• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 948 Views, 36 Comments

The Pinkie in Applejack's eye - zootxjanice



Applejack and Rainbow Dash get a classic case of "lady trouble" when they discover new feelings for Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

  • ...
6
 36
 948

Untitled Triumphant Return Chapter

As Big Macintosh laid on his back upon the roof of the barn, he stared at the starry night that shined above Sweet Apple Acres. As he sucked on his straw of hay, he noticed his sister Applejack tiredly running through the front entrance of the farm. With the expression on her face, he could tell she had been through something traumatic, so it'd be best to talk about it. Or rather let her talk about it while he listens, as we've all come to expect from the colt. Suddenly Big Mac shot a glare at the sky.(Oops, said that out loud.)

Getting past that, Big Mac let out a small, but powerful whistle, signaling his sister of his location. She took note of the sound and headed towards the direction. As soon as she had reached the top of the ladder that led to the roof, she wasted no time in taking a seat next to her brother. After a moment of silence, Big Mac finally broke it.

"The apples made it to Sugarcube Corner?"

"Eeyup." Applejack replied in her impression voice.

"So where's the bits?" He asked causing Applejack to jump.

"Uh bits? I-I don't remember anything about bits. Oh wait! The bits from Pinkie Pie? You wanted those bits tonight? Oh wow, what a mix up. The important thing is that the apples are delivered." Applejack said with a slight blush.

"Sis, when I sent you to deliver a crate of apples, I assumed ya'd come back with the profits, or at least the crate! What could've possibly distracted you from your task?" Applejack soon fell into a silence as she remembered the incident that recently took place. "Well?" Big Mac asked impatiently.

"Um, well. When I got there, Pinkie tackled me as soon as I got in." Big Mac gave a nod in confirmation. "Then after I got up, we played a game of 'Truth or truth.' and..."

"Wait wait wait...'truth or truth?' That's what'cha said?" He asked confusedly.

"Don't ask. Anyway, during which time we exchanged stories."

"Alright. Then when did you forget the bits?" Applejack's eyes widened as soon as he asked.

"Um...w-well I..." She stuttered.

"C'mon. It can't be that bad. What, did ya see her 'personal parts' or somethin?" He joked.

"Shut up! Don't remind me!" She yelled, but soon covered her mouth soon after. Big Mac paused a couple of beats.

"Wait wha?" He asked surprised.

"I said 'don't remind me!' I don't even wanna think about what I've seen tonight." Applejack said with a shudder.

"What exactly did you see?" Big Mac asked with uncertainty. Applejack couldn't hide it anymore and let out a sigh.

"I saw...Pinkie Pie's flank okay?" She asked with her head lowered.

"Oh, please tell me she was wearin pants or somethin." Applejack's head was raised immediately.

"Of course she was wearin pants! That's the only good part about all this!"

"Alright calm dow..." Big Mac was suddenly interrupted.

"Okay. One thing you do NOT wanna do is tell me to calm down! It's like it's just stuck in my head! Both of the small, pink, tight..."

"Whoa whoa! Don't put it in my head!" He protested, even though he'd love it more than Cheerilee. I mean he couldn't even make a move on her in his normal state. Big Mac shot another glare at the sky. (Oops. Out loud again.)

"This is all yer fault. You have to help me!" Applejack said angrily.

"I'll help ya if you stop talkin about it!"

"Deal!" She said graciously.

"Now, have you at least tried to forget about it?"

"Of course I have! But every time I tried, it just appeared everywhere! Even the setting sun looked like it." Applejack reminisced.

"Hmm, maybe you do have a problem. Okay your brain obviously needs closure to move on."

"My brain needs what now?" Applejack asked confusedly.

"Closure. That means if the brain isn't over something, then it has to see it one more time to move on." He explained.

"Wait...are you sayin that I need to look at Pinkie's flank again?!"

"Eeyup." Big Mac replied with his catchphrase.

"Blasphemy! You just wanna see me embarrass myself!"

"Even though that would be downright funny, I'm tellin the truth. Like, remember the time I walked in on Granny Smith's 'me time' when I was ten?" He asked.

"Oh yeah. Boy it's a good thing your coat color is red, cause you were blushin for hours!" Applejack said with a laugh.

"Exactly, and when I went to apologize the next day she did it again, and soon after, I got over it." He said with a sincere smile.

"My Celestia. Well Bro, looks like your genius is showing again." She said getting a chuckle out of Big Mac. "No seriously. Pull your pants up boy." She said with a smirk as she climbed down the ladder.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hang on!" Pinkie stopped. "Applejack, how can a brain need closure? It's a brain!"

"Well, because naturally, I needed to get your rear out of my head, so by lookin at it one more time, I could move on. Like that show you watch. Remember when the raccoon needed to listen to that song again to get it out of his head?"

"Well yeah, but him and his friends ended up having a rock battle with that giant tape." Pinkie contradicted.

"Uhh, let's just go to Rainbow's part of the story." Applejack said defeated.

"Ooh! Do we get to see how Dashie starts her day?" Pinkie asked excitedly.

"Yeah Pinks, but it ain't gonna be pretty." Applejack said going back to her laptop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash woke up from her slumber with a long yawn and a stretch of her arms. After her wings stretched, they slowly carried her down to her kitchen. As she rode through the air, she couldn't get the recurring dream she had out of her mind.

~RAINBOW DREAM TRANSITION~

Rainbow Dash was flying around the field, practicing some tricks. She was about to do a 360 on a skateboard shaped cloud, but all of a sudden she was distracted by her. Standing nearby cheering for her was none other than Fluttershy. The sun shone brightly on her long, flowing, pink locks. As she jumped up and down, Dash took note of her rather large breasts bouncing with her. This sent the tomboy over the edge, literally! She was so distracted by Fluttershy's beauty, that she didn't pay attention to her current actions and landed face first into a tree.

"Ohmygoodnessohmygoodness!" She heard Fluttershy yell as she quickly approached. When Rainbow's body finally peeled off the tree bark, she found the back of her head landing on Fluttershy's soft lap.

"Even when she's crying she's cute." Rainbow thought as she looked up at the crying mare.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked with distress in her voice.

"Yeah, just gotta shake it off." Rainbow said as she lifted her head up and attempted to fly off but was quickly stopped by a pair of arms wrapping around her waist.

"Please stay." She begged. Rainbow blushed as she lowered herself to sit face to face with her, which resulted with a tight hug from Fluttershy. Rainbow hesitantly hugged back, taking notice of their surroundings. They weren't in the field anymore, but instead in vast darkness. Her thoughts were interrupted as Fluttershy pulled away to look at her injured friend. With no consideration for Dash's feelings, she slowly leaned her head forward as she closed her eyes. As Dash's eyes widened, she followed Fluttershy's actions and leaned forward too. It wasn't long until their muzzles were merely an inch from eachother's until they finally...

~REALITY TRANSITION~

"It just ends like that! Why the buck would it just end with that?!" Rainbow exclaimed as she poured her cereal into the bowl sitting in front of her. "I mean sure it's a dream...but why would it just end before anything else happened?" She thought. "I must be crazy." She shrugged as she was adding milk to her breakfast concoction.

Soon after taking a shower, Rainbow's attire changed from a tanktop and shorts to a T-shirt and shorts. As she exited through the front door, she took a deep breath of the morning dew, awaiting the possibilities of a new day. For her first trick of the day, she fell backwards off the cloud holding her mansion and plummeted toward the ground. When all hope seems lost for her, the wings on her back open up and send her soaring through midair. As she flew, she took note of the scenery going by her. She never noticed how beautiful it was.

"Maybe I should slow down more often?" She wondered. "Nah." She came out of her thoughts when she heard a soft voice call out to her.

"Good morning Rainbow Dash!" She looked down to see that she was flying right over Fluttershy. The dream returned to Rainbow's head as she looked down at her, but shrugged it off.

"Hey Fluttershy. Where ya headed?" She asked.

"Oh, just over to Sugarcube Corner." She replied cheerfully.

"Really? What a coincidence! Me too!" She replied rather quickly. "What was that? I have nowhere I need to be!" She thought.

"Okay, wanna walk with me?" Fluttershy asked with a small smile.

"Uh, yeah sure." She said as she lowered herself to the ground and caught up to Fluttershy's side. "Huh, never noticed how tall I am compared to Fluttershy." Rainbow thought as she looked over to see the top of Fluttershy's head just slightly under her eye level. Fluttershy looked over to see Rainbow Dash staring at her.

"What?" She asked with a giggle.

"Uh, nothin!" Rainbow replied as she once again looked front. "So, what are you going to Sugarcube Corner for?" She asked breaking the silence.

"Just picking up some treats for the pets. Are you picking some up for yours?"

"Uh...yeah! Tank really loves those...yep!" Rainbow said as she managed a slight blush. Fluttershy just lightly giggled at Dash's choice of words. "Man she is so CUTE! Wait...SHUT UP MIND!" Fluttershy looked at her friend in confusion, as Rainbow realized that she had yelled the last part out loud.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked confusedly.

"N-nopony. Somethin just hit me that's all." Rainbow said not seeing the tree that she just ran into. As soon as she removed her body from the bark, she soon began to fall backwards. She would've had pain in the back of her head if it hadn't landed on Fluttershy's lap.

"Are you okay?" She asked looking down at her.

"Oh buck! My dream! Wait...it's just a coincidence. I mean, what are the odds that the tree would just be there?" She thought in her mind as she realized Fluttershy still needed an answer. "Uh yeah, I'll just shake it off, and I'll be fine." She said as she got up, but was immediately stopped by a hand grabbing her arm.

"Wait! Please stay!" She pleaded.

"For what?" Rainbow asked hesitantly, as she knew what might happen.

"So I can take care of your forehead!" She said like it was the most life threatening cut in the world, but frankly, Rainbow didn't give two bits.

"But..."

"No buts! Sit down!...please." She said as she almost neared tears. Rainbow couldn't bare to see her pal cry, so she obeyed orders and sat right back down as Fluttershy got out a rag.

"Fluttershy, what are you...?"

"Shhhh." She silenced as she pulled out a small bottle from her small backpack and dampened the rag with the contents. "Now this may sting a little." She said as she raised the rag near the patient's forehead.

"Wait, why would it hurAHHH! Son of a...!" Rainbow almost finished, but stopped herself as she knew better than to use fowl language around Fluttershy. After about ten seconds flat, it stopped stinging. "Whoa, where'd you learn to do that?" She asked surprised.

"Oh, I um...took a course at Nurse Redheart's First Aid class a couple of years ago." She said as she removed the rag.

"What for?"

"N-nothing. It's silly." She said with a nervous smile.

"Aw come on. You can tell me anything, I mean we are best friends right?"

"...that's exactly why I did it." Fluttershy said after a few beats.

"Wait what?" Rainbow asked.

"I did it because you're my best friend. I know you like to do those tricks of yours, and I can't prevent you from doing them, so...I just wanna be prepared...in case something bad happens." She said as she took out a bandage and stuck it on Rainbow's slowly healing wound.

"She did all that for me? And I thought I was the loyal one!" Rainbow thought.

"Feeling better?" Fluttershy asked.

"Uh yeah! Thanks Fluttershy!"

"No problem." Fluttershy said before planting a kiss on Rainbow's forehead, leaving her speechless.

"What was that for?" Rainbow asked rubbing the spot.

"I heard kisses make everything better!" Fluttershy said before helping her up.

~MEANWHILE~

While Applejack was walking to Sugarcube Corner to retrieve her legal tender, she was contemplating on whether or not she needed to retrieve something else.

"Okay, Big Macintosh said I have to look at it one more time, and I'll be over it. 'course if I'm not over it then I'm gonna wanna see more. Wait! Don't be a pervert AJ! It's just a flank. Everypony has one, I'm a girl, she's a girl. Perfectly normal." Applejack thought as she was a couple yards away from her destination.

"Yo AJ!" She heard a voice call behind her, and soon found Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy walking towards her.

"Mornin Ya'll. Ooh, Rainbow what happened to yer forehead?" She asked motioning to the bandage.

"Uh...just wasn't lookin and hit a tree...hey there's Sugarcube Corner!" She pointed out before speeding towards the bakery. Applejack and Fluttershy soon followed her inside. The sweet aroma of sweets and delights were soon drowned out from their nostrils by perfume and mint. They looked towards the counter to see Rarity talking to Pinkie Pie.

"I must say, the Cakes must really think you're responsible to take care of this place while they're gone." Rarity said in astonishment.

"Yep! Before you know it, I'll be known as the most super DUPER responsible pony ever!" Pinkie Pie said as she hugged herself. Before she continued her conversation, she spotted Applejack walking in and did a front flip over the counter to run over and stop right in front of her. "Applejack! Y'know you left your money here last night? Well, I guess you did know since you said, 'I'll get it tomorrow!', and now that you're here you can finally get it!"

Applejack couldn't even respond, as her attention was on Pinkie's breasts pressing up against hers. Even if Pinkie's weren't all that big.

"HEY!" Pinkie shouted angrily.

"Uh, yep! I'm just here to collect the bits. So uh...ya mind gettin 'em?" Applejack asked uncomfortably while Pinkie's nose was practically touching hers.

"Yesindeedy!" Pinkie said before pulling out a small bag from the curls in her hair. "Here ya go!"

"Thanks. Hey Pinkie. Part of the reason I came over was..."

"WAIT! Before you say anything, can you do me one small favor?" She asked as she pressed her fingertips together.

"Well sure, but..."

"GREAT! I need you to find Twilight and/or Spike. I'm handing out test samples before we open, and I wanna make sure all my best friends are here for them!"

"Well alright but can I just...?"

"Sure you can have some! Just bring them back soon okay?" Pinkie said as she playfully shoved Applejack out the door.

"Great." Applejack said before letting out a sigh. "Well, at least I have some time to think about what I'll say." Unfortunately that statement would prove to be untrue, as she had spotted her alicorn friend. "Why howdy Ms. Sparkle." She greeted with a tip of her hat.

"Oh hello Applejack. What are you up to today?" Twilight asked cheerfully.

"Just lookin fer you. Pinkie's handin out free samples for the gang and I, you in?"

"Can Spike come too? Since he's out with me and all."

"Sure! But I don't see him, all I see is a full grown dragon who happens to look exactly like...SPIKE?!" She exclaimed as she saw Spike, only he wasn't the baby dragon she knew, he was leaner and taller, but only by a few inches compared to her. "I...I don't...how did...?" She stuttered.

"She cast a spell on me, messed it up, and now I'm sixteen. Can I please stop telling this story already?" Spike asked with slight irritation.

"Wow. That voice is deep." Applejack thought with a slight blush. "Well anyway, shall we get goin?"

"Sure! Coming Spike?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah yeah yeah..." Spike replied glumly.

"Is he okay?" Applejack whispered to Twilight.

"Yeah, he's just afraid the girls won't like him in this new form."

"What? That's ridiculous. Just because he grew a couple of feet, and is waaaay skinnier..."

"I have really good hearing y'know." Spike called behind them.

"Well nevertheless, you're still our Spike we know and love." Applejack said with a wink, which caused a shy, averted gaze from the drake. As Applejack walked in, she didn't expect the tackle that came from Pinkie Pie. "Pinkie! What in the hay is the meanin of,MNPH!" Was all she let out as a cupcake was shoved in her mouth.

"Sooo, did you find Twilight and/or Spike?" Pinkie asked. Applejack couldn't even answer. Not just because of the cupcake in her mouth, but she was also nervous from the close, physical contact she was having with the party girl, but she ignored it and pointed at the door in which Twilight walked through. Pinkie instantly stopped straddling her friend and jumped up to hug her leader.

"Dang it. That could've lasted longer...wait, SHUT UP MIND!" Applejack thought angrily.

"Oh Twilight I'm so happy to see you! Well, I mean I'm always happy to see you, but I'm super suuuuper happy to see you!" Pinkie shouted excitedly.

"That's great Pinkie! Could you please do me one favor?" Twilight asked sounding out of breath. Pinkie looked up in her eyes to pay attention.

"Please let me go!" She pleaded as the tightness of the hug was suffocating her. Pinkie Pie pouted as she let her drop to the floor. It was at that moment when Spike finally walked into the store. Rainbow Dash was the second to be shocked.

"Dude! What happened to you?!" She asked while examining his arm.

"You're like the same, but different. I mean, if that's not offensive to you." Fluttershy said quietly.

"Wowie girls! Look at his tail!" Pinkie Pie said while examining his now extended tail.

"And you're so...tall! Whatever did happen to you dear?" Rarity said while trying to touch his head spines. Applejack wasn't an expert at emotions, but she was getting the feeling that this scene was making Twilight a little agitated.

"Okay! You wanna know what happened!? I was being a featherhead, and accidentally turned Spike into a teenager! So can I have my cupcake now?" Pinkie slowly gave the egghead her cupcake in shock.

"So what are ya'll doin out here then?"Applejack asked after finally getting her cupcake down.

"Well, I don't know how long I'll be like this, so we came to ask Rarity if she'll make me a set of new cloth,WAH!" Before he knew it, Spike was being grabbed from the arm by the mare in question.

"Of course! There's no time to waste!" Rarity agreed excitedly.

"Hey wait, don't I get a cupcaaaake?!" Spike yelled as he was being dragged down the streets of Ponyville.

"Oh boy, I'd better follow them before she makes him a pair of ballet tights. See you girls later!" Twilight said as she left Sugarcube corner too, leaving the rest of the Mane 6.

"So, what'd you guys think of the samples?" Pinkie asked.

"They were so. Freaking. Delicious." Rainbow said bluntly.

"Just delightful." Fluttershy added.

"I would've preferred if you hadn't shoved it in my mouth." Applejack spoke truthfully.

"Well I'm glad you liked them, now I know I'll be able to sell them! Speaking of which, it's almost that time!" Pinkie sang as she ran over to the open/closed sign hanging on the door. "Wait for it!" Pinkie said as she looked at her watch. "Waait foor iit!" Pinkie repeated. "Waaii..."

"Will you turn the sign already?!" Rainbow asked impatiently.

"Aaand...NOW!" Pinkie said as she turned the sign and pulled out a noisemaker from her skirt pocket and gave a hearty blow so loud, that her friends hair got pulled back. "Oops...sorry." Pinkie said sheepishly.

"That's okay. If I could be your first customer, could I please purchase those treats I asked for?" Fluttershy asked while putting her hair back in place.

"Sure thing Flutters!"

"Here ya go! That'll be ten bits!" Pinkie said as she easily held five bags of pet treats.

"Here you go." Fluttershy said as she put the money on the counter.

"And here you go!" Pinkie said as she lugged the bags over the counter and sent them towards Fluttershy. She would've been crushed if it hadn't been for a certain rainbow haired pegasus catching the bags.

"Hey, careful will ya?!" Rainbow said annoyed.

"Oops! Sorry!" Pinkie once again said sheepishly.

"Um, i-it's alright." Fluttershy stuttered as her heart started beating again.

"Alright Fluttershy, am I takin these back to your place?" Rainbow asked as she held the bags on her shoulder.

"W-wait, you're offering to carry them?!" Fluttershy confirmed.

"Sure, we're pals right?" She asked with a wink.

"Um...y-yes." Fluttershy said as she blushed.

"Cool. Catch ya later guys! C'mon Fluttershy." Rainbow said as they both walked out the door.

"So Applejack, what'd ya wanna ask me?" Pinkie asked.

"...Hmm?" Applejack asked after a beat.

"You said you wanted to ask me something earlier. What was it?" Pinkie asked curiously.

"This is it Jackie. The moment of truth. You do this one thing, and you can sleep peacefully at night again." Applejack thought. "Okay...what I wanted to ask you is...gah..."

"Gah? I've never heard of 'gah.' Is that like an acronym?" Pinkie asked cluelessly.

"Uh, no It's just.."

"WAIT! I got it! Does it stand for 'Give Applejack Hugs'? Well why didn't you just ask?" Pinkie said before wrapping her arms around Applejack's back. "Wow, you sure are warm aren't you?" Pinkie asked as her head was in Applejack's chest.

"Um, yeah, but the real question was can I...work with you today?!" She let out. "Flaker. You ma'am, are a flaker." Applejack thought angrily. Pinkie looked up at her in confusion.

"You wanna work with me? Why?" Pinkie asked as she tilted her head.

"Well..y'know...cause I like helpin out friends." Applejack lied. Well, at that moment. She really does like helping out friends, but it's just this particular moment that she had to lie. Applejack shot a glare at the ceiling. (Okay, I'll shut up.)

"Well I think you're very sweet to offer, of course you can help me today!" She said as she grabbed Applejack's hand and led her to the kitchen.

"She just called me 'sweet!' Wait, why does that excite me?" She thought confusedly.

By the time it was five o'clock, the register had become a gold mine, get it? Cause the bits look like gold.

"Well, I think that was a good days work! Don't you Applejack?" Pinkie asked as she flipped the open/closed sign.

"Yep. I think the Cakes made the right decision to let you run this place." Applejack said warmly.

"Aww AJ!" Pinkie said as she wrapped her arms around Applejack's neck in a warm embrace. Applejack soon returned the hug, secretly wanting to stay that way forever.

"Alright, I should probably get home. Think the folks worried about me long enough." Applejack said as she pulled away.

"Okay. Thanks for hanging with me all day!" She said brightly.

"Sure! See ya tomorrow!" Applejack said with a tip of her hat, not hearing the dejected sigh from Pinkie Pie.

Author's Note:

Ah, it's good to be back.