for coming to witness The Great and Powerful Trixie. Now as I’m sure you are all very aware, this is, in fact, how Trixie makes a living, your donations are very much welcome so please feel free,” the showmare threw her hat into the crowd, and threw a small black ball onto the stage floor, a black puff of smoke forming and the mare suddenly vanished. What few ponies remained tossed in a few spare bits each. Cheerilee suddenly felt guilty at not having anything to give to the mare.

Now, cheerilee thought, I wonder where she wandered off to.

Cheerilee walked behind the stage to find a traveler’s wagon parked just outside the stage. Trixie had her head out the front and her face toward two colts.

Wait…those two are my new students, Cheerilee realized, Snips and Snails I believe, one of them a bit slow and the other very excitable if I remember correctly.

“You two henchman, bring Trixie a smoothy with extra hey! Trixie is parched after her last performance.”

“Oh, sure thing Trixie, we’ll be right back,” Snips replied.

“Yeah…right back,” the two colts bowed and then ran off to find Trixie her drink.

Now’s my chance I suppose.

Cheerilee approached the wagon and spoke up.

“Excuse me, Ms. Trixie,”

Cheerilee heard the unicorn gasp in astonishment, “You shall refer to Trixie as ‘The Great and Powerful Trixie’, you impudent peasant.”

“So, you know, definitely not, like a god complex or anything,” Cheerilee spoke in perfect deadpan.

“Wh- Ah- Trixie does not have a ‘complex’ of any sort. Trixie is the most powerful unicorn in the world,”

“Yup, not a god complex at all.”

“Hmph,” Trixie looked at her unwelcome guest, “If you are only here to insault Trixie, then she must ask you to leave her presence, she is a very busy pony,”

“Busy with what exactly,”

“Busy resetting all of Trixie’s props! Do you have any idea how long it takes for Trixie to put all those tricks into action?”

“Ah, so it wasn’t real magic, then? Interesting, I thought that was all your’s. Where’s your great power now Trixie,”

“Oh, please,” Trixie smiled smugly, “Trixie could perform all the tricks she presents with just her magic, but the props and illusion’s are easier and cause Trixie much less stress.”

“Yep no complex at all.”

“Well that out of the way, why are you here?”

“Oh, well, I didn’t have any bits so I just wanted to personally say to you how much I enjoyed your performance. But I must say, that ego of yours is something for concern.”

“Trixie is only as proud of herself as she rightfully deserves.”

“Then why do you act so much better than everypony, are you more deserving for the fame and adoration than everypony else in equestria?”

“Trixie does not think herself better than anyone else, she is simply the greatest unicorn. You can be the greatest, I don’t know…what is it that you do?”

“I’m a School teacher,” Cheerilee said proudly, “But no matter how good I am, that doesn’t mean that I’m better than anyone else in the business.”

“Well Trixie doesn’t think she is better than anypony else in the form of actual personality.”

“Yes because everypony else also claims how great and powerful they are and constantly boasts about their own prowess and speaks in the third person.”

“Trixie does not speak in the third-person!”

“Mm-hmm, never thought why I would assume such. Well I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your show, you remind me of my students. You act just like a little school filly. How exactly is it that you were able to remain so immature?”

“Trixie does not need to speak to you any more. Begon from her…uh,”

“Never even asked, eh?” Cheerilee felt very proud of herself, it definitely helped that she was completely right, “My name is Cheerilee.”

“Be gone from Trixie’s presence Cheerilee, Teacher of Foals.”

Cheerilee left, her heart racing in her chest. Why on earth was she so nervous around Trixie, at least she was able to appear calm, but still…

Cheerilee shook her head. “It doesn’t matter anyway, I probably won’t even talk to her ever again.”

She was, of course, wrong.

Author's Note:

If you see anything wrong with grammar, spelling, or whatever, don't be afraid to say, your criticism is all I crave. Danke!

-E