• Published 8th Jan 2014
  • 692 Views, 12 Comments

Rariverse - sjosten



Rarity takes control of my story and becomes the Element of Magic.

  • ...
8
 12
 692

Episode 2: Friendship is Magic Part 2

My little pony, my little pony, ah ah ah ah

My little pony!

I used to live in content and happy,

My little pony,

But now the show is all about me!

Grand adventure,

Fast and fun,

A beautiful heart,

Rockin’ on strong!

Being kind’s really easy you see,

And I’m here to make it all complete!

Don’t you know it works out in the end?

Now you’re the one who changed it?

Yeah, what do you think?

I suppose it’s okay.

Everyone’s a critic.

“Seize her! Only she knows where the princess is!” the Mayor shouted.

“Stand back you foals!” Nightmare Moon said. With a cackle and a swirl of mist, she disappeared.

“You know, this went a lot better in my head.” Vinyl said.

“You!” Fleetfoot shouted, tearing across the room to Rarity, “What did you do?”

“Me?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah, you. Celestia totally called it. You’re up to something.” Fleetfoot said.

“How?” Lyra asked.

“I don’t know. None of us really know her. Maybe she’s a spy.” Fleetfoot said.

“That’s ridiculous. Who would she even work for if she was a spy?” Lyra asked.

“Ahem, if you don’t mind, perhaps we should follow the evil creature that knows where the princess is.” Rarity said.

“Sounds like a plan.” Braeburn said.

“I’ve got my eye on you.” Fleetfoot said, motioning to Rarity.

The group cantered out of town hall, Rarity leading them to the Everfree Forest.

“Hold on! Why are you going in there?” Braeburn asked.

“Because she’s in there.” Rarity said, pointing to a feint purple smoke disappearing into the forest.

“I don’t like this.” Vinyl said.

“Oh, don’t worry. We just need to be careful, and we’ll be fine.” Fleur said, “All the same though, perhaps you should go first, Braeburn.”

So, Braeburn took the lead, going slowly into the forest.

“So, what’s up with this place anyway?” Vinyl asked, looking around.

“It ain’t natural out here. Far as my cousin says, even the weather works weird. Pegasi don’t control it, it just happens.” Braeburn said.

“That’s ridiculous.” Fleetfoot said.

“I think I’ve heard of this place before.” Lyra muttered.

“Let me guess, you took weirdo magic woods 101 at the university?” Vinyl asked.

“No, I heard of a couple foals who went in here a couple summers back on a dare. It didn’t end well.” Lyra said.

“Wait, this is the… oh no!” Rarity shouted as the group suddenly dropped. Fleetfoot bolted downward, managing to catch Fleur. Braeburn and Vinyl had managed to catch onto some stray roots, as well as Rarity and Lyra.

“Hang on girls, we’ve got you.” Braeburn said.

“Speak for yourself.” Vinyl said.

“We’ve just gotta wait until the pegasus can come back down for us.” Braeburn said. Just then, a loud crack came from somewhere near Vinyl and Lyra.

“Let go.” Lyra said.

“You’re nuts.” Vinyl said.

“Either I fall, or we both fall. I’ll live, just let go.” Lyra said. After a few minutes, the green unicorn dropped. A matter of minutes later, the others were all back on solid ground.

“I can’t believe I wasn’t fast enough.” Fleetfoot said, staring over the edge.

“It wasn’t your fault. Just bad luck.” Fleur said.

“Yeah, terrible luck.” Lyra said, putting a hoof on Fleetfoot’s shoulder.

“I just wish… wait.” Fleetfoot said, glancing behind her.

“How’d you make it back up?” Vinyl asked.

“We have bigger things to worry about. There’s still a crazy monster somewhere in these woods.” Lyra said.

“Lyra has a point. Follow me.” Rarity said.

“You know the way?” Fleur asked.

“Fleur dear, not only am I Celestia’s prize student, but this is my hometown.” Rarity said.

“Heh, the powder puff princess came from a farm town?” Fleetfoot asked.

“Yes, now, if memory serves, the correct way is,” Rarity said, searching through the brush, “voila!”

Sure enough, there was a very narrow pathway that led through the woods. It was several minutes down this path before Rarity stopped.

“What is it?” Fleetfoot asked.

“This is where the path lets out, but it’s only a big field.” Rarity said.

A loud roar echoed through the trees. Before anypony could react, a large paw stepped out of the brush on the other side of the clearing. Unfortunately, there was something connected to the paw. Specifically, a manticore.

“Oh, this is bad.” Fleur said.

“Step aside girls, It’s wonderbolt time.” Fleetfoot said, charging ahead.

“Come and get me freak!” She shouted, zipping around to behind the manticore.

“Nope!” She said, dodging a swipe from the manticore’s tail.

“And again!” She said, hovering to right over the manticore’s head.

“Come on, is that the best you’ve,” Fleetfoot started before a swat from the manticore’s paw knocked her out of the air.

“Hey ugly! That ain’t no way to treat a mare.” Braeburn said, kicking the manticore in the head.

“This is not going to work.” Rarity said.

“I know. They need a helping hoof. Minty, let’s get in there.” Vinyl said, jumping into the clearing.

“The name’s Lyra.” Lyra said, following suit.

“No, wait!” Rarity shouted.

Just then, Lyra came crashing into the tree between Rarity and Fleur.

“I’m okay.” She squeaked out.

“I told you, ya gotta treat a mare with a little respect.” Braeburn said, rearing up to buck the monster again, only to be swatted into another tree.

“Okay, you know what, maybe this wasn’t the best idea. How about we talk things out over a nice glass of cider?” Vinyl said, backing toward Rarity, Lyra, and Fleur. The manticore roared in response.

“Didn’t think so.” Vinyl said. Just then, Braeburn pounced onto the manticore’s tail, driving the stinger into the beast’s back.

“Oh Celestia!” Rarity screamed.

“Did you actually just kill it?” Fleur asked.

“Actually, manticore venom is just a muscle relaxant to paralyze the prey. He’ll be fine in a matter of hours.” Lyra said. Sure enough, the manticore shifted a bit as it lie there.

“Oh. That’s good.” Rarity said.

“Thanks man.” Vinyl said, dragging Fleetfoot out of the brush.

“Nothing to it. Nopony treats my pals like that, no matter how big they are.” Braeburn said, kicking the unconscious creature.

“Well, that’s good to know. Now, let’s go take down the sick freak that sent that thing after us.” Fleetfoot said.

What the heck?

What?

That’s not how it was supposed to go.

Oh please, it gets worse.

How very not helpful of you.

The girls and Braeburn trekked along for a few minutes before a thick fog rolled in.

“Well, this is just great. How are we supposed to get through now Ms. Smarty Flank?” Vinyl asked.

“Well, we could always just keep going forward.” Rarity said. A loud bonk sound came from just ahead of them.

“I wouldn’t recommend that, actually.” Lyra said.

“Wait, the fog is… what is that?” Fleur shouted as the fog lifted, only to reveal that the trees surrounding the girls were no longer simply trees. Instead, they seemed to have deranged faces, sharp eyes, and outstretched, thin arms.

“All in favor of letting somepony else save the princess?” Vinyl asked.

“What, over this? They’re tree things.” Fleetfoot said.

“Yes. Perhaps a rousing song could raise our spirits and help us out of this.” Rarity said.

“Okay, that came out of left field.” Vinyl said.

“Yes, that’s a rather bizarre request.” Fleur said.

“Do you pansies really need saving from a bunch of trees?” Fleetfoot asked.

“I know trees. These things, they aren’t trees.” Braeburn said.

“Listen pal, do you know what I’ve been through? I’ve fought dragons, griffons, mutts, pretty much everything worth fighting. And these things are pathetic. They aren’t even moving.” Fleetfoot said.

“They aren’t?” Lyra asked.

“They… I thought they moved.” Rarity said, prodding one of the branches.

“See, you guys are all worried about something that isn’t even a threat. Sometimes you just need to pull back and laugh in the face of danger. Course, that’s easier when the danger isn’t actually dangerous.” Fleetfoot said.

“I guess.” Braeburn said.

“Um, guys, we might have a problem after all.” Lyra said from just ahead.

“What’s the matter?” Fleetfoot asked, zooming over to Lyra. Right in front of them was a massive, churning river.

“I don’t suppose you can carry us over?” Fleur asked.

“We’ve hit too many roadblocks as is. Flying everypony across would be too time-consuming.” Fleetfoot said.

“Do we have any other options?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah. I could go alone. I appreciate what you’ve done so far, but I’m a wonderbolt, so I’m the only one who has an obligation to Celestia. It’s been real.” Fleetfoot said, attempting to take off. She was stopped rather quickly when Braeburn chomped down on her tail.

“Yer nt gng nywr.” Braeburn said, mouth full of tail.

“What?” Fleetfoot asked, prompting Braeburn to spit out her tail.

“You’re not going anywhere. Not without us at least. We’re in this together.” Braeburn said.

“Um, what’s that?” Fleur asked, pointing downriver. A huge purple limb was thrashing around.

“Hello! Are you alright?” Rarity called.

“What? Oh, don’t look at me, I’m hideous.” A voice called from downriver. The group trotted down to meet it.

“He’s… big.” Lyra said as they came up to the big, purple sea serpent.

“Thank you Captain Obvious.” Vinyl said.

“Please girls, there’s a clearly distressed sea serpent here.” Rarity said.

“Yeah, what’s up with you anyway?” Fleetfoot asked.

“Well, I don't know. I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this tacky little cloud of purple smoke just whisked past me and tore half of my beloved mustache clean off, and now I look simply horrid.” The sea serpent said.

“Seriously?” Vinyl asked.

“Please Vinyl, image means a lot to some ponies… and sea serpents.” Fleur said.

“Yes, don’t be so insensitive.” Rarity said.

“I get it, but dude, mustaches haven’t been in vogue for years.” Vinyl said.

“What’s vogue?” Braeburn whispered to Fleetfoot.

“I think it’s a French dish.” Fleetfoot whispered back.

“Wait, what do you mean?” The sea serpent asked.

“Yeah, Fancy Pants is pretty much the only guy who can get away with sporting a ‘stache nowadays. Fleur, you’re a model, back me up on this.” Vinyl said.

“Well, it’s true that current trends do lean more heavily toward the clean shave.” Fleur said.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?” The sea serpent whined and/or shouted depending on how cynical you want to be.

“Well, you aren’t exactly in the center of civilization out here.” Vinyl said.

“But this is where the Princesses used to rule from. There’s even a city a few miles away.” The sea serpent said.

“Princesses ain’t here anymore.” Vinyl said.

“Vinyl, there’s this little thing called subtlety that you might like to try.” Rarity said.

“You kidding? This is good. I’d rather have brutal, heart rending honesty than the lying, passive aggressive bumpkins back home. ‘Oh, I was just sparing your feelings.’ ‘Bless your heart.’ It’s downright agitating.” Braeburn said.

“See Rares, this is a good thing.” Vinyl said.

“Pardon me, did you say the princesses used to rule from nearby?” Lyra asked.

“Yes, it’s just a little ways away. Here.” The sea serpent said, lifting the six ponies across the river.

“Thanks, you’ve been a big help. And here, this might come in handy.” Vinyl said, producing a business card with her magic.

“Flim and Flam’s professional groomers. If it has hair, we can fix that.” The sea serpent read.

“I took my fish there once. It was awesome.” Vinyl said.

With that, the six continued for a few minutes in the direction the sea serpent pointed them in.

Ok, stop now.

Why? What’s up?

Listen, I’ll accept the rest. I don’t even know what this last one is going to be, but it’s bound to make more sense than this.

Pardon?

Brutal honesty? Do you think you’re subtle? You’re trying to tell me that Vinyl Scratch is the Element of Honesty? Are you serious?
Well, yeah.

No.

Come on, it’s not that bad.

She’s a horrible pony.
Then why’d you bring her along?

Because I thought she would be laughter.

Well, she’s not.

Are you even listening to yourself? Is this a big joke or something?

Everypony has standards. Besides, there are quite a few people that would argue about whether you deserve to be generosity.

They’re fools.

Don’t write it off so quickly. Look at it this way: everyone is like a gem. There are many facets, and many sides. Just because you’re looking at one that isn’t flattering doesn’t mean there isn’t a breathtaking cut just on the other side.

Gems? You’re trying to appeal to my cutie mark, aren’t you?

Is it working?

For now. Proceed.

When the group had finally advanced to the point that they could see a large, worn down castle, they found themselves at a bridge.

“This looks about as structurally sound as a limp noodle.” Lyra said, prodding at the ropes that held the bridge in place.

“Then we’ll just have to test it.” Vinyl said, placing a hoof on the first board.

“Oh. See, nothing to worry about. We’ll just go over one at a time and be fine.” Vinyl said. As Vinyl neared the end of the bridge though, the fog rolled in again behind her.

“Hey girls? Can you hear me?” She shouted back. Vinyl heard a loud twang as the rope bridge fell.

“No, they can’t.” Something said from around Vinyl.

“Ok, that’s really creepy.” Vinyl said, backing up to a tree.

“What? The most happening DJ this side of Stalliongrad is afraid of a few voices?” The thing said.

“Most happening? Who says that anymore?” Vinyl asked.

“We do.” A pegasus mare said, stepping out of the shadows. She had a huge, fluffy afro, and was flanked by two mohawk sporting stallions.

“Who’re you guys?” Vinyl asked.

“The Shadowvolts, the greatest band ever to grace the airways. Except, we’re missing something.” The mare said.

“An image consultant?” Vinyl asked.

“A manager. Somepony who can set up the sickest tracks for us to play, who can get in touch with anypony we need. Somepony like you.” The mare said.

“Whoa. The seventies called, they want their look back.” Fleetfoot said, flying into view with Fleur in her hooves.

“Private conversation geeks.” The mare said. More fog appeared, blocking Fleur and Fleetfoot from sight.

“What’s going on?” Fleur asked.

“I’m getting a job offer.” Vinyl said.

“A ticket to fame and fortune.” The mare said.

“I don’t trust them.” Fleetfoot said.

“She’s got a point.” Vinyl said.

“We’re offering to get you back on your hooves. Is this really a time to turn anypony down?” The mare asked.

“Back on your hooves?” Fleur asked.

“The economy is in a slump, and there aren’t too many ponies hiring DJs. We can pay right here and now though.” The mare said, prompting one of her associates to produce a briefcase.

“How much is in there?” Vinyl asked.

“You tell me.” The mare said, opening the briefcase to reveal a pile of diamonds.

“Guys… I think I have to take their offer.” Vinyl said.

“What? Why?” Fleetfoot asked.

“I can’t afford not to. Literally.” Vinyl said.

“You need money? You live in Canterlot though.” Fleur said.

“I live on my friend’s couch because my radio show got cancelled.” Vinyl said through gritted teeth.

“Tough break. I’m sorry.” Fleetfoot said.

“But you can get back in the game.” The mare said.

“How much do you need?” Fleur asked.

“What?” Vinyl asked, turning to face the section of fog that her friends were in.

“Get rid of them.” The mare said, nodding to the stallion not holding a suitcase.

“Hang on, no. What?” Vinyl asked.

“Vinyl, I’ve been trying to help ponies through charities for the past few years, and all it seems to do is get taxed away. I’ve been looking for a chance like this to legitimately help a pony.” Fleur said.

“She’s an upper class snob Vinyl, just like those producers, just like Tavi, just like everypony else in Canterlot.” The mare said.

“An upper… you don’t get to say that.” Vinyl said.

“It’s true and you know it. She’s just trying to bide time and get you to help her out and do her manual labor here, then she’ll throw you aside.” The mare said.

“I don’t care if she is. I don’t care if she’s going to sell me into flipping slavery after this. I don’t care if you can make all my dreams come true here and now. You made the one mistake even I can’t let slide. You insulted Tavi. Tavi, the mare who’s let me sleep in her house for months just because I asked. Who never even asked about rent, or paying for bills, or anything while I tried to start up again. You insulted the one mare who actually cared. And as someone who spent years as a professional insulter, even I think that’s low.” Vinyl said.

“This is your only shot.” The mare said.

“Maybe. But let’s see what you’ve done so far, shall we? Because my pal Fleetfoot here just got through telling us to stand back and examine things a minute or two ago. You’ve isolated me, ganged up on me, tried to bribe me, tried to stop my friends from getting near me, threatened my friends, and insulted my city. So no, you can all go get famous and all that on your own.” Vinyl said. Instantly, the Shadowvolts, and the fog disappeared.

“Whoa.” Fleetfoot said, spinning around, looking for any trace of the trio that vanished.

“I wasn’t lying, Vinyl. I really do care.” Fleur said.

“I hope so.” Vinyl said, “Hey by the way, why’d you carry Fleur over here anyway?”

“She’s a model, she’s so skinny I could carry her without risking weighing myself down and making a mistake in the fog.” Fleetfoot said.

“Oh, fix the bridge already.” Fleur said, shooting a dirty look Fleetfoot’s way. The wonderbolt jumped down to the ropes below. Moments later, the whole group was on the same side of the bridge.

“Alright everypony, let’s storm the castle.” Rarity said, trotting through the front doors.

“I say we split up and look for the princess. She must be in here somewhere if that Nightmare whatever came this way.” Vinyl said.

“I’ll get aerial. If there’s any other structure around here, we might be looking in the wrong place.” Fleetfoot said, ascending through a hole in the roof.

Rarity, already knowing the way from the first time she did this, strode into the room with the Elements of Harmony.

A purple mist wrapped around her, materializing a few feet in front of her as Nightmare Moon.

“Aw, did I catch you all by your lonesome?” Nightmare Moon said, peering down at Rarity.

“You don’t frighten me. I know what this really is.” Rarity said.

“You mean the Elements? Yes, that would be very helpful information, except for one thing.” Nightmare Moon said, hovering back to the large statue that held the Elements of Harmony. With an enormous crash, she collided with the statue, shattering the stone orbs into fragments.

“Oh. Yes, that would make them rather difficult to use.” Rarity said, backing up.

“Gang way!” Fleetfoot said, plummeting to the center of the room, “By the order of Princess Celestia, sovereign ruler of this nation Equestria, and mistress of the sun, you are under arrest.”

Fleetfoot was promptly knocked into the far wall.

“We heard a crash, is everything… oh no.” Lyra said as she and the others all came into the room.

“Aw, the gang’s all here. How quaint.” Nightmare Moon said. The doors slammed shut behind the group.

“You think you have us cornered Nightmare Moon, but you made on mistake.” Rarity said.

“Oh really? I made a mistake? Do tell.” Nightmare Moon said.

“You think you’ve destroyed the Elements of Harmony, but they’re right here.” Rarity said, gesturing to herself and her companions.

“What are the Elements of Harmony?” Fleur asked.

“I was about to ask the same thing.” Braeburn said.

Did I really forget that part?
Yep.

Oh goodness. Okay, no problem, what did Twilight do here?

Start lecturing Nightmare Moon about who was what element.

That does sound like her, doesn’t it? Alright, wish me luck.

“The Elements of Harmony are the greatest weapon in Equestria’s history. But they’re more than just a weapon. They are six ponies. Us.” Rarity said.

“You know, I really thought I was the crazy one here.” Vinyl said.

“Vinyl Scratch, who informed the sea serpent of what he needed to know, regardless of the consequences, represents the spirit of… Honesty!” Rarity said. One of the stone orb’s shards began glowing a pale white.

“Braeburn, who put himself in harm’s way to help his friends, friends he has only known for a few hours, represents the spirit of… Loyalty!” Rarity said. Another set of shards began to glow a dull yellow.

“Fleetfoot, who taught us to not get wrapped up in the moment, of the chaos, but instead to laugh in danger’s face, represents the spirit of… Laughter!” Rarity said. One of the sets of shards started glowing a soft blue.

“Wouldn’t that be bravery or something?” Fleetfoot mumbled.

“Shush, she’s on a roll.” Fleur said.

“Fleur de Lis, who didn’t hesitate to help another pony after hearing she was in need, without even considering what it might cost her, represents the spirit of… Generosity!” Rarity said. A set of shards started glowing a light pink.

“And Lyra, who was willing to risk her safety to ensure that Vinyl Scratch could remain secure, represents the spirit of… Kindness!” Rarity said. One of the sets of shards began glowing green.

“Rarity, you don’t understand. I wasn’t actually in danger.” Lyra said. The shards started to circle their respective ponies.

“Lyra, whether you actually were harmed or not doesn’t matter. It’s that you chose to take the risk that counts.” Rarity said.

“But I” Lyra started.

“Well, that’s very nice, and I’m sure you’re all very proud of yourselves. Clearly, I can only face defeat. Oh, wait, no I won’t. You still only have five elements. The spark isn’t here.” Nightmare Moon said.

“Oh really? What do you think the spark is Nightmare Moon? Because I’m sure it eludes you, so let me explain. The spark isn’t an element like you think, specific to one pony. The spark resides in us all. It is the ability for us to find ponies, ponies who are completely different from each other, ponies who would most likely never speak to us, and still find a way to make friends with them. That is the spark that ignited inside me as I realized that these ponies around me are not simply companions, or ponies that happened to come with me to find you. They are something much more than that, something stronger than you could ever believe. They are my friends. And wherever friends live, there is always the sixth element. The element of… Magic!” Rarity said, her eyes glossing over to show only glowing white.

The rest of the group started to float, their shards spinning around them, also gaining these glowing white eyes.

“No. No, nooo!” Nightmare Moon shouted as a beam of light erupted from the six ponies to strike her.

An instant later, everypony fell to the cold, hard ground.

“Ow.” Vinyl said.

“Well that was… something else.” Braeburn said.

“Hey Fleur, I know you’re a fashionista and all, but try to refrain from accessorizing without actually moving. It’s kind of freaky.” Fleetfoot said.

“What?” Fleur asked, glancing down. Around her neck was a gold necklace with a pink fleur de lis shaped diamond embedded in it.

“I’ve got one too.” Lyra said, staring at her green lyre gemmed necklace.

“Oh yeah! Rocking the bling!” Vinyl said, hooves pumped in the air after seeing her own blue music note gem and necklace.

“I see you’re making an attempt to outdo us.” Fleur said, motioning to Rarity’s head. Atop it was a golden crown with a large purple gemstone and several smaller blue gemstones.

“You know, I really thought you were making that up there for a minute.” Braeburn said, his necklace in hoof, eyes on his yellow apple gem.

“Boss.” Fleetfoot said, saluting Celestia as she appeared.

“Thank you Fleetfoot, for ruining my dramatic entrance.” Celestia said.

“Oh. Sorry boss.” Fleetfoot said, darting back to examine her necklace and blue horseshoe gem somewhere away from Celestia.

“I admit Rarity, this is a bit of a surprise. I hardly expected you to leave Canterlot before sunrise, let alone confront Nightmare Moon.” Celestia said, totally not invoking the author’s opinions.

Oh hush you.

“However, you showed tonight that you have the ability to let true friendship into your heart. I can only hope you aren’t the only one.” Celestia said, turning to look at the blue alicorn that had appeared.

“It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this. Time to put our differences beside us. We were meant to rule together, little sister.” Celestia said.

“Back up, sister?” Vinyl asked.

“Would everypony stop interrupting?” Fleur asked.

“Will you accept my friendship?” Celestia asked.

“I'm so sorry! I missed you so much, big sister!” The no longer Nightmare Moon mare said, jumping up to bury her face in Celestia’s mane.

“I've missed you, too.” Celestia said.

After arriving back in Ponyville, the whole town rejoiced to have both their beloved princesses returned. The whole town that is, except for Rarity.

“Why so glum my faithful student? Your quest is complete.” Celestia said.

“That’s just it princess. Now that I’ve done all this, I’ve made true friends, friends strong enough to repel the very forces of darkness. I’m not sure I want to leave.” Rarity said.

Plus, if this goes the way I think it will, I’ll have to write friendship reports for a full season.

“Fleetfoot, as the only member of my staff here, it falls to you to take this note.” Celestia began, “I, Princess Celestia, hereby decree that the unicorn Rarity shall take on a new mission for Equestria. She must continue to study the magic of friendship. She must report to me her findings from her new home in Ponyville.”

“Thank you princess! Thank you so much! I’ll study harder than ever before!” Rarity said as her friends cheered.

“So, at all.” Celestia smirked.

“Oh, well, yes… Vinyl?” Rarity said.

“This is so awesome! I mean, totally rad, and I’m so pumped, and it’s flipping amazing!” Vinyl began screaming to nopony in particular.

Well, I think this is going well so far, how about you?

It’s ridiculously difficult to write consistently without making it just a repeat of the show, it takes me whole days just to write one scene, and there’s a whole boatload of exposition I’ve got to write up for the next chapter.

Oh. Well, I apologize and

Oh come off it, what’s life without some challenges? You and me, we’re in this together. There’s no going back now. Welcome to your new life. Let’s make something of it.

Author's Note:

I don't know why, but the sea serpent scene was actually very difficult to write. I actually knew what I was going to do with it going in, but it still took me way longer than normal. That aside, I really don't have any comments for this chapter.
Lovely, because I have an announcement.
Seriously, stay out of the author's notes.
Fine. I suppose you don't want to know about the changes I made to the tags and story description then?
Wait, what?
No, it's fine, I'll leave.
Dang it Rarity. Well, I guess there's that. Here's the original story description then, for reference.

A story about adversity, hardship, and greatness. [i[And Rarity, we can't forget about that. Follow the Mane 6, but mostly Rarity[i/] as they adventure through lost jungles, deserts, and Canterlot Rarity's incredible life.