• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 443 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria in Ruins - Eclipse Shine



The destruction has already been dealt but is it possible to reverse what has been done? Eclipse Shine and her friends set off on a journey never attempted before to finally restore peace in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 7
 443

Intro: The Wake of Destruction

Before I tell you my story let’s go back in time a little, back when the damage was first dealt.

The mane six had perished in an effort to save Equestria from King Sombra who had come back from the abyss from which he had fallen. They were successful in defeating the corrupted King but they perished as well. Their deaths were the catalyst to the Elements of Harmony unleashing all the dark forces which they held since they were first forged by the elusive tree of Harmony. That’s when the real trouble began.

The forces that the Elements of Harmony held were so wicked that they corrupted Princess Luna turning her into Nightmare Moon. Celestia had to send Nightmare Moon back to the Moon before eternal night had come. It wasn’t long before the forces started to corrupt Princess Celestia, eating away at her conscience and eventually taking over every action.

A team of elite royal guard, including Shining Armor had set out to lock up Celestia and succeeded; but not without losing a few souls in the process. Princess Celestia concentrated her wicked magic against Shining Armor while Princess Cadence had swept in from above to push Celestia into a cell. Cadence succeeded but not before Princess Celestia had unleashed her magic on her. The wound proved fatal.

The cell was sealed off with magic and Shining Armor never married again; he spent the rest of his days alone. With no one in charge of Equestria and Shining Armor too torn to take the lead, anarchy had set in. Many have tried to restore peace but have failed. And those that succeeded were short lived and later died from unknown causes.

That’s where I come in. I’m part of a group of ponies attempting to bring back peace to Equestria. We don’t know what we will face but we know that together we can succeed!