• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 1,289 Views, 32 Comments

The Time Lord and Rainbow Dash - RandomHamster33

  • ...
17
 32
 1,289

End of Story 1

"Do you have the Doctor?"

Jay wrung his hands together. "We don't know for sure."

"You must locate the Doctor!"

"Well, we think we have, but he hasn't given us any information. He's just not telling us, plus the girl he has with him isn't helpful either."

"Your family will become like us if you do not get the Doctor."

"Please, don't! We'll get the Doctor! Just give us a little more time. . "

"You have one more day. That's it."

"One day?"

"Yes, one. We need the Doctor!"


"I'm not telling you anything," the Doctor said defiantly. He shook his head and looked away.

"Better speak up, or you'll regret it!" Jay growled.

"How many times have you said that? Oh, nine? Yeah, seems right."

"I think it was actually eight times," Rainbow Dash corrected. The Doctor glanced over at her.

"I never get it wrong. I know what I'm doing."

"Yeah, but not this time."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" Seven exclaimed, throwing her head back in her chair. Rainbow and the Time Lord glanced over at her. "Will you two shut the fuck up?!"

"That kind of language is not appreciated. This is a family friendly environment," the Doctor scolded.

"We're tied to chairs, in an interrogation room! You've been hit by a car! This was never family friendly!"

"She's kinda right," Dash agreed. She looked over at the Doctor.

"Who's side are you on?" he asked sharply.

"Oh my god, kill me now," Seven groaned. If she could facepalm, she would.

"I think we can arrange that," James muttered.

"James," Jay warned.

"Why do you need us alive, huh? That question's been on my mind for so long now," the Doctor said.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Steph snapped.

"The bosses need you. That's all you're getting from us," James growled.

"Well, yeah, but for what? That's what I want to know," the Doctor repeated. "I also want to know why you need a Dranna to take the form of another Dranna just to 'pretend' to be our ally when all she would do is something so stupid that it gives her away on sight."

Everyone in the room gasped, excluding the Doctor and Rainbow Dash.

"What? How'd he know?" James exclaimed.

"What the hell did you do?" Jay demanded, pointing at Seven.

"I didn't do anything! I thought I'd done a pretty good job!" she replied. Five pairs of eyes turned to the Doctor and Dash.

"Oh please, you think that I of all people wouldn't be able to tell? I'm here for a reason, you know," the Time Lord smirked.

"He and I have known for a while. He told me after he knew," Rainbow added. She flashed a grin at the assembled people.

"And now would be the time to activate our plan, Dashie."

"Right."

Rainbow Dash kicked up her leg, hitting the nearest person in between their legs, which just happened to be James. He cried out and fell over from the hard kick. She then stood up and grabbed the chair she was sitting on. Jay took out his gun and fired at her, but she quickly ducked down and then brought the chair swinging across the room. He was smashed in the head and fell over.

"Come and get me, buckers," Dash said mockingly. Her wings spread open and she smashed right through the door with a flying kick. Steph screamed in anger and took off after her, a shocked Simon following close after.

The Doctor, meanwhile, was slipping out of his ropes. The stitches in his back pulled on his skin and he grimaced, but he continued. His feet slipped away and he stood up, brushing himself off.

"Not so fast!" 'Seven' yelled, shrugging her ropes off. She hurled herself at the Time Lord. He quickly took out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it at her, clutching onto the doorframe as he tried to leave the room. The fake alien slammed into the Doctor, her disguise wearing off. As she sat on the Time Lord's chest, she glanced down at her hands.

"I'm so good at this," the Time Lord snickered as he saw her. Instead of the red-haired violet-eyed Dranna, there was now a brunette, hazel-eyed girl. She had a white t-shirt and jeans on, with small white shoes.

"How'd you know I wasn't Seven?" she demanded.

"Please, you might as well have just written a blog post about it! I've known since I laid my eyes on you."

"That still doesn't explain how."

"Well, here's how it works: you tell me who you are, and I'll tell you what you'd like to know." The Doctor smirked until a gun was held up to his forehead.

"No, here's how it's going to go down: you tell me what the fuck the Cybermen would want you for!"

A pregnant pause followed.

It was a few minutes before any of them spoke.

"Cybermen?" the Doctor asked.

"Yes!" the Dranna blurted, eyes darting across the room, "yes. We had to! We didn't want to die!" Her voiced died down. "They have our families. That's the only reason we're doing this. We didn't want to do any of this, but the Cybermen said they'd turn them into one of them if we didn't. I could never stand that happening to anyone, especially Seven." Her eyes glittered with sadness for a moment. "When I said it was my sister's first time out; I meant me. She's way older and more experienced than me. If I was in her position, she probably could've pulled this off."

"Please, um. ." He trailed off, studying her eyes. She met his gaze and answered before he could say anything.

"Lae," she said.

"Nice to meet you Lae; in person this time, not with you in what I presume to be your sister's body," the Time Lord responded. "And by the way, no one could ever pull a fast one on me." He gave her a grin.

"Nice to meet you in real time too." She got up and helped the Doctor to his feet. "I better help Jay and James. They'll want to talk to you."


"Then what're we going to do? Doctor, we can't let their families die. I'm loyalty incarnate; I have to make sure their loved ones are safe," Rainbow Dash stated firmly.

"I know, Dash. We just need something; anything! to beat them with. I'm thinking, but they've got us in a trap," the Doctor replied as he paced the room. They had all gotten together to think of a plan once Lae had said the gig was up. They were now in a different room, still sparsely furnished, but it didn't matter.

"Well, I think I know a way. . ." Simon admitted, shrinking in his chair. Everyone's eyes turned to him. He tapped his fingers together and then stood up, going to the whiteboard on the far side of the room. He grabbed a black marker and began drawing.

"Okay, here's the plan: the Cybermen need the Doctor, right?" Simon started, glancing at the assembled group. They all nodded. "So all we need to do is give him up."

"But they'll kill him!" Rainbow Dash yelled, jumping off the ground in indignation.

"They'll kill our families, too, if we don't!" Simon growled, "and you didn't let me finish." He took a breath. "Anyways, we give them the Doctor. Then, presuming they'll ignore us afterwards, we stay down in the basement. I'm not sure what the Cybermen need, because, according to the Doctor, they can't make him into one of them as he has two hearts; which, by the way, I think is pretty sweet. Then we just find some weapons and kill them or whatever. I don't know anything about alien technology."

"Like. . bait?" James asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Technically," Simon answered.

"But how do we get anything strong enough to kill those things?"

"I don't know. But we need some sort of weapon."

"Urg, I wish I was still in Maui." James sighed and dug around in his pocket, searching for his cigarettes. He lit one up and took a deep drag, then slowly blew it out. Dash, who was right next to him, coughed, waving her hand in front of her face.

"Can you not smoke here? My nose is once again dying," she groaned.

James shot her a look. "Hey, Miss Falcon Kick, shut up."

"What did you just say to me? I will not shut up!" She lifted a wing and smacked him upside the head with it, causing him to fall off the table he was sitting on. She smirked and turned back to the conversation.

Jay ran a hand down his face, then shot a look at the Doctor. "How do you travel with her?"

The Time Lord grinned, shrugging. "I don't even know."

"Doctor, you tread on dangerous ground," the pegasus warned.

"Right." He gave her a sheepish smile. "So, back to the plan. I think it'll work."

"You do?" Steph asked, surprised. She cast a glance at Simon. "This is probably one of his stupidest ideas, not that they're not all stupid. ."

"Hey!" Simon growled, shaking his fist.

"You guys are so childish," Lae moaned.

"Calm down. Let's put this into action, shall we?" the Doctor suggested.

"But what do we kill the Cybermen with?" James asked, pulling himself off the floor, cigarette still sticking out of his mouth.

"Just trust me on this one. We won't need anything."


"Okay: act natural. Just lead me downstairs and I'll do the talking," the Doctor said to Jay, who was standing behind him. His hands were 'tied' behind his back. Rainbow Dash stood next to James. Both were currently giving each other death glares.

"Alright. Here we go," Jay responded shakily. He opened the door to the basement and walked with the Doctor down.

Lae and Steph exchanged glances, but kept going. Simon closed the door after everyone had entered, taking one last glance at the outside world. Would they ever see the light again? If this plan didn't work, he doubted they would.

The basement was dark. But as soon as they reached the bottoms step, lights flickered on. The whole room was illuminated. Dozens upon dozens of rows showcased the Cybermen waiting to be activated. In the center of the room was a single Cyberman. As the lights came on, it turned around.

"I see you have brought the Doctor," it droned on.

Jay shakily nodded. "Yes. Here you go." He shoved the Doctor towards the Cyberman. The Time Lord smirked, facing the alien creature with no fear.

"Hi! Long time no see," he said cheekily.

"Silence, Doctor," it commanded. "Your talking will get you nowhere." It took a few steps towards him.

"So, why am I here exactly?" the Doctor asked, glancing around as if he couldn't care less.

"You will fix the Cyber controls. Fix the controls. Save our race."

The Doctor blinked in surprise. "Technical support? That's the reason you wanted me? To fix the controls?"

"Our components are broken. You will rebuild us and restore us, so that we may continue fixing the Earth's people."

"Psshh, that's so ridiculous! Why would I help some of my greatest enemies?" The Time Lord gave a few laughs.

"Would you allow a race to be extinguished, Doctor?" The Cyberman took a step forward. "Would you allow a race to die slowly, with no means of rebuilding themselves?"

The Doctor stopped. He glanced at the hundreds of Cybermen, waiting; waiting to be freed from their eternal slumber. "I. ."

"Don't you even think about it!" Rainbow Dash yelled. Her growl vanished from her face when she saw the expression upon the Doctor's.

He glanced back at the Cyberman. "Why can't you do it?"

"We do not have communications with the mothership. We are isolated," it answered.

"I know you have the knowledge at your disposal."

"There was a system failure. I know nothing."

"I see. . ." The Doctor let his eyes roam the seemingly endless supply of Cybermen. "But even if I do fix you, I can't allow you to use the people of Earth to restore your army."

"The humans of Earth are inadequate. They must be changed."

"No, they aren't," the Time Lord growled. He let his arms fall to his sides. "But I'll fix you." He walked towards the controls located by the single wake Cyberman.

"Doctor!" Rainbow Dash yelled, zipping up near him, ignoring the metal creature, "you realize if you do this, you may endanger the whole planet?"

"I do, but. . " The Doctor was already fiddling with the various wires inside the large, metal container, using his sonic screwdriver to meld some together. "I can't let any races die because of me." With a final zap, every single Cyberman burst into life. The lights flickered dimly. But nothing else happened.

"Goodbye, Doctor," said the Cyberman that had been talking earlier. The herd of aliens started walking, mechanically, slow, and with purpose, towards the center of the room. A teleportation device sat there.

"Oops, right. Better fix this also," the Time Lord realized, taking his sonic yet again and opening a hatch on the side of the machine. A few moments later, it buzzed into life, a thin, light blue layer encasing the inside. Then, slowly, one by one, the Cybermen entered. In a matter of minutes, they were gone.

"Wha- what?" Lae stuttered. All eyes turned to the Doctor, who was grinning.

"They wanted me to reprogram them, so I did. To not kill. Won't last forever, of course. But long enough for their ruler to find out how to undo what I did, so that they're long gone from anywhere near Earth before they finally know," the Doctor said.

"Wow. . thanks Doctor," Jay said, smiling.

"Whoops! Almost forgot!" The Doctor leaned over the the control panel and flicked a switch. A door opened on the far side of the room. A few people stumbled out blearily. Upon seeing the people waiting for them, they burst into smiles and ran towards them.

A girl with bright red hair and violet eyes emerged, then ran towards Lae. "Oh, Lae, I'm so glad you're alright!" She hugged her sister ferociously. The brunette Dranna caught the Time Lord's eye and winked at him.

"Well, Doctor, you did it again," Rainbow Dash congratulated, hovering in the air next to him. They traded grins.

"Yep, guess I did," he responded. He stuck his hands in his pockets.

James had two little children in his arms, along with a pretty young woman who was standing next to him. She looked very small next to him, that's all she could say. Simon was holding his very pregnant wife in his arms, while Jay was bent down, smiling at a kid who looked to be around ten. Steph was in her husband's arms.

"Of course, out of all the people in this room, James is the one with the most children," Dash said sarcastically. James glanced up, a glare on his face, but it quickly turned into a smirk, which Rainbow gladly returned. When his wife and kids weren't watching, it turned into a middle finger, which Dash also returned.

"Well, we have two on the way here," Steph said, smirking.

"You're having twins?" Jay asked, looking over at Steph.

"No, moron! But Simon's wife is pregnant. That's where the other kid comes from." She lets out a laugh and everyone else joins in.

"Well," the Doctor started, casting his gaze onto Dash, looping his arm through hers, "ready to go?"

Rainbow grins and shakes him. "Yep."

"Bye, Doctor! We'll see you again someday, I'm sure of it," Jay said, saluting the Time Lord.

"And sorry for hitting you with my hummer!" James called. He gave a wave.

"Seeyah, Doc," Simon grinned.

"Bye!" Steph giggled.

"Hope to see you all again one day," the Doctor said. He gave a small wave. "Take care." And with that, Rainbow picked him up, a complete surprise to him, and zipped out the basement door.

The end.

(Of story 1, that is).

Author's Note:

. . . Next story will be better, I promise, but that does mean not as many updates.