• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 1,101 Views, 16 Comments

Harmony - DJ-DERPY-7



Rainbow Dash tries to save her friends, but can she really save them all?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,101

Generosity & Kindness (edited)

Rarity, the only mare I know who is in dear love with fashion. She was a friend to all of us, she never let us down. I don't think she would hurt Fluttershy, for that matter, why would she hurt her? Once I was at her house I knocked three times, it didn't take long for her to answer.

"Hey, Rarity, can I talk to you for a little bit?" I asked her. She looked at me with concern, somewhat. She let me in and she followed. Thoughts ran free in my mind, I couldn't stop them. Did she hurt Fluttershy? Was she trying to do something worse to Fluttershy? I tried to block them out as much as I could. I snapped back into reality and turned to see the white unicorn. I was scared to talk to her about what happened. I stumbled on my words as they rolled out of my mouth. I couldn't explain it to her, I didn't want her to think I was accusing her. As I told her about the light, she looked stunned. Her expression of the fact was, confusion I think. Before I could finish telling her, she stopped me.

"What do you mean Fluttershy was hurt? I can't see why Pinkie would do such a thing, did she do it?" Said the white mare.

"No, Pinkie didn't do it." I replied

I continued to explain what happened, but it seemed that I just made things worse. I asked Rarity if she did anything to the gift, I guess I may have sounded a little suspicious. The moment I closed my mouth, she started yelling, and thinking that I thought she did it. The things she said to me, the thing I never knew hurt her, she said it all. Every word, every letter, just made me feel so low, I felt like dirt, no I felt lower than dirt. I was never there for Rarity, I knew that now and I wish I could do something about it. She cried as she walked to the door, slowly trotting with every step. As she lifted her right hoof to open the door, I saw it shaking.

"Dash, I..I think you should leave." Rarity sobbed

"Rarity...I didn't mean anything by it. I just want to--"

"Please Dash, just leave." Rarity implied.

I didn't say anything, I just lowered my head and walked out the door. I walked a few feet and looked back. Rarity was still at the door, but when I saw her she turned and shut the door. I didn't want anyone to see me crying so I flew back to my house. I cried thinking of what I did, what she said, and what happened to Fluttershy. I never knew that's how Rarity felt, the pain I caused her for not being there for her when she needed me. It's to late now, but I wish I could change everything. I could barley see my house due to my tears, I was able to make out a small yellow spot standing at my door. It was Fluttershy, what was she doing at my house? I decided to pick up my speed. Fluttershy was just standing there with a blank expression. She didn't move, she didn't speak, she didn't even blink.

"Fluttershy, are you okay? Fluttershy...hey. Fluttershy!" She still didn't respond. I yelled her name a few more times, I was about to give up, but then she said something. Her voice was low and quite, like a whisper, but more faint. I couldn't make out the words, so I got closer. I could tell she was saying the same thing over and over again, but what? My ear was basically on her lips now, I could now understand every word she said, but I never knew it was going to be words I would regret hearing.

"Pinkie, did it. She hurt my animals...there all gone Dash. What do I do?" Fluttershy said with a shaking voice. My eyes widened, I looked at her, she was dramatized. Her pink mane was dirty with small spots of red and was out of place, her left ear looked as if it was hit with something hard, the ear itself was almost fully red, her eyes filled with tears that slowly ran down her face as she repeated herself. I looked at her hooves...they had blood on them. Fresh blood, very fresh blood. I gasped at the sight of my friend. I didn't know what to say to her, I was just as frightened as she was. My heart sunk as she repeated herself, tears rolled down my cheeks. I had to say something to her.

"Fluttershy, what happened? I thought you and Pinkie Pie were okay?" I said with sorrow.

"Pinkie...isn't Pinkie anymore. She's something else. She looked at me and said 'I just love how the cuts bring out your eyes' and then she hit my ear. I hit her back and flew away. When I got to my house...my animals...angel...there were all...d..d..." Fluttershy began to cry. I was devastated, at what she said to me. Why would Pinkie do it? What drove her to do something like that? I brought the yellow Pegasus inside so she can lay down, I told I was going to go back and talk to Rarity, and see if she can help. Fluttershy was okay with it, before I left I looked back at her, she was scared, wrapped in my sheets tight, her hooves gripping one of my pillows, and tears rolling down her eyes. I shut the door and left back to Rarity's.

I was scared to go back, but I thought Rarity could help with my current situation. I knocked once and the door opened. Rarity had been crying, she looked as if she was sick. Her mane was dirty and her tears were black due to her make-up. It frightened me at first, I didn't know how to respond to the sight of her. She stepped back and went straight to her mirror, she continued to put make-up on her face.

"Is this why you never wanted to be with me Dash? Is it my love for fashion and beauty? Did I not look good enough to be your friend? Answer me Dash!" Rarity said.

"No, it was never that. I just was so busy before and--" I said to her. She stopped me and tuned around. She lifted a small pin with her magic and poked me with it. She said I needed to leave, before I got hurt. Before I even stepped out the door, she jabbed the pin in my flank and I galloped out the door. It fell out, but the pain was still there. I looked at Rarity as she stood at the door. A mare was walking by and saw Rarity, her face was a little scared.

"What are you looking at!" Rarity shouted at the poor mare. The mare ran off and Rarity slammed the door. I opened my wings and took off slowly. My breath was heavy, my mind was everywhere, and every flap was just as smooth as the last. Tears formed once more and I didn't care for them. I only thought of Fluttershy, she must be feeling as bad as I am. I made my way back to my house and hoped she was awake. I opened the door and there she was, talking to Tank. She was hugging him, and petting him just the way he likes it. A small, but happy smile came on her face as she flew with the tortoise. They saw me and both came back to the ground. A small smile came up on my face as I saw them standing in front of me. I knew I made her happy, I knew right then, Fluttershy would not change, she wouldn't be like Pinkie and Rarity. I thank Celestia that she will be forever kind and forever caring.

Author's Note:

Okay so I know Rarity didn't get a lot of showings in this, but this was very important to the story. Rarity will be shown again later on. Overall, I think this was a sad part, but hopefully the feels will get more intense as Rainbow Dash continues to find out what happened and how it all started.

Next Chapter: A New Home For Fluttershy
Will be out soon, hopefully