• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 3,041 Views, 437 Comments

A Circle Has No End: Volume I - Gladi Writes



Two stolen hearts set off a chain reaction that engulfs Equestria and it's new allies- the Changelings.

  • ...
8
 437
 3,041

PreviousChapters Next
Background: My Discontent

CLASSIFIED: ABOVE TOP SECRET

Contained herein is a manifesto found in the basement of a small time publisher in Manehatten. The building was raided as part of an investigation into probable counterfeit bank notes, and the pony in charge was never caught. Found in the basement, along with three hundred thousand bits in counterfeit notes and the machines to produce them, was this. It's authenticity could not be determined, and it's suspected that many copies could have been made. However, we have, thus far, found none except the original. The implications if this were to spread, assuming citizens believe it, are huge. All efforts must be undertaken to track down and destroy any copies.

-Archer, Night Guard Intelligence.


My Discontent: Samuel Pretense

If you are reading this, then I have already met my doom. Whether it was at the hands of the great shapeshifting evil we now call an 'ally'; or at the hands of the great tyrant Celestia, or at the hands of her thugs- will be known by the reader. Whatever the case, I have written this so that my story may be told, and that I may fan the flames that will one day cleanse this land of the evils that inhabit it. Equestria will burn, and if you heed my words you may stand on it's ashes to build a greater nation, a nation of takers instead of givers.

My name is Samuel Pretense. I had styled myself as 'Mr. Pretense" since I had come of age. I ran the mint, in Vanhoover. The mint was originally, and still was even if in it's double role, a private bank that my family had owned for generations. My ancestors made their fortune smithing gold, and used the profits to found a bank in Baltimare. It was that history that led the Crown to commission them as the Royal Mint. This meant that I, and my family, had double duty as both civil servants and private business people. A curious arrangement, but for the longest time it served both ourselves and the Crown well enough. They got their currency minted, and re-minted, cheaply. We worked an arrangement to pay no tax, and became part of the royal court. Recently, however, this changed. The Crown saw fit to impose a tax, of five percent, to all profits generated by private banks across the nation. Ostensibly this was to fund the Crystal Empire and get it up to modern standards, but I saw through this ruse- Celestia was merely proving whom was really in charge. The rest of them, those cowards, bowed low and accepted this tax.

Tell me, what should a stallion such as myself owe to a government that has given him nothing?

The answer is nothing. The Government of Equestria is nothing but a sham, extending it's tentacle like influence into the realm of private citizens in the name of 'progress' and 'justice'. The medical system of Equestria alone accounts for nearly ten million bits of tax dollars per year. Tell me, could an enterprising pony not turn this into a profitable business? What about the postal service, education, the rail line? The Government controls all of these, private competitors are illegal.

Some of you might say that the government has a need to provide for it's citizens. They are wrong, the citizens have a need to provide for themselves. If they cannot work hard enough to compete in an open market, then they will die as they are not fit to live. The Griffons know this, which is why they are superior. While our government 'nationalizes' and takes out huge loans to pursue this idiotic war, the griffon High Martial rules through the force of a mighty iron claw, taking what he wants from whom he wants. Those that refuse to get in line, die. The griffons pay no tax, they fund themselves through spoils and plunder. The houses that are unable to do so, perish. Those that can, rise to the top. Survival and elevation of the fittest at it's finest.

I have seen, spoken, and spent time with the High Martial of the Griffons. At first it was at my own peril, having been captured by them some months before Equestria even know of the person. Through him I saw the light, and turned my cowardly fear of the alicorn oligarchy into a fiery anger. I made it my mission that they would be cast down, and in death I may do more for that cause than I ever could have in life.

I imagine some of you reading this might be put off now, at the mention of our 'enemies' the Griffons. I say to you that the Griffons are not our enemies, they are our allies. They too see the injustice in the oligarchy of the alicorns- need I mention that Equestria has never had a vote? We should be running to them with open arms, as they will free youfrom the alicorn oppressors, liberating you to become the people you could be.

Meanwhile, while we fight our friends- we extend an open hoof to our real enemies. The Changelings are a pack of ravenous, shapeshifting, lying, beasts. That Celestia has signed a 'treaty of friendship' with them is the most heinous sign of her crimes against the ponies of Equestria. To be quite honest I suspect she herself has been replaced, but she has been so cowardly in the past that it's quite possible she really is this stupid. Fight the changelings, openly, constantly. They are our true enemy here, and if a single life is lost defending them I would accuse Princess Celestia of treason. They seek to steal our very life force, and will stop at nothing to get it. We must destroy them with all of our force. If you wonder why I hate them so, ask Celestia. Have her explain to you the events of thirty years ago, and have her explain to you why she had covered this up, lied to her own people, and refused to do anything about it. I will never get my son back, but you can prevent it from ever happening again by crushing the hive and driving those creatures back into myth.

Princess Twilight Sparkle. Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. Who are these people? As near as I can tell the first is merely a talented student of the magical arts, and the second doesn't appear to have done anything of major import before the invasion of Canterlot. So, why then, are they raised superior to the average pony? Why then, do they get a vote on important issues- while the mayor of a city does not? This is yet another example of the alicorn oligarchy rearing it's ugly head and dominating everything. Raising the sun or the moon is respectable in it's own way, but what have these two done to earn even a modicum of respect? Drive them out first, they are the weakest. Their fall will herald a new beginning of equality for all. All will fall or rise on their own merits, not the will of immortals.

With regards to the alicorn oligarchy, be mindful of the past. They took command of the nation not because of a vote, by justice, or by force- they took command because nobody else would. For a time, this was just. For a time. Now, there are others that would lead by justice, and certainly others by force. The alicorns are just as weak as the rest of us were it not for their magic, but they are far too cowardly to use it to full effect. They oppress us by leading us forever, never allowing us to taste the sting of defeat or the thrill of victory. A stagnant future with no risk or reward is no life, it's merely going through the motions of living.

To defeat oppressors do not strike at them openly, they expect this and will simply brand you as 'evil', and serve out 'justice'. Strike at the industries, burn the crops, attack the population. Revolt, riot, and protest. Use the freedom of speech and press against them, force them against the wall. They are cowards, and will not do anything they see as 'evil' to stop you. They will quit long before doing anything that would earn them the right to rule, and so their power should be taken from them. If they do fight, and we are defeated, then I lay defeated knowing I still improved the world, for a powerful leader that is willing to do what they must is worth of my respect. Celestia is not this ruler, nor her sister, nor the rest of them.

To live without risk of death is to not live at all.

Overthrow the alicorn oligarchy, and live

Furthermore, I am offering through an agent in the field the price of 100,000 bits to the first pony, griffon, or even treacherous changeling to put an end to [REDACTED], and [REDACTED]. See it done.

PreviousChapters Next