• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 1,475 Views, 8 Comments

Sonata of Sunset - ebilly99



Sunset shimmer and spike train to be the next bearers of the elements of harmony while the world crashes down around them.

  • ...
6
 8
 1,475

Before the Dawn Pt one

Starlight blocked another attack from the princess of friendship, though the alicorn weakened so did her own, she hated to admit it but soon her magical reserves would be depleted. "Give up Twilight, I.... I can't accept that a cutie mark should define a pony." She rolls avoiding a attack before countering. "It's your fault, you took my friends away!" She screamed returning the blast.

"I never took your friends." Twilight screamed back as the beam sliced into her mane, "Those were never your friends you forced them to be something they never wanted to be, and your little filly friend chose a better life. You might as well blame Celestia for having a magical classroom" she jeered but her face went pale seeing Starlight's face. "Starlight no, you can't" her voice cracks as the unicorn opens up a portal to the past.

"You are right Twilight, I have been treating you with hatred but you were not to blame. Only one pony should be punished, and by doing so I will have my friend once more." The sound of her laughter echos through Cloudsdale as she flies through the air into the portal. "Goodbye Twilight, soon we will both have what we deserve." the voice silenced as she is transported through time to the distant past.

"Not again." Twilight sighs as she flies through the portal following the pink horse. Slamming down into the ground she finds herself in the Castle of the Two Sisters. "Starlight just what are you planning" she whispers as she searches through the labyrinth. Down a long deserted hall she finds a light. The large room glimmers through the cracks of the majestic Oak doors. The light showing a clue that she can't overlook. Peeking through the door, Luna was there alone… wait no there was somepony else. “Starlight” She whispers looking over at the shadowy pony.

“Oh yes Luna, I do want to help you if I can, Sombra must be taken do...” She is interupted as Twilight blast through the doors, blasting her hard even with her shield up. “You will not defeat Celestia you evil monster.” She roars, then is frozen at the face Starlight gives, of victory then looks in fear as Luna steps forward to protect Starlight. “My princess, I… I didn't know she was listening, She must be a spy from your sister.” She smiles at the princess of friendship. “Does your sister fear you so much she must send in spies”

“DOES THOU? ” She asks Twilight, her eyes starting to glow, “SISTER FOR TO LONG HATH FEARED ME, BUT IF SHE WANTS A MONSTER WE SHALL SUPPLY HER A MONSTER!?!?” She roars as dark magic engulfs her.

“Luna no you can't, you aren't this monster.” Twilight reaches for her and Luna looks up at the alicorn, “Luna is gone, there is only the night and the Nightmare Moon.” Twilight tries to shoot a Containment spell only to be pushed out the window from the castle and to the other side of everfree forest crashing down hard into the Apple farms barn. She shakes the cobwebs free, hoping to get back up. "I sure hope this doesn't change history." Gathering the last of her energy her wings shoot her off the ground. "Got to help Celestia, wings don't fail me now." Spike hangs on tight at the princess flaps her wings as fast as she can, trying to get back in time.

Nightmare Moon walks into the Royal throne room, her horn glowing as she forces the moon at the peak of the sky. "Celestia, it is time we talked." She smirks blasting her sister to the ground. "Today you will know what if feels like to be the lesser sister." She blast Celestia again, knocking her tiara off her head. "This crown you used to wear, it's a joke." She smashes her hoof against it, smashing the crown like so many pieces of frozen grass. "Now to end your reign as well." Her horn charges up, bringing the moon closer to capture the sister of the sun.

"NO YOU DON'T" Twilight slams into her hard, blasting a beam into the dark sister and smashing her to the ground. "Celestia are you all right" The alicorn of friendship runs to her and helps her back to her hooves. "I... I am so sorry" She stares as Nightmare Moon raises up.

"Surrender Celestia, you can not defeat me, and what chance do you have against Sombra." The former Luna laughs slamming them both through the palace floor down to the Elements. "Oh this is perfect, the power of the elements along with the power of the shadows will make me unstoppable." Her horn glows trying to absorb the power of harmony, she soon grows frustrated. "The magic is drained." She slams her hoof knocking them off there perch.

Twilight lifts them off the floor, helping Celestia up her horn rotates the spheres around the two, "Your magic is tainted Luna, and I am sorry" She looks down and Celestia. "I am sorry but I know this is how it will end." She gives a weak smile. "But I promise someday we will save her and you can have your sister back" She holds her former sisters hoof and the power of the elements flow through the two Alicorn's body.

"I am sorry sister." Celestia feels a tear fall on her check as the magic hits her sister, "I will never forget you Luna." She feels her sisters pain as the magic forces her into the moon. "It's over, I don't know who you are my friend but thank you." Her voice does not sound like she was thankful, but more of regret and sadness.

Author's Note:

Decided to add a new opener to help explain why this universe is different.