• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 817 Views, 11 Comments

Talvo's Fleet - DarthMalentai

  • ...
7
 11
 817

Chapter 5

-Talvo-

Looking over the reports received, Talvo wasn’t surprised that the readings were natural to an M-Class planet, and that there was life here. Talvo couldn’t get out of his head the recording from that pilot’s video cam.

“How the hell are there people with wings?” Talvo mumbled. The creatures looked human enough, given that they had wings, but that there was one who had been in direct line with the pilot’s view…just standing there.

*Doorbell*

“Come in,” Talvo spoke, still looking at the tall, multicolored being that was on the datapad in front of him. Looking up as the door slid open stood Lana.

“Sir?” A crewman asked.

“Yes, Ensign?” Talvo asked, looking up at the ensign out of curiosity.

“I have a question to ask you...” Her voice trailed off.

Silence for a few minutes while the ensign looked at her feet, and twiddling her thumbs.

“Well..?” Talvo drawed out slowly, waiting for the question that was going to hopefully arrive with in his lifetime.

“It’s about…” She sighs, pulling herself together. “It’s about what the Whisky group got caught in.”

“What of it? They got to close and the local populace reacted. Any civilization that has never encountered us would have done the same exact thing. Remember that Insectoid race on Ramalahv 4?” The crewman nodded. “They were probably the only other race to actually grab our fighters and be able to keep it stationary for more than a few seconds.”

“Sir, If I may say, that was because of those super strong web structures, and the amount of traps that they had. They would have stopped any of our ships.” The ensign stated.

“True but remember the result after they killed Gamma squadron?” The crewman nodded again, paling at the memory. “They never touched another one of our ships. The problem solved and the natives never see us again. Win-Win in my opinion.” Talvo said, shrugging at the end.

“So…” He started again. “What are we going to do this time?”

“Simple, Mrs.…?

“Ensign Mellacks, Sir.”

“Simple, Mellacks, I will go down with a retinue, meet this being,” Pointing to the being standing alone on the balcony like structure. “And clear up anything…Hopefully we won’t need to use translators because I want this to be easy. Almost losing a ship as old as the Belmont, or Tanner would be detrimental to the moral of the fleet,” Talvo finished, a wisp of a grin appearing. “And if all goes to plan then we can set up something and wait for a message from Starfleet to tell us what to do.”

“About the last part, sir..” Mellacks looked away. “Our scout groups went out to the nearest stars… Nothing, and I mean nothing matches to our last starcharts. Our position should have put us near the Klingon border but there hasn’t been any chatter from them or…” She looked lost.

“What do you mean?” Talvo looked uneasy about what the she said, If this was true then.. ‘No do not think that. There is always a possibility that we just miss-jumped and ended up farther than we meant to be.’

“None of the nearer stars have anything, and there have only been desolate worlds. Where ever we popped up… isn’t where we have ever been before.” Mellacks said, twirling her fingers over each other.

Silence reigned again but for a much longer time. Mellacks standing there, nervous as anyone could be with a captain, let alone a Grand Admiral, who had all but stopped breathing. Then Talvo stood straight up, running one hand through his near white hair, breathed out.

“So…” Talvo finally said. “We have gone farther than anyone has ever gone before.”

“I-It appears so, Admiral,” Mellacks said, hoping that his anger wouldn’t flare up.

Talvo looked to her, noticing for the first time how scared the girl looked. Taking that in, he looked around his office, all the medals he had won, all the models of previous ships he had commanded, even the size of this room seemed to shrink in on him.

“We’re lost in space with probably no way home…” Talvo mutters, a smile really showing across his worn features. “If there is anything I had ever wanted to do, it’s definitely not being stranded in a different quadrent. Who knows if we will, or can, make it back to Earth.” Talvo looked…defeated for once; the situation coming to bear full brunt.

“What are we going to do, Sir? I mean, if I might ask?” Mellacks said.

“Mellacks,” Talvo said. “You just asked the million credit question, but I already had that idea, remember?” Mellacks nodded, blushing. “Don’t be timid, think of it this way. If we seem to be out of touch all together, we could make another Starfleet. Build from the ground up, and then work from there. Hell, maybe we will make contact with the original Starfleet someday.” Talvo had a face that could be described as someone who had plans, schemes, fail-safes and back-up plans made already in his head.

“Uh..Sir?” Mellacks asked, confused by the growing goofy smile on Talvo’s face. “You ok? Want me to get you something?”

“Yes, you can get me something,” Talvo looked to her, and at that he walked towards her. “You can get me the captain’s ass from the Tanner here now.” He walked passed her, opened the door, and walked out.

“Y-Yes, Sir.” Mellacks said following him.

“Comms, Get me the flight captains. We are having a meeting in three days time. Security, get my men ready. Mellacks…” Talvo looked over to Mellacks with a glint in his eye.

“Yes?” Mellacks said, not completely trusting the look in his eyes.

“Besides getting that crazy man, I want you to come with me down to the planet.” Talvo stated. Mellacks eyes grew wide at that. She had dreams of going with the Grand Admiral and his rumoured Death Squad. Mellacks almost feinted from the though of seeing most elite troupe in action. Talvo must have seen the look of near fangirl-esque delight in her eyes, and chuckled. “You going to stand there, or are you going to go get your gear and get ready?”

Mellacks nodded her head quickly, and ran with all her might out of the bridge. Talvo always thought that recruits were cute but some of them were just so adorable when they hear they are going with him and his squad on some away mission. Chuckling to himself, Talvo turned back to his console, pressing buttons to get a few notifications dealt with, then looked up.

“Comms, get me the expeditionary force, and tell them I am meeting them and I want them to follow. We are going to have a nice chat with a certain lady.” Talvo looked at the picture again. Wonder filled his eyes as he saw a being who looked too perfect to be true. “Helm, take us towards the planet. OH! Comms, Tell the rest of the fleet to stay put.” Talvo received ‘Yes, Sirs’. Looking back to the picture he wondered how his fleet has affected these people already.

-U.S.S. Jennings-

“Ma’am, we are getting a message from the Bismarck,” Mr. Fink stated, puzzled slightly as to the timing. The expeditionary force was just leaving the upper atmosphere.

“Put him up.” Grey said. The screen flickered before the image suddenly switched to that of Talvo, who wore possibly one of the weirdest smiles possible. “Yes, Sir?”

“I just wanted to say something to you before you get too far,” Talvo said, still smiling. ‘That smile is starting to scare me.’ Grey thought.

“That being, Sir?” Grey asked.

"What do you think about starting up a branch of the Federation out here?” Talvo said, a glint in his eye and that smile only got wider.