• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 309 Views, 2 Comments

Stories of Procrastination - ilikepie56



Different short stories that I wrote while I was supposed to be doing homework.

  • ...
 2
 309

The League of Incredibly Useless Super Ponies P1: Devastating Magical Consequences

Our story starts off like most stories. Under the bright and shining sky in the city of Ponyville. It was an average day, ponies were shopping, eating, playing and working all across this quite town. The day, being the normal day it is, will soon change to become a most interesting day to say the least. It wasn’t even noon before energetic pony Pinky Pie comes jumping into Twilight's library with a huge announcement.

“Guess what everypony!” Pinky shouted after she basically broke down the door. “It's super big humungous gigantic news!”

“Pinky,” sighed Twilight looking at her old door. “Two things. The first is to please stop breaking my doors. The second is, what's the news?”

“I was just in Canterlot with the Cakes competing in the ultimate bake-a-thon when Celestia stopped by. She told me to tell you that in three days she will be transporting barrels of toxic magic waste through Ponyville!” Pinky stopped to take in a breath.

“Pinky, I know this already,” said Twilight examining her broken door. “Why was this such big news?”

Pinky took a huge breath. “Because I found one bit on the train ride over! It's my lucky bit now!” Pinky started to squeal with delight as she hopped out of Twilight's library.

Twilight sighed and formed a smile on her face. “Oh that Pinky. Well, time to replace the third door this week.” After replacing yet another broken door, Twilight began preparations to make sure that nothing will happen to this batch of toxic magic waste. She got all of the security needed for that day. She made sure that nothing was planned that would in any way be able to knock over the barrels. Yep, Twilight did everything she needed to all in one day.

“Ahhh,” Twilight sighed in relief. “There's nothing like that feeling of a job well done, eh Spike?”

“I couldn’t agree more,” said Spike, putting in the final hinge for the tree's brand new door. “Isn’t she a beauty, Twilight?”

“She certainly is Spike,” she said walking over to her baby dragon. “I wouldn’t expect anything less from my number one assistant. Let's go to bed now. It's been a long day.” Spike nodded and followed Twilight upstairs into the bedroom.

Meanwhile in Canterlot Castle

“Sister!” Shouted Luna running into Celestia's bedroom. “I have urgent news for you.”

“Ugh,” Celestia moaned sleepily. “Couldn’t it have waited until tomorrow? I was in the middle of the banana dream and it was just getting to the good part!”

“This is no time for your plantain related dream,” bellowed Luna. “This is important! A giant storm has been forecasted to happen on the same day the magical toxic waste is supposed to be transported! If we let the transportation happen that day, it could have devastating magical consequences.”

“Oh my me!” Celestia said throwing her blanket off. “We have to post-pone the moving of the goop!”

“But sister, we need to get the 'goop' to it's destination on time,” Luna protested. “If it's exposed for too long, it could have devastating magical consequences! We need to move it from the locker to the disposal area in one day!”

“Wow,” sighed Celestia. “A lot of things we do could end up with devastating magical consequences. Very well. I guess we will have to move it tomorrow then! I will contact Twilight and arrange everything. Thank you, sister.”

“You're welcome sister,” Luna sighed with relief. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight Luna.” Celestia pulled her blanket over herself and got comfortable again. “Oh bananas, take me away to dreamland!”

Back to Ponyville, early the next morning.

Today was a day like the other one. Ponies were waking up from their sleep, fillies were getting ready for school, and Twilight was making a checklist for the day.

“Make checklist,” Twilight looked down at the checklist. “Check. Check off make checklist, check. Next is to wake up Spike.” Twilight put down her quill and walked up to wake Spike up, but he was already awake and moaning. “Oh, Spike! You're awake already but, are you okay?”

“My stomach,” groaned Spike stretching his arms across his tiny green belly. “I think something big is about to come out.”

“Spike!” Said Twilight in disgust. “I know you're not feeling well but that's gross.”

“No, not like that, something els-” Spike was interrupted by one of the biggest burps ever heard accompanied by a huge green flame. What followed was a letter bigger than the others.

“Wow, this was a big one Spike,” said Twilight picking up the letter. “Let's see what Celestia has to say. Hmm, a few lines about the banana dream, friendship stuff, more bananas... Ah, here we are. 'Twilight, I'm afraid I have some rather important news. We had to move the transportation of the toxic magic waste to today due to the incoming storm. Sorry about that. Your mentor, Celestia.'”

Twilight dropped the scroll in pure terror. “Oh no! Spike, this is terrible!”

“Why?” Asked Spike. “What's wrong with moving it today?”

“Because I can't get the guards for today! I made sure they would be able to do it tomorrow!”

“Well, I'm sure it will be fine without guards, Twilight.” Spike said trying to calm her down.

“That's not the only thing, Spike! Today is also the day when Rainbow is supposed to perform a sonic rainboom!”

“Why is she doing that today?”

“It's part of the parade also going through town today!”

“Well why is there a parade today!”

“Spike, don't you pay attention to the calendar I gave you for your birthday? It's the Ponyville holiday Barrel Pushing Day. Oh this couldn’t have gone more poorly”

Spike looked at Twilight with a surprised look. “Today is Barrel Pushing Day? I need to get my Pushing Gloves ready!” Spike ran to his dresser to try and find his most sacred gloves.

“Spike, don't you even care about what's happening?” Twilight yelled to him.

“Oh, uh,” Spike said not paying attention. “Yea, it's bad. Where are those dang gloves?”

“Fine, you stay here and do whatever it is your doing. I'm going to try and make sure everything goes as planned.”

And like that, Twilight ran out the door faster than you could say devastating magical consequences. It was going to be quite the challenge for Ms. Sparkle to pull this off without anything going wrong, and she knew it. How convenient that all of these things were happening on the same day? It was like Twilight's personal nightmare had come true.

Twilight ran into town to try and at least settle everything down but it was too late. The parade had started and she could see the toxic magic waste carriage coming into town. She ran to greet the carriage driver. Ponies everywhere were cheering loud for the different floats that were going down the street. Most of the floats just consisted of barrels falling over, but still, ponies were cheering.

“Is everypony ready!?” Screamed Rainbow Dash who was already flying high in the air. Cheers erupted from the crowd. “I said, IS EVERYPONY READY!?” Even louder cheers erupted from the crowd. “Let's get this party started!” Rainbow Dash started flying straight upwards like she was racing to the clouds.

“Wait, Rainbow!” Screamed Twilight, but it was too late. Rainbow was too high in the clouds. Twilight was about to fly after her when she heard a shout from the crowd.

“Look everypony!” Shouted somepony in the crowd. “Barrels just arrived for us to push over! Let's go!” Half of the crowd started rushing the carriage while the other half anticipated Rainbows rainboom. A thousand thoughts were racing through Twilight's mind.

Author's Note:

I have no idea where I'm going with this.