• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 662 Views, 6 Comments

Everlasting Paradise - Spark_of_Friendship



Argent is flung into a world of dark secrects and evil corporations. And ponies. Lots of ponies.

  • ...
 6
 662

Chapter 4: A Pony For A Son

Chapter 4: A Pony For a Son

Argent was confronting his parents.

"So, you see, I don't know how long I'm going to be a pony... I'm sure Twilight will find something eventually. But for the time being-"

"Why should we let you back?" his father said in a gruff voice.

Argent's eyes watered with tears.

"It's just not practical, dearie," said his mother. "You have no idea how difficult it would be to keep this quiet."

His father nodded. "Besides, there's the matter of your punishment."

"P-punishment?" squeaked Argent, "but, I was practically kidnapped-"

"HOW WERE WE TO KNOW OF THAT?!" roared Argent's father. "Your mother and I were worried sick! Not to mention all this "Brony" nonsense you've been keeping from us!"

"But, Dad, I-"

"No. Come back when you at least look like my son."

They faded away, leaving Argent alone in the darkness, sobbing.

"No... Please... I don't know how... It's not my fault..."

As Argent looked around, he saw his friends receive similar rejections from their parents. So much for that, he guessed.

After all, who wants a pony for a son?

~~~

"Argent, are you okay? Argent?"

Who was that, again? Where was he? This didn't feel like his bed...

The events of the previous day flooded Argent's mind like a bittersweet chocolate river. He groaned.

"Serene Breeze?"

"Yes?"

"Tell me. Did... Did yesterday actually happen?"

"Well... Yeah, of course it did. Did you hit your head before you went to bed or something?"

At this, Argent opened his eyes. The blue-green pegasus smiled warmly. Argent wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Hey, Serene... I've been thinking. What's going to happen if we can't change back?"

Serene's eyes widened. "I-I don't know what might happen. I don't know what I would tell my parents..."

"Exactly. What... What would our family do? What would they tell us? Do you think they would take us back?" Argent was starting to cry again.

"Argent, I-"

"BREEEEEAAKFAST! GET UP, YOU LAZY PONIES!"

Argent and Serene rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Bon Bon stood menacingly next to Lyra, who toiled over pan-fulls of eggs and hay bacon. "YOU'VE GOT A-" She suddenly started coughing, doubling over as Lyra gently patted her back. After the coughing fit passed, she spoke in a much lighter, nicer voice. "You have a Pinkie Introduction Party in just a few hours, so Lyra volunteered to make breakfast."

The four turned to Lyra with quizzical faces. "It's part of Bon Bon's condition," she explained, "Her voice changes every time she has a coughing fit. Now, enough of that, it's time for breakfast!"

~~~

The four now-ponies relaxed under a nearby apple tree, full to the brim with Lyra's delicious cooking.

"So guys," Argent began, "We get one of Pinkie's famous introduction parties today." Mark shuddered at the mention of the explosive pink pony.

"I just want to go home," he said. " I just want to get out of here, back to being human. I hate being a pony." Mark closed his eyes. "I'm not a brony. I never wanted any of this. So what if they're real? It doesn't mean I should become a brony like all of you guys."

Serene placed a hoof on his shoulder. "Mark, I'm sorry I got you dragged into all this. If I hadn't grabbed you when that man appeared-"

"Hold on there," Ross interjected, "I saw a man just before I came here, too."

"Me too," said Argent. "A guy wearing a grey and purple robe, right?" The other three nodded. "I bet there's a connection."

Ross, who was about to start putting two and two together, had his train of thought rudely derailed by a screaming pink blur heading worriedly fast towards them.

"HEY YOU GUYS! WE GOTTA PREPARE FOR THE PARTY!"

Mark shuddered and hid himself behind the tree. "Oh no, nononono-" He was cut off as the pink blur came to an impossibly fast stop directly in front of them. The gust of wind that resulted smelled vaguely of cotton candy.

"Alright, everypony come with me, we have a lot of planning to do!" The four reluctantly followed Pinkie down the street. "Now, normally, this would be a surprise party, but you guys already knew about it so I thought that it would be kind of a waste of time. Now, you get to help me set it up!" Pinkie grabbed Mark by the tail and dragged him screaming towards Sugarcube Corner, the other three ponies trailing behind casually.

~~~

Meanwhile, deep within the bowels of the library, Twilight, who was engaged in a long conversation via mirror with Celestia, was beginning to get seriously worried.

"Princess, what the hay is going on?!"

"Twilight, I can't tell you. Not yet."

"But... But I'm your best student! You can tell me anything!"

Celestia shook her head firmly. "Not this time. Just make sure to have the Elements on you at all times, understood?"

"Yes, Princess."

"Good. I'll send them through now." A ripple flowed through the mirror as the large box was transported magically. It fell with a loud bump onto the wooden floor of the library. "Good luck, Twilight Sparkle. Do not forget what we have planned."

Luna walked up behind the princess and tapped her quietly on the shoulder with her hoof. She muttered a few words to her, and quietly exited the room. Celestia turned back to Twilight.

"My student, there has been a slight change of plans. Coelum appears to be transitioning faster than expected."

"Wait, Princess! Who's Coelum? What in Equestria is happen-"

"Meet me in Canterlot as soon as possible. Waste no time."

And with that the mirror hardened, leaving Twilight alone in the dark once again.

~~~

"Wow Pinkie, this looks amazing!"

Argent, Ross, and Serene Breeze had finally caught up to Pinkie and Mark, the latter of which was hurriedly monitoring the various baked treats being prepared. Pinkie, on the other hoof, was putting the finishing touches on the decorations. The whole place

"Thanks, Ross, it means a lot! Of course, it wouldn't make a difference if Mark hadn't put so much hard work into the baking! He's the amazing one!"

"Pinkie," Mark shouted from the kitchen, "Another batch of cupcakes are done!" The said batch of cupcakes floated through the kitchen door and into Pinkie's hooves. As the pink pony began tossing the cupcakes decoratively onto a platter, Ross clapped his hooves appreciatively.

"Well done Mark, you figured out levitation!"

"Huh?" The sound of clattering dishes could be heard through the door. "Oh, yeah, it's cool." Ross looked over at Serene expectantly.

"He takes his cooking really seriously," she explained, "He can be like this for hours, right up to the point someone takes a bite. It's surprising that you even got an answer." Ross nodded seriously, as if adding that to his mental notes.

The ponies worked hard into the afternoon, with Mark putting the Corner's baking ovens to good use. Serene Breeze and Argent hung decorations around the large dining room. Ross and Pinkie organized and decorated the rest of Sugarcube Corner. When it was all done, the five exhausted ponies were greeted with some pre-party punch from Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Everypony chatted over what ponies they wanted to meet first, with Pinkie chiming in about exactly how to mingle with ponies at a welcome party properly, because it would be pretty silly if they did it wrong.

Twilight burst through the doors. Her mane was frazzled and unkempt, and she gritted her teeth as she spoke.

"Pinkie, put this on." She tossed a small golden necklace at the pink pony, emblazoned with a gem in the shape of a balloon. "You four, come with me. We have a lot to talk about."

~~~