• ...
 4
 923

Chapter 4: A Past, A Future and A Present.

What felt like hours, Dawn finally made contact with the dusty ground floor that the spiral stairs lead to. She was perfectly level to finally see how tall the dark towers were. She never felt so small in her life. The ground underneath was different to the usual dirt paths she was used to walking on and there seemed to be two different types of paths: small ones that seemed to outline the buildings and a bigger one with white dotted lines on it that laid in-between the smaller paths. There was something wrong with the big path she was currently on as it had two ends that seemed to go somewhere but end up going into a solid rock wall. Dawn started to follow on of the big paths as her curiosity of the place grew even more upon seeing it. Even though the dark towers were intimidating, something about the place, weirdly enough, felt like she had been here before, like a child who left home for a while and just returned.

She carried on limping down the big path, looking at each differently shaped tower, wondering why no-pony had heard of this place before. Or, have they but they just kept it a secret? So many questions were going through the purple pony's head that it felt like it was going to overload. In fact, the strain caused Dawn to have a powerful migraine. Distorted by the sudden pain, Dawn seeks aid to holding her head. But during the stumble to a wall, Dawn hears a metal clang as she accidently kicks a metal disc that had been lodged into the ground.

"Huh?" Dawn reacted, as she felt the object under her hoof.

A blue flashing light start beeping off from the centre of the disc as a robotic voice emitted from the device.

"Audio Recording Log: 78. Science Officer John Cooper:-"Been a couple of days since I took the first one in. Now they want me to look after a second one? I would love to take care of them but my apartment isn't bigger enough for the three of us. Guess I could find some way of making space for the other one, The Government don't really take no easily. Apparently this one is the sister of the first one, DNA wise anyway, so this should be interesting in seeing their interaction with each other. The funny thing is the new one has different marks on her rear as supposed to her sister. This one has a..."

The device was crushed as a metal spear lands on it. Dawn followed the metal spear to the now looming shadow which was looking down to her.

"Illegal Life-form detected. Objective: Kill." As a whirling of machine was heard Dawn took nature's instinct and ran. Bullets ripped into the now empty space where she stood. Running was hard to do due to her limp but she couldn't feel the pain as the fear of her life now ran in charge of her mind. A strange low humming sound could be heard, so Dawn looked back and saw the machine that was after all was hovering to her.
Another round of bullets ripped into the ground as Dawn tried her best to dodge them, but in her attempt to brush against death she gets leg-tied and is sent forward face-planting the floor. Her body went into a spring like motion as she was sent flying into the air. Her body smacked against a wall of one of the towers as her head followed. Everything went to black as the purple pony was sent unconscious.

Dawn awoke in her bed, but something was different. She was younger. Her mom checked in on her.

"Everything okay?" She asked in her usual sweet tone.

"Yeah, mom. Just worried about school tomorrow." Dawn replied, now sitting up from her covers. "Hey, mom? Can I ask you something?"
Dawn's mom looked to the young filly and walked up to her. "Sure dear, what's on your mind?" She sat down on the bed, beside Dawn.

"I was wondering..." Dawn paused, thinking how to say it or if she should even ask. "I was wondering, why have people started being mean to me? After I got my Cutie Mark, It's like, I was found to be the one who bought Discord back."

Dawn's mom sighed. She looked down to the floor. "I guess it's time you knew the truth." She looked up to the wall. "You see, Dawn, You aren't the first Pony to have History as their speical talent. There was another."

Dawn looked puzzled. "But how does that pony explain why people are treating me like this?" She asked, not sure what her mom was getting at.

"Dawn, How exactly are the other Ponies treating you?" Dawn's mom asked. Dawn never really gave her speicfic detail to how the bullies were treating her.

Dawn looked down as she cleared her thoat. "Some just shun me. Like I wasn't there, like I didn't exist. Like where I stood was just a blank hole."

"And the others, the ones that don't shun you?" Dawn's mom asked.

"T-They either call me names or..." She paused. The memories of the old school flooding back in. "...Or beat me. Like a...PiƱata" Tears started to run down from her eyes.

Dawn's mom hugged her. "That's how they treated him. The pony before. He went against Celestia. Claiming that what she told us about our past was lies. It was harmless before but over time he grew more...insane. Over his claims and due to how people was treating him." Dawn's mom continued to explain.

"So, everyone's treating me like this because of some pony that had the same Cutie Mark?" Dawn asked.

"Sadly, Yes, but you know what? They might go around thinking you're the same as Dark Star, but we know you're not." Dawn's mom said, trying to comfort her.

"Was that his name?" Dawn asked.

"Yup, Dark Star, the first Pony Historian. Would have been great if he didn't go insane." Dawn's mom sighed.

"What happened to him, in the end?" Dawn asked, now curious about this character.

"No-one knows. He just vanished." Dawn's mom simply answered. "Now you, It's your first day in this school tomorrow, so you have to go to bed."

"Okay, Mom." Dawn said, tucking herself in. "Good Night Mom." Dawn said, watching her mom walk out the door.

"Good Night Dawn, sweet dreams." Dawn's mom said, smiling to her daughter.

As the young-Dawn hit her head on the pillow, the present Dawn opened her eyes slowly. Her head was pounding like she was in a hangover. It came to a surprise to her she wasn't dead. But then she went a defensive postion as she remembered she was on the run from a killer robot but it wasn't there. In fact, she wasn't in the place she was before. The over-spawning concreate jungle was replaced with what looked like a trashed room.

"You're awake, good. I thought I got there too late and the machine had got'cha." A voice from the shadows called out. It was a male voice with a obvious British accent.

Dawn followed the voice to a darkened out corner where the flickering lights of the ruined room couldn't reach. It was pitch black in that one corner.

"You saved me? T-thanks." She said shaking. She was intimidated by the voice from the void, just like any other pony would be.

"How did you get down here?" The voice asked her. The pitch black looked with him as none of this features could be seen.

"I-Me and some friends went cave exploring. A earthquake caused the tunnel we were travelling to collapsed. I fell into another tunnel which led to this dead end. But it wasn't a dead end but more a lift and. I got here." Dawn explained. "Look, thanks for saving me. Do you know how I can get back to the surface?" Dawn paused and thought for a moment. "And could I see what my saviour looks like?"

You didn't have to see the figure to know he was staring with a glare at that question. A heavy sigh was heard. "Alright. Very well." A cleaking of metal was heard as the shadowy figure gained shape. Revealing to be much taller then a pony.