• Published 20th Oct 2011
  • 3,428 Views, 6 Comments

My Name is Nightblade. - Zyggy



My name is Nightblade, I'm a unicorn. I moved to Ponyville, and this is my story of that time.

  • ...
 6
 3,428

A Description of Myself.

My name is Nightblade, given due to how I was born at night, my darker coloration, and my abnormally sharp horn. My coat is a dark blue and cover in soft, water like cyan splotches. These splotches somewhat solidify at my mouth, causing it to be cyan instead of dark blue. My mane runs sharp and straight, its primary color being black, and the secondary being an orange; my tail is the same way, but the primary and secondary are reversed. My eyes are odd, red with cat pupils and strange lines going from my pupils across my irises. The ears usually just let gravity take control.

My apparel consists of black glasses (due to blurry vision), a black jacket with pockets, black shirt & pants combo with rolled up sleeves, an odd black cape with a neck frill, a blue watch on my front left leg, and two black bands for both my back legs.

I suffer from slightly blurry vision (gets to be a problem past two or three yards), allergies every season but winter (really annoying with the frequent sneezing), a fear of the dark, pitch sensitive ears, and light sensitive eyes. It is really not fun.

Worse still, I am tormented by sudden sepia style flashbacks whenever I think about something that relates to terrible times in my life. This leaves me in little control of myself and saying exactly what I see. Fortunately this is suppressed by meds, but they sometimes don’t work or I forget to take them. Again, another good thing is I get a good ten second-ish heads up about it, because my vision slowly turns sepia.

As a young colt, I had a happy life in Manehattan. I lived in a great neighborhood, with great parents and an older brother. The only thing bad was that I had no friends other than my sibling. Then came the fire. Before you ask, no my love of fire was not the cause of that. It was a freak accident, and all I can remember is that my parents were throwing me out the window into the grasp of the firefighters, and it slammed shut on them. They were burned alive, and their charred bodies were buried nearby. My brother was never found.

Soon after the funeral for them I was sent to Canterlot to learn magic and possibly find parents. I was terrible at all spells other than making small fires, and using telekinesis. I was failing most of my classes, and on the test to see if I would stay or not, all the built up stress and anger just released itself. Although I passed with flying colors and quickly began to get straight A after A, that cost me a bit of my sanity and started the flashbacks.

I was adopted after three years of waiting, and taken far away over night (via teleportation) to some unknown land. I grew up with only my adoptee parents, myself, and one other family nearby.

Eventually, I hit the age of eighteen and set out from home. I went from town to town, city to city, making my way back to Canterlot. It took three years.

I decided to settle down in the town of Ponyville, and this is my story of that time, Doc.