• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 2,131 Views, 48 Comments

So you want to be a Changeling? - Diamond Sparkle



Scootaloo has had a secret desire for a long time...a desire to become a Changeling

  • ...
15
 48
 2,131

Chapter Three-Earning Her Wings

"But your Majesty, Sweetie Belle is Rarity's sister, and she will go to the ends of the earth to find her," Scootaloo protested.

"That is why you are going to transform into Sweetie Belle and take her place, so that Rarity will never know that her beloved sister has been spirited away. After one more night at this Hive where you will get your wings and plenty of cups of love, you will live an undercover life as Sweetie Belle, and once a month you will come back to this Hive to kick up plenty of love. Look on it as taxation. Don't worry, you'll have all the love you need, and you can resume your pony life as a Cutie Mark Crusader. And you can award yourself a Cutie Mark too. I recommend one that employers will like. Now, do your duty, prospect."

Scootaloo sighed but did what she was told. As she climbed into the basket, she thought to herself If this works I will get my very own working set of Changeling wings...I will be able to take the shape of a pegasus and go to Cloudsdale, and fly from place to place. Only when I'm not busy pretending to be Sweetie Belle of course. As for Sweetie, she'll think she's in Heaven in the cocoon. I am doing the right thing. Soon enough the changelings above her took pony shape as they crossed the border into Equestria, and she took her old shape. A few hours later, Scootaloo saw Ponyville was not far away. I have to get in there quickly, kidnap Sweetie Belle and get out. The problem is, how to stop Rarity from missing her absent sister? Perhaps one of the other changelings could take her place but then how would we be able to get myself and the cocooned Sweetie Belle back to the Hive? I don't have my wings, after all.

Once she landed she told the changelings "Follow me but at a distance, so it does not seem that we are a group." She headed towards the schoolhouse where she knew that Sweetie Belle and the rest of the class would be, and soon enough the bell rang and the class almost stampeded out of school. Babs Seed, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom came out together. "You're back! How was it in Prance?How much did you miss us?" Apple Bloom asked her.

"It was enjoyable enough and the food was lovely, and of course I missed you fillies. Can I hang out with you tonight for a sleepover?"

"Certainly," Sweetie Belle replied.

Scootaloo chatted to them about Prance, making it up as she went along since in fact she had never been there. Luckily for her, none of her friends had been there either. Inside she was thinking about what to do next. I need to get Sweetie Belle when Apple Bloom is not looking and then get her cocooned and dragged away to the Hive. Next morning they can take me away and I can get my wings. Or, I could try teleporting there but...whilst a mighty alicorn could do such a thing, I'm not even fully grown. I doubt if I could teleport anything more then half a mile at most. And I won't earn my wings if I don't bring back Sweetie Belle alive and intact. She came up with an idea and took some time when she and Babs Seed were alone to say "Tell the other Changelings to come back at midnight, and I'll have Sweetie Belle fanged and cocooned. They can take her back and then if need be return for me. hopefully by dawn."

Babs Seed replied "I know of a couple of other changelings who will take Sweetie Belle back for you, but how can you explain her absence for the time when you are at the Hive being Winged In?"

"I'll leave a note saying that I am going to go shopping in Canterlot. She's done that at least once, after all. Canterlot does have the very best shops, even if most of them are a bit expensive. And hopefully that will give me the time it takes to get back and take Sweetie Belle's place. It's going to be strange pretending to be her, maybe for the rest of my life, but that's part of being a Changeling."

"And you're not going to have any second thoughts or regrets?" Babs Seed asked.

"Hell no, my loyalty is to the Hive now. Besides, Rarity will be like a mother to me. The kind of mother that I never really had as a pony."

As the evening went on Sweetie Belle chatted with her friends, unaware that two of them were now changelings and that she would now never get a cutie mark on her flank except in her dreams. That night, Scootaloo and Babs Seed crept into her bedroom, and whilst Babs Seed clapped her hooves over Sweetie Belle's mouth, Scootaloo drove her fangs into Sweetie's neck in just the place where she had been taught back at the hive. After a single muffled cry Sweetie Belle went limp and was quickly wrapped and cocooned by the two changelings working together. They took her outside where two undisguised changelings were waiting, and the two flew away with her quickly.

With a flash of green flame, Scootaloo took on Sweetie Belle's shape and wrote a letter to Rarity explaining that she was going to Canterlot for the day, and then climbed into the basket and was flown back through the night to the Hive where she would receive her wings and become officially a full member of the Hive. She marvelled at how good and how large Princess Luna's moon seemed from up here. This is the last time that I will have to be carried in a basket to fly. Once I earn my new wings I will be able to fly and climb and dive and loop the loop and maybe even fly as well as Rainbow Dash someday. I hope that I am never called upon to attack Rainbow Dash-she is still my idol. But if I had to do so, I suppose I would have to take the Hive's side in the matter.

It was still before dawn when the black castle that served as Chrysalis's Hive showed up, and Scootaloo got even more excited.

Author's Note:

I think this fic has a final chapter and then it will be finished. Sorry that my chapters keep on getting smaller.