• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

Guardian of Fire - googolplex



A bright light suddenly appears in the Everfree forest and gives Twilight an opportunity to learn magic with a whole new perspective. The perspective from a mysterious pony that forgot his own name.

  • ...
 1
 539

The Lies, Truths, and a Mystery

Twilight awoke in her bedroom, Spike sitting over her, panicked. From what she could tell, Spike had been sitting next to Twilight since she had been taken to her room.

"Twilight," Spike shouted, "you're awake!" The excited dragon hugged Twilight tightly. "Silver brought you in and he said to make sure you get plenty of rest. He wouldn't tell me what happened, only that you wore yourself out." Twilight could not remember much. She only remembers being furious with Silver. She was still furious with him. She just did not have the energy to express it. She tried to sit up, but could hardly move. "Oh yeah," Spike said with a small bit of enthusiasm, even thought he thought Twilight might despise his news, "Silver said that you won't be doing any magic tomorrow."

"Why not?" Twilight's words were slow to come from her head to her lungs to her mouth. Everything worked in such slow motion. She could not even tell if she were sore. She was too tired to sleep, too hungry to eat, and too anxious to move. Shift had really done a number on her body.

"He didn't say," Spike replied. "He only told me to make sure that you were taken care of while you slept and if you needed anything to get it for you. Of course," Spike smiled with pride, "he never really had to ask me. I'd do it anyway."
BAM

Twilight's room door swung open with such force it hit the wall and bounced back almost shutting again, but before it could, five mares stormed into the room.

"TWILIGHT!" They all shouted at once. Her friends whom she had missed since she left only two days ago, or was it two days? She had trouble remembering how long she had been gone. Her memories clouded by exhaustion. Her friends quickly ran to her and wrapped themselves around her.

"You feel better yet sleepy head?" Pinkie Pie asked. Twilight nodded, slowly.

"You had us all worried for a bit there," Applejack walked from behind Pinkie Pie to meet Twilight's gaze.

"Well, you had them worried," Rainbow Dash interjected, "I know you're way to tough to let a little spell take you down so easily." Rainbow's reassuring words made Twilight want to sit up. She turned to get her hooves underneath her, and tried to push up, but could not find the strength, plopping back down like a rag doll. "Whoa whoa there, I didn't mean you could just stand up though," Rainbow Dash put her hooves back on Twilight to keep her from getting back up.

"Silver said you should drink some of this tonic," Rarity used her magic to pour from a glass bottle into a cup. Applejack had set Twilight up so that she could take a drink of the tonic. Twilight tried wrapping the cup in her magic, but could not find the strength. She reached for the cup with her hooves, but Rarity would not allow Twilight to take the cup. "Now Twilight," she said, "how can I expect you to hold this cup if you can hardly move?" She moved closer. "Now, drink up." Twilight obeyed, drinking all of the liquid inside the cup. When she finished, Rarity sat the cup back down.

"How long have you guys been here?" Twilight asked.

"Four days," Fluttershy answered. "We came as soon as Silver told us about what happened."

"Truth be told," Applejack continued for Fluttershy, "we weren't exactly given a choice, he teleported us right here in your room."

"He may deny it," Rarity walked in closer to Twilight, holding a hoof to the side of her mouth, quieting her voice, "but he has been sitting outside your room all this time, and has hardly even moved. If he had to move, he made sure there were two guards present while he was gone." Twilight remembered Silver making her very angry, acting as though he could not care about something, but that was as far as her memory would let her go for now. If she thought any harder, her head might explode from the pressure she was feeling.

"Why?" She asked.

"He wouldn't tell us what happened only that you were not feeling too well and that he had caused it," Rarity answered. "Well," she rethought her last statement, "he didn't actually say that he caused it, or that he even felt bad, but that doesn't mean he had to say it. It was easy to tell." Rarity smiled. Twilight could not help but to feel doubtful. She had no clear reason, but that was because her mind was too cloudy to think.

"He's been too nice if you asked me," Applejack said as she stared to the floor and ran a hoof back and forth. "He kept askin' if we were alright, specifically me, and it's been a bit weird for me." Twilight could see her blush a little, not perhaps from liking the stallion, rather than just being embarrassed about it. Twilight finally got it. Silver legitimately felt terrible for blinding Applejack and for whatever he did to herself. She was still too hazy to remember exactly what it was, only that she was angry with him.

"So," Twilight was still slow to speak, but her friends waited patiently, "any chance we can get some food?" All six of her friends laughed at her. Twilight did not see the humor in what she said. She was starving. Of course, who would not be after sleeping for four days?

"We have some toast and jam," Rarity used her magic to spread strawberry jam onto a piece of bread. It was not toasted, or if it was, it was no longer warm. Twilight seemed not to mind, however, scarfing it down.

"How's your training going?" Applejack asked. Twilight shot her a look. "Oh yeah," she sighed, "that good."

"Well now that we all know you're alright, we can go back to Ponyville this evening," Rarity said as politely as she could. The rest nodded.

"You guys aren't going to stay?" Twilight asked, almost hurt by her friends leaving her so quickly.

"My dear, we've been away for nearly five days. We do care for you, Twilight, but we also have our jobs to do," Rarity again did her best not to hurt Twilight with her words. "As much as I want to stay, now that I know you're alright, I have four ensembles to get ready and I'm already four days behind schedule," Twilight understandingly nodded, still hurt, but nodded. "But don't think I won't be back. As soon as I'm done, I'm going to make sure you're completely back to health before I leave again."

"Us too," Applejack interjected.

"Ooh! And I can throw a party and invite everypony in the castle!" The six were giving Pinkie Pie mixed looks. "What? Parties make everyone feel better! Oh I had better go home and plan this right away!" Pinkie Pie darted for the door, but she was stopped by Rainbow Dash.

"Whoa there Pinkie Pie," she said with a chuckle, "we gotta wait on our ride anyway."

"Oh yeah! He'll be back soon though right?"

"Yeah I'm sure," Rainbow had a confident smile.

"Besides," Applejack reached to her friends and pulled them back around Twilight, "we need to give her a proper goodbye anyways. They all hugged Twilight, and suddenly, she felt much better, stronger, and as they let go, she rolled out of her bed and onto her hooves. She stood feeling much better and she smiled as she hugged her friends back.

"Oh," Pinkie Pie said looking at her right hoof. "Jittery hoof. Someone's about to let their bladder go." Twilight's eyes were suddenly shocked, and she disappeared quicker than a lightning bolt to a room that connected to hers, the bathroom. Pinkie Pie laughed at Twilight, as did the rest of them. Twilight came back, relieved, embarrassed, but happy.

A few hours had passed and the seven of them were all enjoying themselves, telling of the last few days' adventures. Silver had just walked in.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Five of them nodded. "Princess Twilight, are you also ready?" Twilight was not too sure about the way directed the question towards her.

"Yes," she said firmly. "I think I've been in bed long enough. Same time as always?" Silver shook his head and walked slowly toward Twilight.

"No, I'm afraid not. Your lessons have concluded for the foreseeable future," Silver grabbed Twilight's packed saddlebags and put them on his back.

"But I'm not finished," Twilight muttered.

"I'm afraid you are, Princess Twilight."

"But I just started, I can't have learned anything yet!"

"Precisely," Silver's words pierced Twilight's heart like a needle through cloth, her knees felt wobbly. "I'm not willing to teach you new magic if it means risking your safety."

"But I'm fine."

"You are obviously not fine," Silver stomped, floor cracking beneath his hooves. He looked down. "I- I'm sorry, Princess, but I cannot allow this to go on any further if it means you-"

"She'll be fine, Silver," a voice came from behind. It was Princess Celestia. All of them bowed, except for Silver.

"She is barely standing now," Silver scolded. "What makes you think she can continue?"

"When I asked you to teach Twilight," Celestia began to scold back. "I thought you might have the foresight to show her or at least tell her the consequences of this magic before actually attempting it."

"But we do not-"

"What did I say?" Celestia cut Silver off without missing a beat. She glared at him, and while Silver himself knew that he would stand down an army of monsters a thousand times Celestia's size, he would flinch and quiver at the sight of his mother glaring at him.

"Show her," Silver lowered his head in defeat. "I understand."

"She is a great learn-by-sight student, Silver. This could prove beneficial to both you and Princess Twilight."

"As you wish, mother."

"Well now," Rarity spoke up. "This seems to be the part where we leave you to your studies, Twilight, and we get home." She gestured for Silver to come closer. He walked to the middle of the five mares standing directly in front of Twilight. "Oh, wait, a proper goodbye first." She hugged Twilight, and the rest of her friends followed.

"I really miss you guys," Twilight hugged back.

"Nah, don't miss us Twilight," Pinkie Pie said in her usual cheerful tone. "It's not like we're goin' too far. I mean yeah it's Ponyville, but when you have instant transportation c'mon we can party everyday!"

"Not quite," Silver muttered. "It would be rather taxing to teleport all of you here everyday, or even once a week."

"Guess you'll have to get used to it at least once a week!" Pinkie Pie shouted. Silver's astonished face looked back to Celestia to try and convince Pinkie Pie that he was not doing that. Celestia nodded in approval, however, in Pinkie's favor. Silver stomped his hooves in a small fit with a humph and teleported Twilight's friends back to Ponyville before they could make another wild request.


Silver and Twilight arrived at the makeshift classroom building and the first thing Twilight noticed was that all of the candles and candle wax were completely cleaned from the room. She could only think about the maids in the castle somehow expertly cleaning every nook and cranny of every part of the castle, including this one-room building. Silver stopped at the center of the room.

"Take a deep breath Princess Twilight," he said as his horn glowed. Twilight's entire world evaporated into darkness, then into light. The room had disappeared and was replaced by a seemingly endless azure haze, with a familiar feel to it. "Like it?" he asked, turning to Twilight. She nodded but was not too sure she actually liked the new mysterious place.

"Have I been here before?" Twilight asked curiously.

Silver chuckled. "Not really. You have been to my mother's version of this," he turned to her. "You know, oddly enough, she didn't make hers." Twilight was stunned by the revelation Silver had just given her. It never occurred to Twilight that a place such as that needed to be created. Rather, Twilight merely thought the Celestial Zone was just there. "Or at least," he elaborated, "I think." Twilight was giving him puzzled looks now. "She and Princess Luna both have been connected to it longer than they can remember. Somehow, they are the only ones who can unlock its secrets though."

"So if nopony knows how to make it, how did you?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Arcane magics in the lost world. Tartarus gave clear instructions on how to create such a remarkable work." Twilight had to shake her head a couple of times. She forgot he came from Tartarus, and that he was there for an awful long time. "Now," he said cheerfully, "We are going through my memories bit by bit, and I felt as though I did not want to be held back by whatever is holding either of us from revealing our memories," Silver thought back to the train ride. "I would much appreciate not waking up three years later from a ten minute memory. So, I made this place so that I could intervene and explain when needed to. When you drink the potion, you will be transported to the time, while I will be able to give background upon your asking. Now, are you ready?" Twilight nodded.

The potion tasted as terrible as she remembered it. Quickly she sat the bottle down and her eyes began to glow. Everything was spinning, she could make out a faint voice in the background. Think about the beginning, it said. With that, Twilight was now in the Crystal Castle, Sombra's crystal castle. Sombra was shadowing a small, grey unicorn. He was maniacally laughing at the poor colt.

"No!" The colt cried out. "This isn't nice!" Sombra just stood, laughing at him. "This is my home." The crystal around the floor being turned black.

"No this is our home my son," Sombra said as his horn glowed, a family of ponies crystallized being lifted by his magic. One was a green Alicorn, the other two were pegasi, the older one a light tan color, and the younger, a very familiar pink. "Aw look at them," he spat, his eyes misting the purple glow as he threw the block away. "If only the great Emerald would have seen this coming. Trapped within his own creation by his most trusted constable," He turned and blasted away at the crystal, laughing. The crystal had broken into many pieces, leaving only one pony still whole, the small pink pegasus. Which seemed to spark Sombra's humor even more as he hit the floor laughing. Then he stood and took aim again, still chuckling.

"Stop it! Stop laughing!" The colt tried to stop his father from destroying what was left of the family, pushing on his front legs.

"You will understand one day, now leave me to my business!" he shouted and kicked the colt halfway down the room. The colt did not give up that easy, next came a bolt of magic, hitting Sombra's face. Sombra turned and picked the colt up with his magic and through him further, this time he hit a wall. "You are pushing my patience, Thirteen," he snarled. "I may have kept you because of your potential, but don't think you can't end up like the others!"

Suddenly the colt's mane and tail flared up in a blue flame. This was Silver? Twilight thought to herself, but she had no intention of asking just yet, she wanted to see what happened. His eyes glowed and then he spoke. "I said STOP!" The colt shouted and his mane flowed away from his body, picking up Sombra and throwing him across the room this time. The colt Silver ran to Sombra, his flame now quickly engulfing his body, then it shot back to Sombra, pushing him out of the door. "Now go somewhere else and stop causing trouble!"After he was sure Sombra would not be coming back, the colt quickly ran to the young pegasus who Twilight could now tell was a filly. He began hitting the crystal as hard as he could, not even getting a crack out of this seemingly invincible crystal.

Sombra ripped the double doors off their hinges, enraged, horn glowing black as night, then blacker. Silver stood no chance, but he still stood between Sombra and the filly encased in crystal. His mane and tail still ablaze. Sombra shot his magical energy at Silver, but a flash of light stopped the beam from ever reaching Silver. Instead there was an Alicorn standing between them now, glowing to where no visible characteristics could be made to distinguish which one it was. The Alicorn lowered its head, and a bright beam shot from its horn, blinding Twilight, and then the Crystal Castle was empty.

Twilight quickly saw the world disappear and the building she was originally standing in took its place. She looked around for Silver, but he was gone.


Celestia's throne room had been thrown violently open. A furious Silver Radiance stomped to Celestia. "Why didn't you tell me?" Silver shouted with a boom to his voice. Celestia tried to ask what he meant, but she instead was cut off before she could finish an audible word. "You ran into that castle over a thousand years ago and lead me to believe that my family was dead and I was originally an earth pony! What a foolish story and I even believed it," he knelt to the ground, collapsing in a defeated state.

"Silver, I did not save you from the castle," Celestia rose from her throne and walked toward Silver.

"You are a lier, and now you are continuing your lie as though I have no idea about my past," he shouted back at her. "I saw you! I saw everything! King Sombra is my father!" Silver cried out. "Now it all makes sense," he stood and angrily stared into Celestia's eyes, "you only kept me here to make sure that I did not become the monster that he did."

"Silver," Celestia tried to interrupt, but he continued.

"But you even went so far as to hide and change my memories!"

"Silver."

" Who am I really, Princess Celestia?" Silver asked but he had no intention of letting her answer. "I'll tell you who I am, I-" this time Celestia used her magic to forcefully close his mouth.

"You are my son, Silver Radiance," she firmly answered, "nothing less. My lies have been hurtful, but not without reason. Your memories had already been altered by the time you reached me." She turned to all who were in the throne room. "Give us some time." Obediently, they left without a word, and they were now alone. Celestia lit her horn and touched Silver's. They were in one of Celestia's memories. "I found you on my balcony as I was about to lower the sun one evening. You were next to a pegasus filly, who was trapped in some form of crystal, and you were just beginning to wake. There was an orb next to you as well. It had a voice recording telling me all of what had happened, and who you were. The voice instructed me to keep your true origin a secret. It also had instructions on releasing the pegasus from her crystallized prison," images changed from Celestia looking at the two foals from her balcony to a dark room with only two torches to light the room, "I had begun the process immediately, but the voice said the crystal would not break for nearly a thousand years." The world devolved and the throne room reappeared. Silver looked at her in disbelief.

"No lies?" He asked, "That was the full truth?" Celestia nodded. "I saw an alicorn, explain."

"I gave you all that I know, Silver," Celestia answered.

Silver teleported out of the throne room and then straight to Luna's room. She was sleeping, but the teleportation had alerted her, and as soon as Silver had made it into her room, she was standing, ready to fight. When her gaze finally reached Silver, she looked relieved.

"Oh, tis only you," she sighed.

"Yes," Silver walked forward, slowly approaching Luna "and I need answers."

"Whatever do you mean?" she curiously inquired. Silver shot her an angry look before calming himself before he spoke.

"Did you take me from the Crystal Empire?" He asked. She shook her head. "One of you is lying, and I want the truth," he stamped his hoof down and the floor cracked beneath it. He looked at the cracks, then back up. "I apologize for my anger, I did not mean-"

"As you should," Luna stood before Silver. Now Silver backed away. "You barge into my quarters whilst I sleep and then crack my floor that my sister designed herself specifically for me." Silver now began to quiver and back away more quickly. "Don't you dare leave now," she said walking to him. "If you want answers, then sit down." He did as commanded. Luna walked to her dresser, and lifted her breast plate onto her body. "I never appreciated the lies we had to tell you, nor did my sister, but there were reasons for them," Luna touched her horn to Silver's and they were transported to Luna's memory of the day she first met Silver.

"What does it say?" Luna asked, staring at the orb. Silver noticed the room they were in. It was Celestia's room in the Everfree Castle. A younger, much less intensified Celestia was staring at the two foals now in her care.

"An empire has fallen to a dark power," Celestia spoke softly, "and these two are the key to stopping that power. The filly can see the love in all of the hearts of all the creatures, and the colt has a desire to protect what is right."

"What does that mean? Protect what is right?"

"I am not sure yet, sister." Celestia turned to the filly, "Her trap could leave her in crystal for centuries, but it will drain her life force. Alicorn magic can heal those bonds, but the crystal has to wear on its own."

"Such a terrible fate to put on a child," Luna was appalled and was showing her distaste for whoever had done this awful deed. The colt turned and sat up, his gaze turned to the two beautiful alicorns standing before him, looking down on him. He winced and cowered away, trying to hide behind the crystallized filly. "Come out little one," Luna's voice had boomed and echoed throughout Celestia's chambers. It only made the colt cry. "Oh, no! Thou dost not need to be frightened!" Luna's voice had lightened, but the scared colt was not going to be moved by her words.

"Dear child," Celestia's gorgeously sweet voice radiated and even made the room feel as though it had brightened itself, "please do not be frightened." The colt could still not be moved.

"Wh- where's my mother, a-and my-my father, where a-am I?" The colt sheepishly asked still behind the crystal protection.

"Dost thou remember where thou came from?" Luna asked. There was no answer.

"Let us speak as commoners," Celestia whispered in to Luna. "His dialect seems different." She turned back to the small, timid colt. "Tell me little colt, what is your name?" Celestia's sweet voice had coaxed him out into the open, sort of. Some of his body was still hiding behind the crystallized filly, keeping an eye on Luna as he slowly looked around, finally meeting Celestia's eyes.

"Th-Thir-teen," he finally answered. As soon as he answered, he cowered back behind the crystal.

"That is no name for a handsome looking stallion as yourself," Celestia's smile glowed, and her voice again coaxed the little colt out from his hiding spot. His coat was shining silver, a crystal pony silver, and while the crystal look to his coat had worn off, its glow had not. He was practically a light of his own, and the dusk was giving his coat a beautiful sterling silver shine. Then the name had come to Celestia. "I know the perfect name for you," her smile now widened, "Silver Radiance."

The dream faded, the two were back in Luna's room. She sat on her haunches, waiting for a response from Silver. They sat in silence for a very long time, neither saying or doing anything. Silver was doing his best to soak in everything he had just learned about his past.

"So what was so important that you needed to keep secret from me and my past?" He finally asked.

"Your fire," Luna quietly answered. "At the time, we had no inclination as to what we were supposed to hide from you, and it escaped us until I caught you one night, lit up like the morning sun, and," she hesitated, "more."

"Oh," Silver looked disappointed, "that night." He remembers it clearly. Luna had seen his fiery form, and she nearly had him banished immediately to Tartarus before she realized who he was.

"Yes," Luna continued seemingly unphased by Silver's mind being sidetracked, "and I hope you are not still holding ill will from that encounter."

"I believe I should be the one asking," Silver turned to face the window, the looked back at Luna. "I believe I was lucky one since you were far enough away."

"I was not quite in the mood for a roast," she tried to be humorous. Silver instead was now furious, then depressed, on the verge of tears. Her words had dejected Silver.

"Yes," he walked towards the door, "nor was I."

"I'm sorry Silver," Luna reached a hoof out to Silver and tried to gently hold him back, but he continued. "I di-"

"I know, Princess Luna," and he left without another word.


Twilight caught Silver sitting on a bench inside a large greenhouse in the castle's garden. When she reached him, it was like he was staring at the flowers, not looking at them. He was lost in thought, and was away from anypony who could interrupt his thoughts, anyone except Twilight of course. She got closer, and closer, but Silver did not move. He remained unphased, like he had tunnel vision. Twilight thought he might be purposely ignoring her, but when she waved a hoof in front of his face, his eyes did not even shutter. He remained still as a statue lying on the bench. An hour had passed and he had barely moved an inch if at all. Twilight finally became curious and stood again, examining Silver. Still no motion from him. She poked him, then quickly backed away. Still no movement. She moved to face him, eye to eye. His pupils were dilated. She had not taken notice of this before, but now she sees that his entire body seemed to be relaxed, almost as if he was asleep. Now it made her tired, and she yawned. The grass was very soft, very comfortable. It was to be expected though. This garden was the most well kept garden in Equestria, and all of its plants from the grass to the trees to the foreign plants were all in perfect condition all year round. Soon Twilight had fallen asleep.

When Twilight had awoken, the sun had just set and the moon and stars were now beginning to glisten inside the deep dark blue sky. She looked over to an empty bench where Silver was before. A small torch had also been lit and was levitating above the ground about a foot from Twilight.

"You sleep very well when you are no longer bothered with book studies," a sweet voice had called from behind Twilight.

"Princess Celestia," She turned to see Celesita smiling at her. She was not wearing her usual golden shoes.

"How are you fairing, Princess Twilight?" Twilight quickly stood and bowed to Princess Celestia. Just as quickly, Celestia caught her and stood her back up. "Now Princess Twilight this isn't a formal meeting, you should know by now you have no need to bow to me."

"Sorry," Twilight blushed, "habit."

"Perfectly fine," Celestia remained smiling to her former student. "Now, how are you fairing?"

"I'm okay, thanks," Twilight replied. "And thanks for the blanket," she said holding it up with her magic, folding it up and putting it on her back.

"Tell Silver," she said with a giggle, "I was merely here to admire the lovely lilies that only bloom at night. They are quite a sight when the moon shines as brightly as it should." She looks to the moon as if she were hoping it would hear her, or that maybe Luna was in its direction. "I used to loath bringing up the moon and stars every night. Did you know?" Twilight shook her head. "It only reminded me of how I had to banish my sister, and I refused to raise them for some time. I tried desperately to get my sister back, but the Elements of Harmony saw my action as a betrayal to the natural balance, and would no longer allow me or my sister to ever use them again."

"Princess Celestia," Twilight quietly approached, "not to sound rude, but why are you telling me this?" Celesita turned to Twilight, smiling, but Twilight caught Celestia's gleaming eyes.

"That was the night my entire family had disappeared," she turned and laid down next to the flowers, "At times I'm afraid this is just a dream, and at other times," she paused, "I wish I would wake up. This unbound stress that has come with the return of my family keeps me from fully enjoying their return."

"What do you mean, Princess?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Oh my," she chuckled at herself. "I believe I've said too much. For now do not worry yourself, Twilight Sparkle, but talking with you has cleared my mind for the night." She took a few more moments to admire the lilies then stood again and walked to the greenhouse door, slid on her shoes she was not wearing earlier. "Perhaps I can get some rest now." The door closed and the torch had gone out.

Twilight decided to take a look at the flowers Celestia had mentioned before. They were very beautiful. There were orange flowers, pink flowers, white, yellow, and red, all meshed together and it looked like one big paint blob. Like a modern art piece, it was beautiful to take in, though if there was any meaning behind how they were planted or how they bloomed were in question. Regardless, it was a marvelous sight, and it captivated Twilight's senses. The sight combined with the smell of the flowers made it feel warm and bright all around her.

The door opened behind her and her admiration flipped and was now staring at Silver. "How are you feeling Pri-"

"Stop right there, Silver," Twilight demanded. "Look if we are going to be around each other this often, I think you should just start calling me Twilight."

"Princess Twilight," Silver smiled back. "It is merely a formality to address those with authority properly."

"Whether or not I have authority," Twilight walked closer to Silver, "We are not on business, or any diplomatic meeting." She stopped in front of him and hugged him. "I would prefer that my friends call me by my name, not my title." Silver was surprised. Even as Twilight let go of him he stood motionless and speechless.

"A friend?" He asked,

"Yes, of course," Twilight smiled. "What's wrong with that?"

"N-Nothing, I just," he paused for a long while. "I am truly at a loss of words."

"Well all you need to know is that I'm here for you if you need to talk about anything," Twilight sat back on her haunches. "I read about memory alteration spells and their effects."

"You have nothing to worry about, Prin- I mean Twilight," Silver blushed. "Mother and I conversed about the previous misunderstanding." He sat down beside her. "I have come to apologize for misleading you as well." Twilight cocked her head and gave Silver a puzzled looked, egging him on to continue. "You have been worn out by doing simple spells, and I have only had you practicing for a couple of days. I have been trying to rush you, and I am sorry."

"Rush me?" Twilight asked, still confused. "How?"

"In the room we practice in, there is a trap door with an escape tunnel, I cast a charm in that tunnel to focus your magical abilities. I made you use twice the magic you actually needed to use these spells."

"I- didn't even know that was possible," Twilight said sounding dumbfounded.

"When you live a thousand years," he smiled cheekily, "you tend to pick up on a few things." His smile quickly turned as he went back to being serious. "As it is, that is the first thing I need to apologize for."

"There's more?"

"Yes," he replied with a sigh. "The Princesses and I have both been deceiving you for some time, and regardless of what they feel on the subject, I believe it is time that you know."

"Know what?" Twilight was trying to wrap her head around where Silver was attempting to go with his story.

"Well obviously by now, you know that there is at least one better teacher than I to teach this type of magic to you. However, she cannot because she is busy preparing for what I am preparing you for."

"What is that exactly?" Twilight asked, still confused.

"War, my dear," he looked to the flowers. "You will be our last hope, Twilight. You will be the guardian of Equestria if our princesses fail. I am training you to have the magical ability to raise both the sun and moon, in case worse comes to worse." Silver's words struck Twilight in an odd place she had not felt before. It was like a pain in her stomach, but it also made her sick all around her body. She felt dizzy and while already sitting down, she nearly felt like collapsing to the ground.

"W-what do- you mean by fail?" She asked, dreading the answer she was sure to come.

"If they fail," he reiterated cryptically, "you will become the ruling princess of Equestria, and as such, I am teaching you to be able to not only defend it, but also to move the celestial bodies around it," he laughed at himself. "However, I cannot actually teach you to move them, but you will know how when the time is right."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Twilight now thoroughly confused, was hoping for a straight answer.

"No idea," Silver smiled and laughed. "Isn't it strange?" It nearly sounded like he was excited. Twilight did not seem to share the same enthusiasm, but she nodded. "Oh, let me get that for you," Silver took notice of the blanket still on Twilight's back. He took it in his magic and put it on his back and his horn glowed, intending to quickly put the blanket away, but he stopped and his head was now turning about the garden.

"Can you hear that?" he said quietly, trying not to raise attention.

"I can't here anything," Twilight remarked, also keeping her voice down. Silver looked around, then walked closer to the lilies, still looking for something. Twilight was tired of being lost. "Will you tell me what's going on?!" she shouted. Her voice did not even merit a response from him. "Silver?" She quickly trotted over to him. His eye were rapidly pacing back and forth, a small film over his eyes. "Hello!" she waved a hoof in front of his face. Again, no response. Okay let's try this, she thought to herself as she lifted a hoof to try and poke him. Suddenly his horn shot out a bright orange glow. Twilight tried to pull away, but it was too late, her world was now being turned inside out and then reshaped like a pretzel, then torn apart again.

Silver had teleported them both somewhere, but Twilight had no idea where. She was still too dizzy to tell which was was up at the moment. The only thing she knew for sure was that it was lightly sprinkling. As things came into focus, she noticed a large black figure directly in front of her, and Silver was standing over it.

"You're here?" a croaking mare's voice choked out. "So it is happening," she looked scared; sounded scared. "It- d- doesn't hurt, does it?" Twilight could hear a small sob as Silver was welling up with tears, he knelt down. The mare was fairly large, but it was too cloudy outside in the dark to make out what her true colors were. It was too dark for her to focus on where the ground really ended and where the body actually began.

"Do not worry," he smiled and tried to calm her. "Just," he whimpered, "try to rest now." He now turned his gaze to Twilight. "We have to help her!" he shouted desperately. "Help me!"

"Who is it?" Twilight asked.

"What does it matter at the moment? She needs our help!"

"But I don't know what's wrong! How can I help!"

"I," he stopped, "I don't know." He sat and thought for a second. Then he lifted the mare's large head and he touched his horn to hers. "Please work," he cried out desperately. His horn glowed an eerie green color and it soon enveloped the mare's horn, and as the two glowed, it became painfully clear who it was. Twilight would notice that twisted horn from anywhere.

"What are you doing?!" She shouted at him. "You know who that is, don't you?" For the third time tonight, Silver again ignored her. Then the mare's eyes opened, and she took in a huge breath, but the magical transfer had not stopped. She stood, and Silver slowly fell. The mare now at full height rivaled Celestia's height, eyes glowing, bug-like wings outstretched, slowly taking in another large breath; her hair, regaining depth, the liver spot on her neck now disappearing, and the holes on her legs becoming less rigid. A few more seconds and the glowing from Silver's horn stopped and he hit the ground, smiling.

"Are you completely insane?" The queen now looking down at Silver. He nodded.

"Sorry," Silver's consciousness slipping, he began to hallucinate, "I had to use you, Mother." He quietly passed a last look to Twilight, thoroughly shocked and confused, and then closed his eyes.

Chrysalis turned to face Twilight, and walked to her. Twilight tried to run, but she was quickly taken up by Chrysalis's magic. She turned Twilight to face her. "Sorry, but-"

That was all Twilight managed to hear before she was out cold.