• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 1,374 Views, 27 Comments

Portals Are Sometimes Fun - Delta



Justin get sent to Equestria through a portal created by Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
5
 27
 1,374

Chapter 4

I woke up this morning, yawning, stretching, and the nice feeling of my back cracking. I looked at the clock on the wall, Hmmm, 9 o' clock. I never woke up this early on my own before. I smelled something out of nowhere. It seemed like it came from the kitchen. I walked over to it to see what it was. I opened the door and it was Spike. He was wearing a chef's hat and apron, standing on a stool, cooking something on the stove. "Good morning, Spike." Spike jumped in surprise.

"Oh, It's you. You scared me a little." He said, holding his chest.

"Sorry about that, I just smelled the food and it smells delicious."

"Thanks, it's pancakes."

I walked over to the stove to see the pancakes, sizzling in the pan. "Do you want me to get the syrup?"

"Yes, please. It's in the pantry, over there." He pointed to the wall, next to the hallway. I walked towards it and opened the door. To my surprise, I noticed all of the contents are in ABC order. I looked around and found 'S' and grabbed the syrup and placed it on the table.

"Where are the plates?" Without a word, Spike pointed to his right, next to the fridge. I opened the cabinet and grabbed three plates. I set them all at the table, where we all ate from last night. "And where are the drinks." Again, he pointed toward the fridge, except this time, a little to the right of the cabinet of plates. I grabbed 3 cups and set those at the table. walked towards the fridge and looked to see what they had to drink. Apple Juice, Orange Juice, Grape Juice, Carrot Juice, and Tea......... Oh my god, they have Tea. I grabbed the tea and poured me some. "What do you want to drink, Spike?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, Orange Juice, please. And I think Twilight would like some Carrot Juice." I poured them both drinks and sat at my seat, waiting for the pancakes to be done. In silence........




**********************************************************************************************************



Twilight was in her room, sleeping. She awoke with a stir and got up to brush her hair. She was looking in the mirror while brushing. Pinkie Pie appeared in the mirror, and startled Twilight. "Ahh!" She fell back and Pinkie caught her with her two front hooves. Pinkie! Why are you in my ro-" Pinkie stuck her hoof in Twilight's mouth to keep her quiet.

"Shhhhhhhh. I'm inviting you to Justin's, 'Welcome to Ponyville' surprise party. I need you to show him around town, until we can get things all set up. And I need you to invite the others without Justin knowing. Don't worry about Rainbow Dash, though, I'm having her help out with hanging the decorations " Twilight nodded. "Good. See you at the party." With that, Pinkie jumped out of Twilight's window. Twilight walked towards the window and shut it. She walked to her bedroom door and went downstairs to get herself some breakfast.




**********************************************************************************************************



I was sitting and waiting for the pancakes for what seemed like hours. Twilight walked into the kitchen, tired and with bags on her eyes. She looked really tired and worn out. Like she had just ran a marathon, or something. "Jeez Twilight, did you get any sleep last night?"

"Not really, I stayed up studying up on some more magic." I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Wait, you can do magic? How so?"

"Well, only Unicorns can only do magic, hence the horn, and we learn magic through books, hoping to recreate other magic tricks famous mares and stallions have done."

"Huh. I thought those were just for fighting."

"That, too. But we prefer our magic. Plus, we ponies are a peaceful species. Unless if something harms us first, then we harm them back."

"Well, you ponies don't have to worry about me harming any of you. I'm a pacifist, or a paci-hoof, or however that word is pronounced here." After that, Spike came over and gave us each 3 pancakes. He set his chef's hat and apron on the counter and joined us at the table. Twilight told me story after story about famous Unicorns, mostly Starswirl the Bearded. I interrupted her to ask her what those markings were on her backside. She said they are called 'Cutie Marks'. I told her how on my world, we have a similar thing, but called tattoos. We all finished up our pancakes, and I volunteered to put up the plates again. After I cleaned up the dishes, I walked into the circular library with Twilight and Spike. "Hey Twilight. Do you have a brush I can borrow?" I asked as I scratched my hair.

"Sure, wait here and I'll go get it for you." She told me as she walked upstairs towards her room. She came back down moments later, levitating the broom in her magical grip.

"I guess you weren't kidding about all of that magic stuff, huh?" She shook her head, as I grabbed the brush from her. I walked back into the kitchen to go to the bathroom. I noticed something while I was brushing my hair. My little stubble of a mustache was gone. Awesome! No more shaving. I walked back into the circular room of the library and gave her the brush back. "What's with the bags? You going somewhere?"

"By me, you mean 'we'. I'm gonna give you a tour of Ponyville."

"Okay, but just so you know, I'm a little nervous."

"It's alright. We're gonna visit Applejack first. Get the long walk out of the way. And our last stop will be Sugar Cube Corner."

"Cool." I grabbed my MP4 and my jacket, put it on, and zipped it up halfway. Twilight opened the door and motioned me to leave first. I stepped out of her house and took a deep breath of the fresh air that wafted all throughout Ponyville. We started to walk to where it seemed like Ponyville Park, but going towards it at a different angle.

We walked for about 20 minutes until we got to her barn. Doesn't really surprise me that it's a barn. We walked up to it and knocked on the door. But Applejack didn't answer it. A little pony that had the same, but a little darker, coat color as Fluttershy. She had a giant bow in her hair, and she just stared up at me. She was the same height of my knee, if not taller. I knelt down so she could get a better look at me. She stepped a few inches back, but not in fear. "Hi. My name is Justin. I am a new resident in Ponyville and Twilight here is showing me around. What is your name?"

"Ma' name is Applebloom. And it's a pleasure meetin' ya' Justin."

"It's a pleasure meeting you, too, Applebloom. Do you mind showing me where your big sister Applejack is?"

"Sure thing, follow me." We followed Applebloom into the biggest apple orchard I have ever seen. I looked all around and there was nothing but tree after tree. A lot of them had apples on them and some of them didn't. I'm guessing Applejack had been picking apples all morning.

As we got farther into the orchard, I could hear a loud noise. I couldn't figure it out myself. When we finally reached the source of the noise, it was Applejack, bucking a tree. She was stronger than I had imagined. She kicks a tree once and all of the apples fall down into 3 baskets. "That'samazing." I said, after she got done kicking the tree.

"Oh. Why thank ya' kindly. Hey Twi', what brings y'all here?"

"I'm just showing Justin around town. You know, to help him get to know his new home town. Do you want to come with?"

"Ah' wish Ah' could, sugarcube. But Ah' have a lotta work ta' do. Big Macintosh took the day off ta' go help Pinkie at Sugar Cube Corner. And Ah' need to do some of his work. But Ah' will surely meet y'all at Sugar Cube Corner as soon as Ah' get done."

"Applejack, do you mind if I try and get all of the apples out of a tree?"

"Sure, if ya' think y'all are up ta' the task."

"I am." I looked around for a good tree. When I found one, I started looking around for some empty baskets. I grabbed three of them around another tree and set them under it. I then walked about 20 feet away from the tree, and stared it down. I ran fast towards the tree, "AAAAAHHHH!" When I was right under it, I stopped dead in my tracks, and climbed it. I was at the internal parts of where the branches extend, and I'm picking an apple one by one, dropping them into the baskets below me. I crawled all around the tree for every last one of the apples, and when I got done, I jumped down. I stood up, as if I were a god.The girls were staring at me in amazement. I was sweating and panting. "Well, that was fun."

"Justin, that was astonishing. But, I do have one question. Why did you go back, run, then stop under the tree, just to climb it and not hit it?

"Easy, Twilight. To build up tension." They all looked at me a little mad, until I broke it by laughing. They all started to laugh with me. "Well, I'm ready to go see the rest of Ponyville. Come on Twilight. It was nice seeing you again, Applejack."

"Twas' a pleasure seeing ya' again, Justin. And thank ya' for helping me out with this tree."

"It was fun. Bye." We started to venture out of the orchard. That is, until I felt a little tug on my pants leg. I looked down and it was Applebloom, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Can Ah' come with y'all?"

"Of course you can, sweety. Come on." I said as I motioned for her to follow. She did so with a big smile. We were all walking toward Ponyville to visit Rarity at Carousal Boutique.

We've been walking for about 15 minutes and Applebloom asks me, "Can you carry me the rest of the way?" I looked down at her and grabbed her by her sides and set her on my head. Her belly resting against the top of my head, she started laughing because my hair was tickling her. I had to adjust my glasses a bit, because her hooves kept accidentally moving them. She wasn't that heavy, either. I think she weighed about 15 pounds or somewhere around that. "Where are we going, anyways?"

"We are now going to Rarity's Boutique." Twilight answered.

"Ah' really hope Sweetie Belle is there."

We walked for a little while longer until we met a brown stallion. He had spiked hair flipped backwards and was walking towards us.

"Good morning, Doctor Whooves." Wait a minute. Did she just say Doctor Whooves. Like that one fictional character off of that British t.v. show?

"Good morning, Twilight." He said as he started to glance at me. "Who's your friend?"

"This is Justin. Justin this is Doctor Whooves." I wasn't really paying attention to her. I was just looking at one of my favorite actors as a pony. He looked kind of like him, too. The hair, the way he talked, and his Cutie Mark represented a hour glass, which probably meant that he was a Time Lord, too.

"Hello Doctor. It's a pleasure to meet you. And, um, your name wouldn't happen to be spelled with a 'W' in the beginning, would it?"

"Why yes, it does. How did you know?"

"Well, back on Earth there is a similar person that looks like you but more of a human, not a pony." I explained to him what a human was after that.

"This human version of myself wouldn't happen to be a Time Lord like me, would he?"

"Well, not technically. He's just an actor in a t.v. show, and a best one at that."

"It was nice meeting you, Justin. But I have to go and pick up some sweets from Sugar Cube Corner." He, then, walked towards the direction of Sugar Cube Corner.

"I guess Sugar Cube Corner must be a popular place then, huh?" I asked Twilight.

"Yeah, it is a very popular place, here in Ponyville." She said a little awkwardly. I looked at her suspiciously, but brushed it off. I even started to notice the lack of ponies. I looked around and the streets were almost completely deserted.

"Hey, Twilight, why are there no ponies out?"

"They.....uh.....they-they must still be asleep." She told me with an awkward smile. I looked at, what I'm guessing was Town Hall's clock.

"But it's 12:00 o' clock. Either everyone, but us had a rough night. Or they're all lazier than me." They both chuckled at me. That made me realize. Now that I live here, I better start looking for a job. I turned my head all around for any 'Help Wanted' signs, with Applebloom following my head.

"Whow-whoa," she said as she was trying to stay on my head. "Careful, Justin. Ah' almost fell off. What'cha lookin' for
anyways?"

"Oh, sorry Applebloom. Now that I'm living here, I need to start looking for a job." I said as we approached Rarity's home. I couldn't find any stores, or what seemed like stores, that had a 'Help Wanted' sign. Ahh well, next time around, I guess. Twilight knocks on the door.

"Rarity? Are you home?" No answer. She opens the door and proceeds to go inside. I followed her and looked at how nice and neat the inside was. I looked around and found dresses on ponyquins for sale. "I will look downstairs for her, you and Applebloom check for her upstairs." I nodded and Applebloom saluted. I walked upstairs and stared down the hallway. "OK Applebloom, you probably know this house better than I do. Which room is which?"

She pointed to the door closest to us on our right, "That's Rarity's room." She pointed to the next door down the hallway a small bit away down, "That's Sweetie Belle's room." She pointed back towards the left down the hall farther, "That's Rarity's studio." She pointed back further down the hall, on our right, "That's the bathroom." She finally pointed towards the door all the way down the hallway. "And Ah' think that's the linen closet." I walked over to Rarity's room and knocked. I got no answer and knocked again. Still no answer. I walked over to her studio and knocked. Yet again, no answer. I opened the door slowly. Applebloom stuck her head in first and looked around. I stuck my head in next and looked around. She was at her desk, sleeping. I walked over to her and nudged her.

"Rarity? Rarity wake up." She woke up with a startle, mane and tail a mess, and red, gemed glasses hanging off her face. She looked at me with fright, while I just looked at her with a smile. "Morning, sleepy head." Applebloom snickered a bit.

"Justin? Applebloom? What are you doing here? Oh, I must look dreadful."

"No, no, you look great. Twilight is showing me around town and we went to Sweet Apple Acres first. That's where I met Applebloom. She wanted to tag along and I didn't mind at all. We knocked on your door and you didn't answer, so we came in."

"But why is Applebloom on your head?"

"She got tired of walking so much, so I picked her up and carried her here on my head."

"Where's Twilight?"

"She's probably downstairs, waiting on us to come down with or without you."

"I will be down in a minute. Let me tidy up my mane and tail and get Sweetie Belle out of bed."

"Okay." I walked out of Rarity's studio and down stairs, into her living room. Twilight was sitting, on her haunches, in a chair on the far left of the boutique. I sat on the sofa across from her, and set Applebloom on it. I told Twilight what we saw. But after that, we were sitting there in silence for 5 minutes until Rarity came down stairs with a white coated filly. She looked the same age as Applebloom. I guess that's Sweetie Belle. "Hi there. I'm Justin, you must be Sweetie Belle."

"I am and you must be Justin. It's great to meet you." She said as she rubbed her eye.

"I'm gonna go make us some tea." Rarity said, Twilight following her to the kitchen.




**********************************************************************************************************



"Her Rarity. Pinkie wanted me to invite all of our friends to Justin's 'Welcome to Ponyville' party."

"Why thank you, Twilight. I shall be there." Rarity said as she started to make the tea.

"Rarity, why were you asleep in your studio? I thought we talked about that." She said sternly.

"Hehe, sorry. But I knew that Justin only had one pair of clothes, and the ones he is wearing are just ghastly. I couldn't let him look like that forever. I wanted to surprise him. So I tried to make him some clothes, but I couldn't because I didn't have his right measures. But I had to at least try."

"You can go ask him if you can get his measures right now." They argued about it until the tea was done. They walked back into the living room with five glasses on a fancy trey.




**********************************************************************************************************



Sweetie Belle and Applebloom were both in my lap and I was petting them. I looked across the room and saw the girls coming this way. I set the girls on either side of me and moved some of the magazines, on top of the coffee table, to make room for the trey. I grabbed myself a cup and started drinking the tea. It was a little hot since it was just made. None of us talked for a little while until Rarity broke the silence. She explained to me why she was asleep in her studio and that she needed to measure me if i wanted new clothes. I let her do it, because I can't just live in Ponyville with just one pair of clothing. I told her it would be okay. She led me towards this circular podium and told me to stand straight up and spread my arms out.

She measured me for about twenty-five minutes and every time one of the measuring tapes tickled me, I let out a laugh and that's what made the other girls laugh. Finally, Rarity got done with all of the measuring and told me I should have new clothes by the end of the day. I picked Applebloom back up and set her on top of my head again. We were headed towards the door, until Sweetie Belle pulled on my shoe lace to get my attention. She asked if it would be okay if she could come. I picked her up and held her in my arm, her body leaning up against my chest. I was now carrying somewhere around thirty pounds of weight. Still wasn't that heavy.

We are now heading to Fluttershy's house. I was still looking all over the place for a 'Help Wanted' sign on the way there. I found one, and it was for a masseuse or masseur. I could apply for that.

"Twilight, is it hard to massage ponies? Because I think I might work at that spa over there."

"I never massaged anyone, but I don't think it would be that hard. Is that where you really want to work at?

"Well, I can't sew, I can't bake, I would get tired after picking the second or third tree. I'm not really good at organizing, I'm okay with animals, but I don't like to work with them. And I can't control weather. I would love to work at an Insane Asylum, but there doesn't appear to be one in Ponyville.

"Ponyville doesn't have one, but Fillydelphia does."

"That is a hilarious name for a town."

"Why?"

"I have no idea." I knew I heard the name of a town that sounded like Fillydelphia, but I couldn't figure it out. I never really was good at Geography. After a few short minutes, we arrived at Fluttershy's.....cottage.....? I walked over the bridge, holding on tight to the girls, just in case something might happen. I don't want them to get wet and it be my fault. I knocked on the door and waited for Fluttershy to answer. But she didn't open it, a bunny did.

"Aw, cool, a bunny." I knelt down to pet it, but it kicked my hand away. "Ooooooookaaaaayyyy." I said as I was rubbing my hand where he hit it. "Well, is Fluttershy home?" I asked it, still wondering if I'm holding onto my sanity. He pointed his paw inside and I walked in. The cottage looked pretty cool. There were stairs all over the place for animals to climb on, and surprisingly, no droppings on the floor.

"You three wait here, I'm gonna go find Fluttershy." I did a small nod, making sure Applebloom doesn't fall off. I walked over to her couch and set the girls down. The bunny walked over to us holding a bowl of pretzels and set them on the coffee table.

"Thanks, dude." I grabbed a pretzel and ate it. I grabbed more and held them in front of the girls. Sweetie Belle ate them all without giving Applebloom a chance to react. I picked up the bowl and handed it to her. She started eating them as fast as she could. Hehe, I forgot she didn't eat breakfast.





**********************************************************************************************************



Twilight went out the back door of Fluttershy's cottage. She looked all around, and found her at the chicken coop, feeding her chickens. She walked over to her and watched her feed the chickens for a bit.

"Hey, Fluttershy."

"Eeep!" She squealed out of fright.

"Sorry Fluttershy, I came here to show Justin around town. I also came to give you an invitation to his 'Welcome to Ponyville' party. Are you gonna come?"

"Yes. I will be there as soon as I'm done feeding the animals."

"Okay, see you at the party."





**********************************************************************************************************



I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already 3:30. All that's left now is Rainbow Dash and Pinkie's place. I saw Twilight come out from behind the corner and asked if we were ready. We all nodded in unison. I picked up Sweetie Belle and put her on my head, this time. She deserves a ride, too. I grabbed Applebloom and carried her the same way as I did with Sweetie Belle.

"Where to now?" I asked as we headed out the door.

"Rainbow Dash's cloud house." Wait. She lives in a cloud. That's awesome.

As we were approaching her cloud house, we saw another filly, sitting under her cloud. She had an orange coat and had a purple colored mane. We walked up to her and Twilight asked, "Why are you sitting under Rainbow Dash's cloud, Scootaloo?"

"I'm just waiting on Rainbow DaAAAHH-!" She yelled as she saw me.

"Hello. I am Justin. I am a new resident here in Ponyville. Who are you?"

"I'm Scootaloo. It's nice to see you. I'm sorry I screamed, it's just that, I've never seen anything like you before."

"That is an awesome name. And it's okay, my species doesn't travel here a lot."

"I guess Rainbow Dash isn't home, do you mind if I come with you guys?"

I picked up Scootaloo, with one arm, and held her the exact same way as I did with Applebloom. "Yes," I answered. I am now holding three fillies.

"They aren't that heavy to you, Justin?"

"Nuh uh, I think Scootaloo is the lightest."

"Are yah' callin' us fat!?"

"No, I'm just saying that Scootaloo is probably the lightest, because she is probably the youngest."

"I actually am."

"See. No hard feelings." We were now heading to Sugar Cube Corner. I can't wait to see Pinkie again. She, somehow, always makes me happy. I wonder how she makes her hair so poofy. It even looks like cotton candy. I bet when she was young, she actually chewed on her own mane to see if it was. We were now nearing a giant house made of sweets. I bet it's all plastic. We neared the door and I opened it. The lights were off, and suddenly....

"SURPRISE!!" A whole bunch of ponies jumped out of hidden places and scared me a little. Some of them were a little bit scared of me. Some looked at me in curiosity. And one aqua colored pony looked at me in amazement. I sat the three fillies down on the floor and they ran off into the crowd.

"I'm guessing Pinkie planned this whole thing, am I right?"

"That's right!" Screamed the pink pony appearing upside down and in my face, once again. I grabbed her body and set her down on the floor.

"Thank you. Now all of the ponies of Ponyville can meet me at once. That's good." I spotted a table filled with cupcakes, candies, and loads of other sweets. "Can I have some?"

"Go right ahead. This is your party after all, silly!" I reached down and grabbed a cupcake, while all the ponies watched. It made me a bit uncomfortable, but I just ate it, not giving any second thought. And that's when I had my most happiest moment in my life.

"Pinkie. This is the most amazing thing I have ever had in my entire life." I said in monotone. I saw all the ponies just standing there, staring at me. "Well, what are you guys waiting for. LET'S PARTY!"

"YYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH" Screamed a white coated mare behind a DJ turntable. She started to play some House music. That is most likely Vinyl. I walked over to her, because this is a pony I just have to meet.

"Hey, there. You must be Vinyl Scratch."

"Yeah, and you must be the guest of honor." I laughed a bit at that.

"That I am. It's nice to meet you. This song is amazing. Did you make it?"

"Yeah. It's called 'Negative Energy'.

"That is an awesome title. Do you mind if I see something on your turntable?"

"Sure. Go right ahead." I was looking around to see if she had an audio jack for me to plug my MP4 in. I need to charge it. I found an audio jack and plugged it in. It fit, but the music stopped playing. I scrolled through my songs to find the best dubstep song.

"Here, Vinyl. This is a song made from my people. It's called 'Bass Cannon'." I played the song and she had a look of interest on her face. When the bass dropped, she drooled.

"This is amazing! Do you mind if I held onto your device for the night? I wanna see what other songs you have." I handed her the MP4 and she levitated it with her magic. I walked over to the set of stairs, Pinkie has in her house. I sat on the third step and watched all of the ponies dance to the music. Twilight was the worse dancer, by far.

It was about 9:00 and I was still sitting on the stairs. I saw a lot of ponies passed out on the floor from drinking so much. Pinkie walked up to me and asked me a question. "Justin, do you think you can help me get these passed out ponies into the kitchen? I set up some sleeping bags for this occasion, because I knew this was going to happen."

"Sure thing, Pinkie. Anything for somepony who makes me a party." I stood up and helped her with all of the passed out ponies. There were only 5 ponies out, cold. I picked one up and carried her to the kitchen. She had a purple coat and berries for her cutie mark. I set her into the sleeping bag and zipped it up. I walked back out and picked up another. It was the aqua colored pony that looked at me in a different way than all of the others. I set her in a sleeping bag and walked back into the main room and sat back down on the stairs. All of the girls walked over to me.

"Ay' Justin. Great party, uh." Said a drunk Rainbow Dash.

"Hehe, yeah it's an awesome party."

"Well, it was great seeing you, again. And I wish you and your wife a great marriage together." She said as she flew softly into a wall, and fell onto the floor snoring.

"This might be a dumb question, but DID I get married?"

"No, you didn't. She's just had too much Applejack Daniel's"

"I'm guessing that's an alcoholic beverage." Twilight nodded.

"Here ya' go, sugarcube. Try it."

"The legal drinking age, where I'm from, is 21. I'm still 15."

"But the legal drinking age here is 15. So y'all should be safe." I shrugged it off and grabbed the bottle, standing up. I opened it up and drank it all almost at once.

"Is it ta' your likin'?

"Hold that thought AJ." I said in a bit of a slur. "There's just one more person I need to meet."

"And who might that be."

"The floor," I answered and fell straight to the floor, passed out, cold.



**********************************************************************************************************



"I guess he was right. The legal drinking age for HIS kind is 21." Twilight said. "Can he stay here with you, Pinkie?" She nodded. "Thank you." She levitated Justin into Pinkie's room and folded his jacket into a ball for a pillow. She walked back down stairs and said her goodbyes to her friends.

Pinkie grabbed Dash by her tail and dragged her into the kitchen and put her into the last sleeping bag. She walked back upstairs into her room, and noticed Justin on the floor. She grabbed her pillow and set it next to him. Pinkie was now lying next to Justin, back to back.






**********************************************************************************************************

Author's Note: I am sorry this chapter took me so long. I got caught up in a lot of homework and was trying to finish up this amazing drawing I did. I will post it up in a blog, when I finish coloring it. I hope that this chapter being so long that it will make up for the lateness of it. Don't be expecting a new one this weekend, because I will be very busy. But hopefully, I can get done coloring my picture.