• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 1,475 Views, 8 Comments

Sonata of Sunset - ebilly99



Sunset shimmer and spike train to be the next bearers of the elements of harmony while the world crashes down around them.

  • ...
6
 8
 1,475

After the Dawn Pt Two

The victory was short lived as the sound of a thousand horses marched forward, Dark crystal roads form there way over the deep valleys that protected the castle. A dark voice boomed through the now dark skies. “Princess Celestia, surrender to the one true king of Equestria.” The voice takes from, marching through his ranks. “I know you planned to destroy me, but a little bird told me about your little skit with your sister.” The voice echos through the night. “Show yourself, former princess. I will have mercy on your servants, and you would make a fine little slave.” He licks his lips in pleasure at the idea.

“Celestia, please you are too weak.” Twilight begs, but her mentor ignores her pleas, this was her kingdom, she had to defend it. Her wings spread in majestic glory, she hides the pain as she raises up through the basement and back her castle. Shaking off the weak and tattered muscles she forces magic from her horn and bashes the door off it's hinges and through a wave of guards. Her hooves dig deep into the flooring before charging, kicking up tiles as she slammed through the enemy soldiers. Her power overwhelming them, many chose to break formation and run for there lives.

Many but not all. Celestia's stamina ebbing, she could not show it. Deep down she knew her limit was fast approaching but it didn't matter. Sombra's dark guards confronted her, there black steel hide any weakness. Not waiting they engaged her on either side. Blocking one only left her open to the other as he sliced deep into her wing. The spear stuck, both damaging the alicorn but also depriving the guard of a weapon. An opening, she slammed her horn deep into him, penetrating his weaker armor. Staring in shock, she is stunned long enough for the other guard to slice into her other wing. Hurt more, she forgets the dread of killing another. All her love gone, she slices deep into his chest, her horn now tinted red. She soon faced the demon horse, his evil eyes peered into her soul. “Is this the Alicorn of the sun, but you are alone. The sun may destroy the moon, but the shadows will rule the land.” He laughs and stamps his hoof down, creating a tidal wave of crystals, himself on the tallest crystal. As they tear through the ground, his own troops shattered by the energy. “Fight me and face oblivion. Show the world that you are willing to die for your ponies.” As he talks crystal stairs form around his mountain.

The alicorn stepped up slowly up the crystal steps to the battlefield. “Do not think you have won.” She bluffed trying to buy time. Her panting gave way to her exhaustion, “When I win, I will make sure no shadows every crawl there way back to equestria. I will never allow any darkness to grow.” The pain of her sisters betrayal still fresh on her heavy heart. “You will wish to crawl back into the shadows from where you crawled out of”

Twilight rushes out, seeing Celestia slam through the forces. “Wait no this isn't right… You were supposed to fight with Luna.” History was changing to fast, a simple change had allowed all the forces of evil to rule, what would happen when something this big changed. “I may change all of history but I have to help.” She flares out her wings and rushes to help her teacher.

Sombra looks up and sees the purple pony flying to the rescue. “Blitzwing, Aryanna, keep her off of me.” He roars. The two white armored ponies rocket up, Aryanna slamming into Twilight while Blitz flies in close, making sure Twilight has problems opening her wing.

Spike jumps off twi's back and covers Blitz's eyes forcing him off the purple pony. Twilight then teleports just in time to snatch spike before he hits the ground. “Twilight we aren't built for fighting.” He hold on to her tight. “Watch out!” He pulls back on the alicorns wings causing her to pull back just in time to miss Aryanna's spear. “We need to down this girl before we both end up a pony and dragon kabob”

Twilight manages to dodge just in time for Aryanna to slam the back of her spear against the princess's head. “You're telling me Spike,” Her horn glows and she grabs the pure white pony in a purple bubble. “I know you aren't in your right mind but this ends now” She slams Aryanna down hard on the ground below stunning her.

“Celestia hold o...” Twilight looks over in shock as her mentor is collapsed at the dark ponies hooves. He looks up at the other alicorn and smiles. “Serve me and you won't face the same fate.” He plunges a dagger deep into the side of Celestia. “Even immortal ponies should fear the shadows between life a death, for that is the place where all things can wither.” He roars in victory, but the roar is short lived as Twilight gathers energy and blast all of her energy at him, knocking him from his crystal throne. “Celestia.” Twilight fly’s to her mentor and checks her vitals. “Spike get her back to the castle.” She orders and collapses herself.

“Such an upstart little unicorn, even gave yourself..” He pauses looking over the wings. “Oh you are a Alicorn as well. That would explain why I felt that.” He winces and slowly rises up to fight her. “I did not even feel that energy from your Princess, it will be a shame that you will have to fall as well.”

Twilight feels the energy from her element, from all the elements flood her body. “No it won't let you, it won't let your energy rule the world.” The elements fly from Celestia and rush around Twilight.
“The elements of Harmony know this isn't the true timeline, but there is hope for Harmony to exist here.” She speaks as though the elements are talking through her. “And when I leave new harmony will continue” Loyalty and Honesty slam into Sombra before returning to Twilight. “The elements will always find a way” Laughter and kindness glow first, followed by Magic and Generosity and finally Loyalty and Honesty. “And the light will always overcome the shadows” A rainbow beam slams into Sombra turning his body into a crystal.

Finally defeating the shadows the balls become inert, Twilight collapses and looks up, the portal once again opening up. “Not again, come spike” She flutters weakly and grabs him before returning back through time.