• ...
 4
 922

Chapter Two: The CMC

The duo walked right past everypony and some interesting sights till they got to a tree that was fitted to be a home. Duskshine knocked on the door and looked to his daughter.
"I know we're rushing abit but once we have you settled in you can explore Ponyville to your hearts content." Duskshine smiled.
"Whoo-hoo." Dawn said sarcastically. The door opened and a small purple bodied, green scaled baby dragon stood there. "Duskshine! You're here Twilight's been waiting for you" The dragon said, looking up to Duskshine.
"I know she is I'm sorry about being late Spike. The carriage was abit slow" Duskshine apologized, partly bowing his head.
"Hey, it's okay, better late then never." He stepped aside and extended his right arm. "Come in, Twilight's in her room preparing things."
Duskshine looked to Dawn and pointed with his head to let her go first. They both walked into the tree house and Dawn's eyes widened when she saw all the books. "Whoa" She said naturally. The only time she saw this many books was in the school library when the bullies weren't there yet.
A door opened with a purple pony with a horn pointing out from her black and purple hair was standing there, a book that must have been reading floating just to her right. "Twilight." Duskshine said with a happy tone. Dawn looked over to where the voice was directed to.
"Duskshine, I thought I heard your voice" Twilight looked to Spike. "Spike, mind taking Dawn to where she'll be sleeping, I just want a word with Duskshine." Spike nodded and walked over to Dawn.
Dawn looked to Duskshine and he nodded as ways of saying go with him. Dawn took a step closer to Spike as he smiled. "Follow me; Twilight picked the best place for you." He said walking off, Dawn followed as Duskshine and Twilight walked into the room Twilight came out from.
Entering a room that was semi-large, Dawn had to admit that the room was alot bigger then her old room. Looking to Spike Dawn opened her mouth to speak. "It's Spike, right?" She asked, remembering what Twilight called him. He over to her.
"Yes, you're Dawn, aren't you? Nice to meet you!" Spike replied with a smile. She nodded to confirm he was right and continued to talk.
"So, you've been in Ponyville just as long as Twilight, right? So you must know if this place as any fun and cool places?" She asked. If she was staying here, might as well know the good spots to go to.
Spike nodded as a response to her question. "Well let me think, There's Sugarcube Corner, that's where Pinkie Pie stays most of the time, if you like parties you'll love her" He was cut off by Dawn when she jumped to him.
"Could you take me there?!" She asked super fast. Dawn might have liked books but she loved to party just as much as the next mare.
Spike was taken back by the suddenly lively Dawn. "Erm, sure, I don't think Twilight would mind" Spike said, thoughtful thinking if he would be allowed to. He didn't see why he wouldn't be.
Dawn smiled with delight that she would get to meet someone interesting at last. "Great! Can we go now?" She asked.
Spike nodded and they both went towards the front door. Duskshine and Twilight were still talking so Spike just left them is thinking they'll be gone and back before she even noticed.
The ponies of Ponyville were wide awake with the sun now up and lighting the ground. It was a Saturday so that meant no school for the fillies that were running around and screaming while they had fun while the older ponies went round doing their usual business.
Spike and Dawn walked to Sugarcube Corner while Spike made it more a mini-tour of Ponyville, telling Dawn what shop sold what while also saying other various sights she might be interested in looking at. Dawn was actually interested in some of the sights he mentioned but kept her thoughts of what Pinkie Pie might be like, a pony that likes to party is best thing to see and if she had some time after she'll explore it.
When they got near to Sugarcube Corner the door busted open as Spike was taken down by a blurring pink object. Dawn spun round fast to see what just shot out and saw a pink pony with curly hair sitting on top of Spike. "Spike! She isn't here yet is she?!" The pink pony shouted.
"She is here, she's standing over there." Spike pointed to Dawn and when the pink pony saw her she jumped in the air gasping and shot back into the building.
Dawn turned to Spike who picked himself up. "You okay? Who was that crazy pony?" Dawn asked, looking back at the now closed door unsure what just happened.
Spike dusted himself up. "That was Pinkie; I guess I forgot to tell you she's a little random."
"A little?" Dawn said, unsure if that was the greatest understatement she ever heard or a joke.
Spike walked to the door and opened it and Dawn walked in a room which was pitching black. "Is there a black out or is it normally like this?" The suddenly lights came on with everyone; Dawn thought she just literally saw a moment ago, shouting surprise.
Dawn took a step back to take in the surprise as Pinkie jumped out from the crowd. "Hey! I'm Pinkie! Boy, you sure shocked me! I thought I had more time to set this up for you!" Said Pinkie, quite fast that Dawn just managed to keep up. "What's your name?" Pinkie asked.
Dawn just blinked and then cleared her throat. "Dawn." She simply said.
"So you are the person who I was told would be here!" Pinkie shouted with delight. "Welcome to Ponyville! I would introduce you to everyone but what better way to meet people is there then partying! So what we waiting for? Let's get the music flowing!" Pinkie shouted to everyone as the room was filled with music.
Dawn sighed with a slight smile. She did want to party, that she had to admit. And it probably was a good idea to get to know everypony. She walked over to a table that had cups and a bowl of punch. She grabbed the handle of the serving spoon and poured the contents into a cup. As she was about to drink she noticed three fillies her age. The three fillies didn't seem to have cuties marks. She drank her drink and walked over to the conversing three. "Er...Hey there." Dawn shyly said. The three stopped talking and turned their attention to Dawn.
"Oh, Hi! You're Dawn, right? You're new to Ponyville, right?" Asked an orange, purple haired filly. Dawn nodded to answer both questions.
"Well Welcome! I'm Scootaloo; this is Sweetie Bell and Applebloom." Scootaloo introduced them all. Each filly saying hi when their name was called. "And we're the Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Scootaloo proclaimed with pride.
"Or the CMC for short" Sweetie Bell added.
"Ooo" Dawn said as she heard the name. "Can I join?" Dawn had never been in a group.
"Ah well you see, The CMC was made to help those who haven't found their Cutie Marks, find them." Scootaloo explained.
"Oh" Dawn replied disappointed.
Scootaloo looked to the others. "What you say guys? Let her join?"
Dawn looked up to them with surprise and hope.
"Ah don't see why not" Applebloom answered.
"She could help her give us some advice...like an Elder!" Sweetie Bell replied.
"But she just recently joined; Elders are people who were here before." Scootaloo told Sweetie Bell
"Oh, then how about an Advisor?" Sweetie Bell asked.
"Yeah, an Advisor!" Scootaloo said, liking the idea. "What'chu say? We let you join if you be our advisor?"
"Of Course I would!" Dawn replied, eager to be part of a group.
"Alright, tomorrow will be your first day as a member of the CMC!" Scootaloo announced. Dawn, Sweetie Bell and Applebloom cheered at the announcement.
"But for now, let's party!" Scootaloo shouted. The fillies shouting yeah and all running off to have fun.
After the party, Duskshine was thanking Pinkie for throwing the party. He went over to Dawn's room. Dawn was laying in bed. "Hey you still awake?" Duskshine asked.
"A little." Dawn replied sleepily. Duskshine smiled.
"So, what'd think of the party? Make any friends?" Duskshine asked.
Suddenly Dawn became alive. "Yeah! I met these three ponies who let me be in their group!" Dawn said excitedly.
"Really? Must have been awesome." Duskshine said smiling as his daughter was happy.
"It was."Dawn answered, happily.
"So...you like it here then?" Duskshine asked.
"It's alright." Dawn said, turning on her side.
"Told you it'll grow on ya." Duskshine commented.
"Hey, I said it's alright, not that I liked it here." She said sarcastically.
Duskshine laughed and turned off the lights. "Night."
"Night." Dawn answered and fell asleep.