• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 722 Views, 16 Comments

To make a long story short: A My Little Pony Flash Fiction anthology - GrouchoMarxDisciple



These are all submissions to MeesterBob's FlashFiction contest. Come read and vote for the "Fan Favorite" award!

  • ...
2
 16
 722

Love and Ponies

Author's Note:

By swirlstar

To Applejack, from Twilight:

Applejack whom I met one springtime morning, long corn-silk mane waving in the Ponyville breeze sweet as apples, rustic laughter roaring through that first meal at the old Sugarcube; oh Applejack, the royal voice dry as desert everytime I near you, green eyes piercing bleeding this violet heart; lovely Applejack, the nightly tears flowing freely for clueless you, Rainbow Dash prodding and asking and promising not to tell; darling Applejack, every nerve on end under the shimmering stars, waiting and pawing until you finally asked and a stammer and the Moon and stars fading before joy erupting forth like a flame…

Darling Applejack whom I wed one summer evening, silver bands and veiled dress white as snow, fine touch of soft-warm hooves on bookweary shoulders; lovely Applejack, rising at the crack of dawn and returning late nights half-asleep, your snores in bed weekend-noon while I wait the day away; oh Applejack, a bitter and angry heart lashing out one too many times, groggy hooves groping for an absent pony on the midnight bed; and Applejack, purple eyes red and trembling as I sit down with Dash at the old Sugarcube, heart beating and thumping until she finally spoke and a gasp and the Moon and stars fading before sorrow bursting forth like a flood…

I hereby give my consent towards the dissolution of our marriage.