• Published 29th Jan 2014
  • 775 Views, 16 Comments

The Spread - Radioactive Cheese



A zombie apocalypse in Equestria? How will the ponies survive with scarce food, weapons, and shelter?

  • ...
11
 16
 775

Chapter 7: The final task (Doctor Whooves)

As the train entered the Crystal Empire, I saw how nice and sunny it looked. The others noticed it too. It took me only a second to realize why it was so nice. "It's because of the Crystal Heart." I said. "It was made to prevent any evil forces from entering. Because zombies are technically an presence, they're blocked off. Anyone bitten on the other hand- I mean hoof, they can still enter. That's the only way any zombies can get in." I stopped the train at the train station and informed everyone that we're here. The crystal ponies looked at us funny as we stepped off of the train. "Okay," I started telling the group, "let me handle this. *Ahem* Hello! I'm the Doctor. We're a group of survivors from the zombie outbreak that started about 3 months ago. Don't worry, none of us are bitten. You might not want to go in the train, though, unless you've got the stomach. Anyways, we heard that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are here. If so, can you please lead us to their general direction?" The ponies told us that they were in the castle with Princess Cadence.

We walked up the steps and entered the castle. We were greeted by Cadence and Shining Armor. They talked more to Twilight and attended her to medical treatment. Rarity and I decided to talk to Luna and Celestia. "Hello. Um, we heard that you two might know about a cure for this outbreak."

"Yes." Celestia replied. "There is a cure. But, only alicorns have authority to open it. We were sent here before we could give it out. My sister and I have tried going back, but the guards won't let us leave. They insist that we stay here, where it's safe. Perhaps I can give you, Rarity, authority to open the vault containing the cure." Rarity nodded and accepted the honor. "Very well. I shall temporarily grant you my power. Only use this to open the vault. You can only use it once."

"I understand. So, where is the cure?" Rarity asked.

"Back at Canterlot." Luna replied. "It's in the throne room, behind the throne. I wouldn't recommend you to go alone. Take somepony to watch your back. I'd go, but my sister has already told you why I can't." Rarity and I nodded in understanding. We turned around and headed back to the others.

"Good luck my little ponies!" Celestia said to us.
"A new adventure awaits us Rarity. This is the last quest before we end this whole apocalypse. Let's get this done as fast as possible. Allons-y!" We ran out the door and into the sunlight. The others were waiting for us at the front of the castle. Rarity explained everything and what the plan was. Me and her were originally going to go alone, but Rainbow Dash insisted that she went with us. Scootaloo vowed to join as well. Well, here we go. We're about to end this whole epidemic. We can truly say that we survived.

During the train ride, I decided to check on the others. Rarity was telling the others about her accomplishment. Apparently, she finished her garment. I decided to get closer to see what was so special about it.

"It's zombie proof." she started. "It has pads inside the sleeves to protect you from getting bitten. Same with the neck area. This suit covers your whole body except for your face. Sort of like a scuba suit. The pockets here are for holding equipment. I have a couple of holsters on the waist section. This is the perfect zombie repellent. I'll wear it as we enter Canterlot. I want the rest of you to stay on the train."

Rainbow Dash stood up, "No way, I'm coming with you." She turned to me, "Doctor, you take care of Scootaloo." Rarity and Rainbow Dash started arguing as to who should go and who should stay. I just sat there and watched them. After a while, I became furious, "All right, listen up! Rainbow Dash, you stay with Scootaloo. I'll go with Rarity." I went and tore off the break lever to use as a sword. "We are getting that cure and we are going to save Equestria. Better yet, how about we all go? We can cover more ground that way. Any questions?" There was a moment of silence. "No? Good." I opened up the doors, "Allons-y!"