• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 1,858 Views, 35 Comments

Split Heritage - Deathlightning21



Follow the Story of Celestia's halfling daughter and her journey

  • ...
12
 35
 1,858

Chapter 1

Celestia huffed and calmly trotted to her room in Castle Canterlot where she ruled over Equestria with just and fairness for all with her sister Luna. It was a tough time in court today with the rising problem with Equestria’s safety from an outside threat that was very close to Celestia. The Princess trotted inside her room and looked around for…

The Princess was then attacked by something small and midnight black. It gripped onto her back tightly in a tight...hug? Celestia looked at the being hugging onto her only to find her daughter, Sunlight, hugging Celestia’s chest to near breathless tightness. Celestia smiled down at her daughter and wrapped her own hoof around her daughter.

“How are you Sunlight?”

Sunlight looked up at her mother with a giant grin on her face. “Good, momma!” Her
grin seem to widen, if it was possible for the filly to manage. “I stayed right here and waited for you to be done talking to the other grown ups.”

Celestia could not hold in her laughter from her daughter’s child like charm. Sunlight was only a few years old and growing up to be a fine mare. Though there was the problem of her changeling half.

“Say momma, can you tell me the story of papa again?”

Celestia had a questioning look on her face. “But I just told you the same story before I left for court.”

Sunlight’s face dropped to a one of mild sadness “But everytime I try to think of it, I forget. You're the best at telling the story too! Not like Aunty Woona who’s way too serious about it.”

Celestia giggled once more “It’s Luna.”

Sunlight let go from her mother and watched her move to the bed “That’s what I said, Woona.”

Celestia climbed onto her bed and patted the space next for her for Sunlight to lay down next to her. Sunlight’s smiled and hopped onto the bed next to her mother. “Are you gonna tell it?”

Celestia simply nodded and Sunlight’s famous grin returned and listen to her mother tell the story.

“In a land quite like ours there ruled a powerful princess pony with her just as powerful princess sister. They ruled for many years, keeping Equestria safe from any harm with the help of their many friends. But the oldest of the two sisters...

“You, momma!”

“Yes, me. Now listen to the story.”

“The oldest started to feel lonesome around her wonderful castle. Sure, she had many friends, family, and many matters to attend to. But her heart felt as if… it was missing something. She had her sister returned to her from her long time away but something was still missing.

“What was it?” Sunlight asked.

“You already know what it is from how many times I have told this story.” Then Celestia gave her a playful look. “Or did you forget again?”

The filly only smiled.

“As I was saying, The Princess did not know what was missing from her heart. So the princess went on a journey to find out. But on the way she encountered an enemy to her kingdom. It was a changeling, races of Equestria that can change their form and drain other’s love right from them.”

“I can do that?” Sunlight asked with a tilted head.

“Not the draining part but you sure as may change your form.”

Sunlight looked at herself then thought long and hard about changing herself into something new but only a sizzle came from her horn. The young half alicorn sighed a disappointed sigh.

Celestia patted her daughter’s head. “Maybe someday soon, now do you want me to keep telling the story?”
Sunlight only nodded.

“The Princess and the Changeling despised each other at first. Apparently the changeling was banished from his hive after his recent folly. The Princess took… an odd pity on the changeling and decided to stay with him for some time. They huddled in a cave and swapped stories of their life. Over the passing days the two decided to put aside their differences to be more like friends. Then from that single choice a beautiful moment of growing their relationship even more, filling the princesses heart and bringing hope for a friendship towards the Changelings and the Ponies of Equestria.”

Celestia finished her story and looked upon her daughter cutely nuzzled into Celestia’s warm fur and sleeping soundly.

“You will have to tell her eventually, sister.”

Celestia looked to the voice to see Luna emerge from the shadows with a serious look on her face.

“I’m not in the mood for this Luna.” Celestia tore her attention away from her sister and back to the calmly sleeping halfling next to her.

“If you do not tell her then I will.” Luna made the mistake of taking a single step forward.

Celestia’s head snapped back to Luna with the sun’s wrath blazing in her eyes. “You will speak nothing of this to her!”
Luna quickly took her hoof back to where it once was.

Celestia’s emotions calmed down and snuffed the blaze in her eyes “Please, let me just enjoy this while I still can… when she comes of age to understand… then I’ll tell her everything about her, what is happening with the Changelings… and whom she truly shares her blood with.”

Luna nodded and left the room in silence to let her sister cherish the moment with her daughter.

Celestia sighed and drapped a wing over Sunlight. “A day will come when you will have to chose for yourself… And I hope that day never comes. Because the choices you will have to make will weigh heavily on us all. I swear as your mother that I will do my best to shield you till that day arrives.” She leaned down and placed a kiss on her daughter’s forehead, “Goodnight Sunlight,” then blew out the single light of the royal bedroom with a simple magic spell from her horn.