• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 817 Views, 11 Comments

Talvo's Fleet - DarthMalentai

  • ...
7
 11
 817

Chapter 4

-Lana’s Shuttle-

Sensors behind them detected what appeared to be debris.

“This is Whisky Lead, calling U.S.S. Jennings…” Lana told into the comms device. “What the hell is behind us?”

No response.

“This is Whisky Lead, Jennings are you there?” Lana, now getting worried looked to the crew with her. Just a few scrawny teenagers and a semi-muscular men accompanied her in this shuttle.

“What is it, Ma’am?” The newest of the recruits asked, fear evident in his voice.

“I can’t raise the Jennings,” Lana said, not surprised that the communications decide to conk out on her. “I have a bad feeling about this.”

‘If we can’t raise them then…’ Lana looked to her sensors and saw her three fighter escort.

“Hey, flyboys, could one of you kindly go ask what the fuck just fell behind us..” At that moment the sensors went crazy.

-External-

Flying in a diamond with Whisky Lead in front, the Belmont falling a few dozen feet behind the shuttle. The Belmont fell quickly and took out the rearmost fighter. This was that pilots first ever sortie since the previous battle.

-Internal-

The sensors showed the huge object and then only two others besides herself within 50 yeards.

“We just lost Whisky four.” Lana said awestruck. She had never had someone not under her control initially die off so suddenly.

Raising up the comms, she said, “What the fuck was that!” (Ok maybe yelled is more of the word).

“Apparently one of the escorts lost the ability to fly but how…my sensors didn’t register any weapons fire,” Whisky two said, confused.

“Well whichever Miranda it is, that captain is getting their ass handed to them after this,” Lana growled. The recruits cowered together in their corner while the only other person smiled.

“This is Whisky Lead to all other expeditionary forces, group up we are heading to see who the fuck just fell behind us.” Lana ordered. A few pings came in.

“Lana, are you sure?” The voice of Tal came across the speakers.

“Yes I am sure. If that ship crashes then we need to make sure if anyone survived.” Lana said, slowly getting more irritated.

“Lana, from how fast that ship fell, there won’t be any survivors at all,” Tal said, sympathetic. “Just..Let it go.”

Silence reigned in the shuttles and over the comms traffic.

“This is the Jennings. Anyone down there?” A man’s voice came through.

“Yea… we lost a fighter. Did you fall through?” Tal’s voice responded.

“Negative, the Belmont fell through. We were wondering if there was any way to spare a few people to go check on them?” the man said, dread evident in his voice.

“I’ll check,” Tal said. Lana looked off to her right and saw one of the other formations slow and descend going the way they had come, then following the path that the Belmont had taken.

Minutes passed as the expeditionary force slowly flew through the air, descending slowly. Time seemed to extend for a while as they waited with bated breath. The fear of having lost a ship already was heavy on everyone’s mind.

“Uh…Everyone?” Tal’s voice came through…confused? ‘Well that’s new.’ Lana thought.

“Yes, Omega Lead?” The Jennings asked.

“She’s still flying,” Tal’s voice was so quiet that the response was barely audible.

“C-could you repeat that?” The Jennings asked again, disbelief evident.

“Can you stop debating whether we died or not?” A new voice broke through. “I mean the worries are nice, and all but isn’t one of the mottos of the fleet ‘Fuck reality’ or something like that?” This brought laughter and some background celebration.

“Belmont, What is your current status?” The Jennings asked.

“Well… we lost our right nacelle, captain is knocked out and in the brig, my coffee has spilled, and all our marbles are still together, so all in all… Does anyone have a spare nacelle?” More laughter.

“So if anything, we need to now protect the Belmont’s ass?” one of the other pilots piped up.

“No,” the Jennings called. “We are bringing the fleet down to assist in recovery and repairs before anything else.”

-Celestia - 5 minutes later-

Looking out towards Ponyville, and to that of the giant object, Celestia noticed smaller glints break through the clouds. Then out of nowhere, thirteen large and one massive breaks in the clouds revealed the rest of the vessels that were coming to the planet. She stood there, astounded at their size and what could possibly be in them but at the same time wanted them to be gone. As she staired gaping at what she saw, the doors to her room burst open.

“Princess, we need to get a defense put together.” One of the Guard Lieutenants said.

“…” Celestia stared speechless still at she saw. The guards moved to her sides.

“Princess, We mus…t in……cist…”The guards looked at where she was looking and had the same reaction.

-Whisky Lead-

“Hey does anyone else see that structure on the side of that mountain?” Lana said. Pings of confirmation plus a few ‘affirmatives’ from those in the shuttle with her.

“Whisky Lead, You have permission to go check it out but keep comms open if you are going to do anything.” A different man said.

“Who’s this?” Lana asked.

“This is Vice Admiral Bryce, Captain of the U.S.S. Tanner. Just let us know if you find anything,” Bryce said.

“Affirmative, Sir.” Lana said.

-4 minutes later-

“This place sure is nice looking,” Lana said, banking again over the main area of what appeared to be a deserted city.

“Can we hurry this up? I have a bad feeling abo-”the comms cut off as Whisky Three was pulled towards one of the towers.

As Whisky Three got close, a swarm of figures burst from behind the walls.

“Whiskey Three, GET OUT OF THERE!” Lana shouted but got no response as she saw Whisky Three get dragged down by the swarm and whatever had him.

“Whisky Two here,” A female voice popped up. “Permission to fire warning shot at possible bogeys?”

“No, let me do that,” Lana said. Pressing a combination of buttons, Lana fired a phaser shot close to the large horde of mysterious beings. The sound must have done it because Whisky Three flew the hell out of his predicament.

“Thanks for that,” A young masculine voice shot out.

“Did you see what they look like?” Lana asked.

“But don-”the boy started.

“Did you see what they look like?” Lana repeated.

Silence came from the boy.

“Tell me what you saw or you are meeting ‘Cindy,” Lana said darkly.

“They…They…” The boy barely got out.

“YES?!” Lana all but screamed, really itching to just fire the phaser at the boy.

“They looked like us. Different and taller but still…” The boy blurted out.

“Jennings here, Private… Are you meaning to say that they are humanoid,” The man said, skeptically.

“I know what I saw, Sir.” The boy said, barely suppressing irritation.

“Well-”The man started.

“This is Vice Admiral Bryce, All ships reform and prepare to head back to the fleet,” The old man’s stern voice came through. Lana could see that the Miranda, Belmont, had disappeared.

-Celestia-

Grabbing one of those floating platforms might not have been such a good idea. The one was caught in Celestia's magical field had been a struggle as it had tried to put strength into...whatever made it go. When that more bulky object fired it’s…light beam had left a mark on one of the walls. The noise it let off was definitely something disturbing like the sound of something being tortured at a much higher octave than could be natural.

Turning back to where those platforms had probably come from, Celestia noticed that the ships had started to ascend. ‘Let’s hope that nothing bad comes of this. We may have accidentally started a war.’ Celestia thought, dread freely expressed on her face as she started to tremble slightly.