• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 1,526 Views, 56 Comments

The Forgotten Library - Ponyess



The library had been long forgotten. A hospital built on top of it, on purpose or not. In the library, there is this one special book, it had been enchanted. If you read the text, you are forever changed. This is what happens to the girl.

  • ...
22
 56
 1,526

A Discovery: 2

.

Once inside, the double sliding doors slowly closed shut behind me. Quietly, as if whispering deep secrets?

Then I found the dial, as if it had been a phone, all the twelve buttons are there. The numerals, from one to nine, then the zero in the middle, under the eight. There is the go, for making the elevator go to the chosen level, and the stop, for changing your mind, or if something happened?

I guess even this was exciting me, anything out of the ordinary is preferable to the none life I had had here, for the past week. Anything short of getting myself burned to death felt like it had been worth it.

Actually, there is a choice to go below ground level, and I wanted to go as far from where I am, I possibly could, opting for the lower levels.

Once I hit go, the lift started to fall. Duh, I'm going down, so the elevator had to be falling? This started off slow, then going faster and faster. For a brief moment, I was panicking, but even this was worth the price, if I was to fall to my death, it would be a short agony, and it would all be over and done with.

I noticed it was slowing down, mainly because I started to feel heavier again. It's a sure sign the elevator is slowing down, right? As it finally did come to a full stop, the door slide open. I spill out into the dark hall.

For a moment, I wondered where I was. The walls are not white, not even blue, or the uniform colour at all. It is paneled in Cherry. The luxury of it all. If I had seen spider webs, I had imagined the level was simply abandoned.

Down here, a nine year old girl in a blue top and skirt would be spotted instantly. I'm as out of place here, as a whale in the middle of the Sahara desert.

Up there, it was just the nurses in their yellow top and skirt. Then the patients in blue, unless it was visiting hours, when you could see visitors.

My skirt reaches half way down my thigh, and improvised panties are integrated into it. It's easy to put on and slip out of, just as it makes everything easily accessible, if and when it needs to be, while preserving the dignity and privacy at all times.

The top is tight, covering my body down to just an inch below my rib cadge, it reaches down five inches on my arms, and cover my neck entirely. It has a zipper through the entire back, in order to make for easy access. It is at least, how I understood it, even if I may have misinterpreted this fairly well.

I wear no socks, they apparently found it pointless. Just a pair of indoor boots. They reach half way up towards my knees and make me feel taller, older. As if it had been a pair of high heels, but without the problem caused by the small heels on these. I never did wear such, I'm not old enough to find them alluring. The sole of these boots are in the shape of a crescent moon, almost like the horse shoe and four inches by six inches.

At the end of the hall, there is a wide double door. It looks as if there are two windows, like the frames of a painting on the wall. I could see something behind it. If it is the library, but why would they hide a library down here. I did not even have an idea, just how many levels below ground I am, I had forgotten to look. I would know, when I got back to the door, wouldn't I.