• Published 20th Mar 2012
  • 2,409 Views, 35 Comments

Pinkie my friend - BleedingRaindrops



the best of friends can come from the strangest of places, and in all sizes colors and shapes.

  • ...
8
 35
 2,409

what's in a name?

As we bounced our way over to the library, Pinkie Pie continued to sing her party song. I hadn’t quite gotten it down yet, but I had figured out how to bounce the way Pinkie Pie did, and I was glad to be by her side as we hopped along. The secret was just to be really happy, smile, and let your legs do the rest. When we got to the library, Pinkie Pie stopped and rapped on the door with her head. I was amazed at how that didn’t hurt.

Twilight opened the door.
“Oh hey Pinkie Pie, what’s up?” Pinkie Pie pounced in and I followed.
“Twilight! You’ll never guess what I did. Go on guess.” She said excitedly, leaning forward on her forelegs and wagging her tail in a rather adorable fashion.
“You made a new friend?” Twilight asked, eyeing me with an odd expression.

“Well yeah, but that’s not quite it. Remember a few weeks ago when we had fun exploring in the garden behind Canterlot Castle, and then we climbed in through the window and went searching through the Star swirl the bearded wing? Huh huh?” Twilight looked confused “Do you mean when we found the time travel spell and I made myself worry over nothing for a whole week?”
"Yup” Pinkie Pie chirped. “Well when I was searching through the scrolls I found something really really cool. You wanna know what it was? Well do ya do ya?”

“You found a friend spell?” Twilight guessed again. Pinkie Pie simply could not contain her excitement.
“Well if by friend spell you mean I found a scroll on inter-dimensional travel that explained how to open portals between universes, and that scroll gave me an idea as to how to finally reach through my little screen that I have in my room and I tried it and it worked. And then I saw this fine stallion here, and I pulled him through, and Derpy gave him a funny muffin that turned him into a pony, and then I decided to throw him a party and we came here to introduce him to everyone. Then yes.”

Twilight was astounded.
“Wait a second, that little screen in your room? You mean the human universe, its real?!”
“Yup, it was really easy” Pinkie Pie replied, still quite overjoyed at her accomplishment. Twilight on the other hand, was utterly bewildered.
“But, that doesn’t make any sense, in all of my research, I never came across the possibility of other universes, it’s been disproven so many times. He is not scientifically possible” She pointed to me with her hoof. I wasn’t sure how I felt about being discussed as if I weren’t in the room, but Pinkie Pie was so fun to watch in person that I didn’t really care much.

“Well that’s silly” came Pinkie’s response, “because he’s right here, and now I'm gonna throw him a big birthday party so he can meet all of my friends” Twilight seemed to accept at that point that arguing further would serve no purpose with Pinkie Pie.

“Well you know I never pass up one of your parties, but have you sent out the invitations yet? People aren’t just going to show up unless they know what’s happening” Pinkie Pie’s eyes widened in shock.
“Oh my gosh, I almost forgot the invitations. I’ve got to go do that right now” She got as far as the door before stopping short, and turning around to look at me, then back at the door, and back to me. She looked between me and the door for about a minute, clearly undecided over something, little beads of sweat began to form on her brow.

“Oh I just can’t decide, stay here with my new friend, or go pass out invitations for the party. People need to know in order to come, but I can’t just abandon my new friend. Oh what do I do, what do I do? Friend, party, friend, party, friend, party, friend, party” She held up each of her hooves as she said this, as though weighing the two on a scale.

Finally Twilight stepped in.
“Why don’t you go pass out the invitations and I’ll entertain your friend here while you’re gone.” Pinkie Pie still looked a little torn; she stared at me for a moment, eyes welling up, as she pondered the decision. “I know, I’ll just have to be really quick so I don’t leave you hanging too long. Back in a flash.” And with that she vanished, so quickly I barely noticed the door open or close.

Twilight turned towards me now.
“So, what’s your name?” she asked, breaking the awkward silence following Pinkie Pie’s dramatic exit.
“Well, I haven’t quite got a name yet.” I replied, sheepishly
“Really?” She said, surprised. “Didn’t you have a name as a human?”
“Well yeah, I did” I replied, “but I don’t think it would sound right to keep my human name as a pony.”
“Well what was your human name?” she asked. I told her, and she gave me an odd look. “Wow, humans do have weird names.” She thought for a moment. “Well your coat is orange, and you’re a Pegasus… Orange Flyer?”
“Nah I don’t think that one fits quite right, I think it should mean something” I said. She rubbed her head with her hoof,
"Well… maybe flame wings? Your hair is red.”
“No I don’t think that’s it either." i said. "Just wait, it’ll come to me I know it.”

“Come on Vinyl Scratch, please!” We suddenly heard Pinkie Pie’s voice outside the library.
“I'm sorry Pinkie Pie, but I promised I’d hang out with Octavia today.” This voice was much smoother than Pinkie Pie’s, and quite melodic.
“Oh please please please please, you have the best music!” Pinkie Pie pleaded.
“Look Pinkie, I'm sorry I just-” The second voice stopped suddenly, everything was quiet for a few seconds. “Oh you and that adorable face of yours, fine, come on O, we can still hang at the party” the voice cut in again.
“YAY!” Came Pinkie’s excited scream, before the doors opened and in walked Pinkie Pie and two other ponies.

The first one was a white unicorn, with an electric blue mane, and stunning ruby red eyes. The other was a grey earth pony, with black hair and lavender eyes. The unicorn’s jaw dropped when she saw me, and the other seemed speechless.
“Uh, wow.” The white one finally said, “Pinkie, THIS is your new friend you wanted everypony to meet?!”
I blushed.
“I know isn’t he amazing?” Pinkie Pie said, hugging me. “Now you see why I just HAD to show everypony?”
They both nodded.