• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 456 Views, 8 Comments

My Little Hoof-Blood #1: The Shattered Armor - Crystal_Clear123456



This is a Percy Jackson and MLP crossover story! Three fillies discover that they are hoof-bloods, and they go on a quest to save Equestria from one of the most feared creatures - the Changelings.

  • ...
4
 8
 456

Iron Blade

I was frozen in fear. What were Changelings doing on the Friendship Express train? They were supposed to be in the desert right now, after Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor drove them out. How did they escape and come back?

All of the ponies were scrunched up against one corner of the train car. The Changelings were advancing on them. We were defenseless. I wished that I had a sword with me to fight the Changelings off, but I had none.

Suddenly, there was a clink! I looked down to see a small coin of some sort with a picture of a shield with a six-pointed star on it. I flipped it, and in midair the coin turned into a gleaming iron sword.

Well, I thought, Now I really do have a sword to fight with! I slashed at the Changelings, evaporating them into dust.

Spectra and Cupcake had coins as well, except that Spectra's coin had a rainbow lightning bolt on it, and Cupcake's had three party balloons on it. But they both turned into swords.

The three of us fought the Changelings with such strength that we didn't know what's going on. My instincts just told me - swing, slash, dodge, jump, deflect, stab.

The Changelings were evaporating into dust very quickly. Soon, there was only a pile of monster dust all over the train car. The other students were still hiding underneath the train seats and crouched in the corners. Silver Lane was standing in the center of the train car. I didn't get why she wasn't cowering like the other students. I pressed the shield logo on my sword and it turned back into a coin.

Cupcake was going crazy. "What was that? By Celestia's mane, what was that? Aaaaaaaah!" Cupcake started to bounce around, scared.

Nopony spoke a word as the train stopped at the station by the Crystal Empire. Silver trotted out, followed by the class. "Come on, class! We're here!" The students seemed to forget about the Changeling attack as they gasped in wonder at the giant crystal tower. Underneath the tower was a glowing heart-shaped crystal that the crystal ponies called "The Crystal Heart".

"Come on in, Princess Cadence is expecting us," Silver said, trotting into the castle.

Spectra's eyes widened. "Omigosh, we're going to see the princess!" she squealed and zipped around. I sighed.

"Calm yourself, Spectra," I said, walking into the castle.

All three of us gasped. We were in a giant dome-roofed room with little crystals sprouting up everywhere. The support pillars were made out of crystals, the furniture... everything.

Silver Lane nodded to all of us. "Up this way, class," she said, trotting up a staircase. We followed her up into the castle until we reached a set of wooden doors with iron handles. A unicorn royal guard walked up to them and used his unicorn magic to pull open the doors.

I didn't know what the throne room looked like, and what I saw was amazing. At the back of the room were a few stairs that led to a giant crystal throne. On the throne was a pink Alicorn with purple wing tips, a purple, yellow, and pink curly mane and tail, purple eyes, a little golden crown, and a cutie mark of the Crystal Heart surrounded by golden vines.

But the weird thing was that Prince Shining Armor wasn't here. He's usually with Princess Cadence, since the two were husband and wife. Where could he be?

Silver Lane bowed. "Princess Cadence," she said. We all followed her example.

Princess Cadence laughed. "There's no need for that," she said, "You may rise." All of us rose.

One of our classmates, Rose Blossom, spoke up. "So you're the crystal princess?" she asked in amazement.

Cadence smiled. "Yes, dear, that's right," she said, "And I've got many tales to tell you about the history of the Crystal Empire."

So all the students gathered around Princess Cadence and listened to her stories. Cupcake, Spectra and I sat at the back, talking about the "incident" at the Friendship Express.

"How did the Changelings end up there?" I whispered, "And where did we get these coin-swords?" I pulled mine out.

Spectra shrugged. "I have no idea," she whispered back, "And did you guys realize that Prince Shining Armor is missing?"

Cupcake nodded. "Yeah, I wonder where he went," she looked around. "Doesn't seem like he's hiding somewhere. Where could he be?"

I shook my head. "How am I supposed to know? All we know that he's not here."

Suddenly, I heard the sound of hoofsteps behind me. We froze. Silver Lane was walking towards us with an expressionless face. I groaned softly. We're caught.

Silver bent her head down towards us and whispered, "You three, come with me." She stood up and walked away, checking over her shoulder every now and then.

My ears drooped. "Oh no. We're in trouble," I muttered to my friends as we followed Silver.

Silver led us out of the throne room and into another room in the hallway. Then she closed the door.

Not facing her, Spectra said sarcastically, "Alright, Mrs. Lane, are we in trouble?"

Silver shook her head. "No, not at all. I just overheard your conversation and thought that you'd be somepony special..." she said. She closed her eyes and stood still.

Suddenly, an unexsisting breeze swept through the room, making Silver's mane flow. Then, from her sides grew feathery wings. On her head sprouted a unicorn's horn. Silver's silvery mane grew brighter and brighter until we had to shield the light from our eyes with our hooves.

When the light died, we moved our hooves from our eyes, and we all gasped. Standing in front of us wasn't the earth pony who was our teacher. There was a tall, light gray pony with a silvery mane and tail that flowed all the way to her knees. And the thing about this pony was that she was...

An Alicorn.