• Published 28th Jan 2014
  • 755 Views, 15 Comments

Battle Ponies 4 - Silver Melodies



Welcome to Battle Ponies, where ponies dhoot it out ina effort to dominate the battlefiled. Utilizing all of their avialable wepaons and levolution, will the mane six and their forces succed? Or will a certain other mare win?

  • ...
1
 15
 755

We're Movin' In!

Rainbow Dash didn't do much while she was waiting for battle outside of work out. She was currently doing push ups inside of transport helo. What else would she do? Sit still? Yeah right. Rainbow Dash was born to move around, not waste her life sitting on her ass.

Of course, while she was finishing her seventy-sixth push up in a row, her comms opened up. “All units! All units! Green light has been given! I repeat, green light has been given!”

She didn't waste anytime getting to her seat. As much as she hated sitting, she disliked the idea of plummeting out of a helicopter even more. Her squad all took their places. Three of them, not including herself. She knew them by name. She had spent a lot of time on the battlefield together.

One of them was a white unicorn, green and yellow hair, named Silver Drop, or just Drop, as she called him. He was the team engineer, specializing in the repair and destruction of vehicles.

The second was a white unicorn as well, but this one electric blue hair. Vinyl Scratch, the team assault, usually healing and keeping the fight pressing forward.

Then there was, of course, the biggest of their team. Red, muscular, and rather handsome, Big Mac. He was the team support, always laying down suppressive fire.

Of, Rainbow Dash was the team scout, and leader. She specialized in getting in and out fast, while also booby-trapping and sniping unsuspecting enemies.

The helo took off, along with the rest of the air force. Rainbow Dash could hear Pinkie Pie through the mic. “Yay! Let's go!”

Rainbow Dash smiled as she looked upon the city below. Today was a good day to die. Not that she would die. More of, it was a good day for the enemies to die. They didn't stand a chance.

Applejack spoke up. “Alright, listen up! Twilight wasn't able ta clear a path like we had expected! We'll be met with more resistance than we had expected. So let's kick these bitches back ta hell!”

Everyone cheered. Pinkie Pie's voice could be most heard over the radio. “Alright! Let's party with GUNS!”

Rainbow Dash didn't know if that kind of optimism was good for her friend.

She didn't have to wait long for the battle to begin. Flak exploded everywhere as the enemy cannons tried to shoot down their swarm of helos. Rainbow Dash clenched her teeth as the bird she was in shook with a near impact. She saw one right next to them go down in flames, the pour souls aboard gone without a sound.

The gunners fired their miniguns, mowing down the enemy. Of course, there were plenty more to take their place. Her ride turned around began its second strafing run. She looked at her comrades. Each one was waiting, itching to get into battle. It was so boring sitting up here in the transport. Sure, she could fire her gun, but it would be highly inaccurate, and then she would just be wasting ammo.

She noticed a tank, plowing down the street. “Drop!” she called out, pointing to the tank.

He nodded, hefting his RPG. He took aim as the helo dropped down to give him a shot. He fired at the tank. The rocket spun a bit before slamming into the tank's treads. The machine stopped dead in its tracks. It wasn't destroyed, but easy prey now.

Rainbow watched as it's occupants scrambled out only to be shot down by advancing friendlies. Drop smiled with satisfaction.

Just as she thought it couldn't get any more boring, Applejack called out an order. “Rainbow Dash!”

Rainbow Dash paused for a bit to view an enemy helo go down in a fiery explosion. “Yeah?”

“Ah'm marking a strong point. Take yer team and neutralize it!”

“Okay!”

Rainbow Dash pumped her hoof. “Pilot! Land us by the waypoint! Marking now!”

“Affirmative!”

The pilot steered toward the waypoint, but was instantly barraged by flak. One of the gunners was caught in an explosion, sending him and the minigun down to the ground.

“Pilot! Take us up high!” Mac shouted.

Rainbow knew where this was leading. A jump.

They reached the max altitude they could. The pilot turned around, guessing their intentions. With a nod of his head, he gave them one last farewell.

“Kick them up the ass!”

Rainbow nodded as she dropped from the helo, as did the rest of her squad. They free fell, a little off from the target. Rainbow Dash pulled her chute, letting it unfurl. She drifted down toward the top of the building as her squad mates followed suit.

She hit the roof and rolled, coming up with her gun ready. She scanned the area as her squad landed behind her.

They found an elevator and took it down to the middle of the building. Applejack had identified that area as having the most enemies. Sure enough, as soon as the doors opened, they were greeted with the enemy, all standing at the windows, all firing rockets with a passion. Seriously, some of them were even singing!

Big Mac laid waste to them as the rest of the squad set out to secure this floor. Rainbow took up a sniping position where the enemy had been standing a few seconds ago. She made popped off a few shots, making sure the roads were mostly clear of any heavy infantry. Until one of them saw her and fired an RPG directly at her. She dove out of the way as the rocket tore through the ceiling above her, detonating in the room above.

The rest of her squad returned to her. Each gave the all clear. Even though this floor was certainly not the only one, it was the most heavily armed one, so she felt as though she had done her job. She spotted some cannons close to objective B.

“Applejack!” She called out. “I have eyes on a heavily armed enemy position near objective B.”

“Yeah, I already sent Twilight to take care of it.”

“I'm heading that way.”

“Roger.”

They exited the south of the building, jumping off and drifting down with their parachutes. They hit the ground running. The open streets was not the place infantry wanted to be. She knew from experience.

She heard the sound of propellers whirring to find a flaming helo coming straight for them. They all dove out of the way, letting the bird crash into the sidewalk. They closed in to see something moving inside.

A pink hoof thrust its self out of the crash, followed by a pink mare. Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash immediately helped her friend out of the wreckage.

“Pinkie, are you alright?”

“Uh... yeah, I think so.” She pointed to the sky. “I don't think the rest of the birds can say the same.”

Rainbow looked up to see that their forces were indeed being torn apart by flak as the cannons fired non-stop.

“Twilight!”

“What?” The mare sounded irritated.

“Where are you? Those guns are tearing up our air and land support!”

“Just about to deal with said cannons. Hold on a sec.”

Rainbow Dash grumbled before shutting her mike off. “We don't have a sec.” She turned to her squad.

“Looks like Twilight might not get her job done. We're movin' in to help her if need be.”

Rainbow Dash led them as they charged down the street ,expecting to encounter heavy resistance. Surprisingly, this far behind enemy lines, there weren’t many enemies. This made her all the more wary. Her attention was drawn to an explosion coming from a nearby building. The supports were all gone. It was strange that building didn't collapse...

It went down in a shower of bricks. Huh. Looked like Twilight could handle herself. Rainbow Dash brought up her map. The armor was moving through the tunnels. How did they get down there? Their air force was now turning the tables as the flak no longer took them down.

She motioned her squad to find Twilight, just to be sure she was alright. Once the armor got to their position, they would press forward. Now, they had to make sure they were ready to do so.

Author's Note:

Yay! So now we are half way through the mane 6! Only three more chapters until the big finish! Next up, I dunno. I'm thinking of doing Rarity. Anyone want something else?