• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 293 Views, 0 Comments

Night Spark's Regrets - ToraOkami303



As Night Spark watches his Bat Pony cousins from afar, he questions his life choices.

  • ...
 0
 293

Wanderer

Night lay down on the cliff and glanced at the country side which was overtaken by shadows. He thought about the adventures he had wandering them for several years after leaving home. He hadn't made many friends during that time, since there were so few nocturnal ponies in most of the towns he stopped at.

But the few friends I did make were good ones. At least while they lasted.

Night smiled, and then sighed. He should try writing some of them. Get back in touch, the worst that could happen is they don't get along anymore. Night nodded to himself, his plan set. He lifted his head to stare at Canterlot once more. He had only visited the grand capital of the pony empire once. He had hoped for a short time to get into the Night Guard.

That didn't end well. I barely got through the first few months of training. Living in the mountains and combat are two completely different challenges. That's for sure.

Night chuckled as he stood back up watching Canterlot as shadowy pony forms with bat wings took to the air. Most were flying lazy circles; a few were moving clouds around altering Canterlot's weather. Night followed one in particular that flew straight up, until they were silhouetted against the moon.

Night turned away and sighed. Sadness quickly taking over, tears dripping down his face. He sniffed and looked back the way he came, the small forest down bellow. The trees so close together heat got trapped within it. He smiled sadly down at his house, which he could see barely peeking out of the thick of it. His head turned slightly to look at the only clearing in the small forest.

Within the clearing where multiple small houses arranged in a circle. At the center of the circle was a several story tall town hall. Night smiled as he remembered helping to build that. Dawning Mage had approached him where he camped in the surrounding forest with a proposition. She wanted to start a small town; he wanted to nurture the naturally occurring firefly population in the surrounding woods. So she asked him to help lead a small group of ponies willing to work nocturnal hours, she would lead a small group during the day. Both groups worked together to build the town hall and a few buildings nearby it to get the town started.

They had managed to halve the usually construction time for a job of that size. Despite most of the involved ponies not having a talent in construction. He had been proud on opening day; it was a small achievement but an achievement none the less. After that ponies looking to start a new life had bustled in once word got around. Some arrived with family that would help them build, then leave once their kin was settled. Others arrived alone, in which cases Paige would rally some town members to help them get set up.

Dollop came with his own personal army. I remember his insanely large family swooping in, building the house practically overnight and swooping out right after. Dawn was so sure when he moved in they finally had a weather pony. Dollop was so sad that he couldn't help Dawn, but she was so understanding.

Night smiled staring at the town. This was his new home; after helping to build the town, and getting help building his own home. He had stopped wandering; this place was where he belonged. His eyes drifted back to his house. The house had been smaller at one point, now it was a decent size.