• Published 8th Jan 2014
  • 691 Views, 12 Comments

Rariverse - sjosten



Rarity takes control of my story and becomes the Element of Magic.

  • ...
8
 12
 691

Prologue

It was a beautiful morning in Ponyville. Emphasis on was. You see, the Cutie Mark Crusaders decided to try to get Super Villain cutie marks, and it ended badly. Go figure.

“Applebloom, get down from the roof!” Applejack shouted to her sister.

“Never! And it’s Dr. Evil Applebloom now!” Applebloom screamed back.

“Yeah! Kneel before us!” Scootaloo shouted.

“Well this is going wonderfully.” Rarity grumbled.

“Are you kidding? This is the funniest thing I’ve seen since Pinkie’s last party.” Rainbow Dash said.

“That was last night Dash.” Applejack said.

“Don’t ignore us!” Applebloom shouted.

“Yeah! We’re trying to take over Equestria over here!” Sweetie Belle shouted.

“Sweetie Belle, if you won’t come down, could you at least put on a less tacky outfit?” Rarity said, turning to Fluttershy, “What’s wrong with cat-suits? Villains wear cat-suits.”

“I wore a cat-suit once!” Pinkie said, hopping over.

“Somehow, I don’t think you really qualify as a villain Pinks.” Dash said.

“You’ve never spent ten hours with her on a handcar.” Rarity said.

“I said I was sorry!” Dash shouted.

“Girls, this is getting lame.” Scootaloo said.

“See? This was a bad idea. Now get down here!” Applejack shouted.

“No way! We have a plan!” Sweetie Belle shouted.

“Cool. Whatcha gonna do?” Dash asked.

“We’re going to use Poison Joke on the entire city of Ponyville, and assume control in the chaos. By the time everypony is back to normal, we’ll have passed laws that make us undeniable rulers of the town!” Applebloom shouted, a crackle of lightning erupting behind her.

“Dash! Stop doing special effects for the girls! They’re going to get hurt!” Rarity shouted.

“Oh please, they’re fine.” Dash said, floating to the ground.

“Please don’t do that anymore.” Fluttershy said from behind Pinkie.

“Where are y’all even gonna get Poison Joke?” Applejack asked. Scootaloo pulled a large crate into view.

“Horse apples.” Applejack said, hanging her head.

“Yes! And you will be the first victims!” Applebloom shouted.

“Can we make somepony else the first victims? I think Rarity’s gonna get me grounded already.” Sweetie Belle asked.

“But then we’d have to get on a different roof, and the crate is heavy.” Applebloom said.

“Hey Dash! Are you gonna stop us yet?” Scootaloo shouted.

“Not yet! You’re doing great kid, keep going!” Dash shouted back, earning a smack from Applejack.

“Do not tell them to keep messing around on a roof.” Applejack scolded.

“Oh! What if you wore a suit instead? Con Mane villains wear suits, and they still look evil!” Rarity shouted.

“We’ll consider that. Thanks!” Applebloom shouted.

“You too?” Applejack asked.

“Oh please, we all know how this will end. Dash will eventually fly up and save them, Pinkie will produce a camera from nowhere, take pictures, and we’ll all have a hearty laugh about it as we read tomorrow’s paper.” Rarity said.

“That sounds nice.” Fluttershy said.

“Camera’s ready whenever you are Dash.” Pinkie said.

“Thanks Pinks.” Dash said.

“Um, could y’all come a little closer? We can’t quite get you with the Poison Joke from here.” Applebloom said.

“Get. Down. Here.” Applejack said through gritted teeth.

“Am I grounded if I do?” Aplebloom asked.

“You bet you sweet apple bucking flank you are!” Applejack screamed.

“What about us?” Scootaloo asked.

“Nah, it’s cool.” Dash said.

“Yes, but only for wearing spandex. I mean, honestly Sweetie Belle, spandex?” Rarity said.

“They were left over from the talent show.” Sweetie Belle said.

“And they’re evil looking!” Applebloom said.

“Morning girls. What’s going on?” Spike asked, strolling over.

“We’re taking over the city!” Scootaloo shouted.

“They’re getting grounded!” Applejack shouted.

“How are they gonna take over the city?” Spike asked.

“We already told the others.” Applebloom said.

“Yeah, it’s bad form to monologue twice.” Dash said.

“You only know what that means from Daring Do, don’t you?” Rarity asked with a smirk.

“I don’t see what that has to do with anything.” Dash said.

“Seriously, I’m getting bored.” Scootaloo said.

“Then it’s time for us to, AH!” Applebloom screamed as she tripped over a bit of railing. Before she could hit the ground, a purple blur swept in from the sky.

“Oh, hi Twilight.” Spike said.

“What are you girls doing?” Twilight asked.

“Can we get a ride down too?” Scootaloo shouted.

“Give me a minute.” Twilight sighed.

In moments, all of the Crusaders were back safely on the ground.
Lovely. Because I don’t get enough of this in the show.
Wait, what was that?
Pardon?
Seriously, what is that?
You can hear me?
Yes. Pinkie, is that you?
Nope, I’m over here!
Hello Pinkie darling.
Rarity?
Yes. This is somewhat unexpected. I’m not exactly used to mind reading… what are you?
I’m the author.
What?
The author. Of the story you’re in.
So Pinkie was right?
Yeppers!

What’s going on?
I can hear you… and you can hear me. I wonder…
Wonder what?
At that moment, a diamond tiara appeared to adorn Rarity’s head.
“What the? Where did that come from?” Twilight asked.
Oh, this is too good.
What is going on?
Let me try another.

Instantly, Rainbow Dash’s hair turned bright white.
“Seriously Rares, what’s going on?” Asked Dash, who’s hair still shined with many colors.
It only works on me?
It’s not supposed to work at all!
And yet, it does.
How?
Rarity had given Sweetie Belle a snazzy suit as she had walked out the door this morning.
“So, I’m still not grounded, right?” Sweetie Belle asked, smoothing out her suit coat.

Stop it!
I can affect things retroactively. Oh, I have a wonderful idea!
No, what’s going on?
It looks like you have a very special guest author. Moi.
How?
I don’t know. However, I’m not going to miss a glorious opportunity.
What are you going to do then?
I can change reality if it has to do with me yes?
Apparently.
I’m tired of taking a back seat to Twilight. Whenever something important happens, it comes down to her. This time, I’ll be the heroine. I’ll be the star of the show.
And how will you accomplish that?
You didn’t let me finish. I’ll be the heroine, I’ll be the star. I’ll be… the Element of Magic.
WHAT?
It’s simple, I just have to change things around so I’m the Element of Magic.
But I already have a story here. Twilight’s going to overthrow Celestia, Pinkie Pie will become Princess, Applejack’s parents are actually going to be Changelings, so Applejack and her family are Changelings too, it’s gonna be awesome.
Publish it some other time. And when you do, pick a better introductory chapter.
Well, I’m still going to be writing everything else.
Oh, it’s fine. I’ll survive.
We’ll see about that.
Oh, don’t be like that. This is going to be a grand adventure! I have wondrous plans!
That’s what I’m afraid of.

Author's Note:

Hello all. In case you were completely and utterly confused by the above chapter, allow me to explain: First, Rarity can communicate with me, the author. I will never explain how this works, so don't ask. Second, because she can communicate with me, Rarity can also change things in the story, so long as they are things that pertain specifically to her. As such, saying something like "Instantly, Rainbow Dash’s hair turned bright white." would not work, because Rarity cannot change Rainbow Dash. However, she can change things that happened in the past, which will likely have an affect on the present, such as saying she had given Sweetie Belle a suit. Third, from here on, this is going to be something in the vein of the Lunaverse, but with Rarity as the Element of Magic. There will be other changes, the majority of which will take place in the next chapter. Also, Rarity cannot invade the Author's Notes.

You tell yourself that.