• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 1,289 Views, 32 Comments

The Time Lord and Rainbow Dash - RandomHamster33

  • ...
17
 32
 1,289

Bad Turns

The Doctor heard voices. He tried to block them out; get back into the peaceful slumber he had been in earlier. He failed.

With a slight whine sounding much like a child when they were awoken for school, the Time Lord blinked open his eyes. He sat up, the beginning of a headache starting to pound dully in the back of his brain.

“Doctor! You’re awake!” a loud voice exclaimed in delight. Before he could react, a grinning face was shoved in his, pushing his head back. He felt two hands on his shoulder and then he was lifted on his feet suddenly. The Doctor stumbled a little bit, holding out his hands for balance.

Rainbow Dash grinned wider, keeping herself hovering in the air in front of him. “Feel better?”

The Doctor blew out of his mouth, smiling slightly. “For the most part.”

“Good! Because we have a visitor!” The pegasus moved out of the way, directing her long arm to the girl on other side of the TARDIS. The teen smiled, fluttering her fingers at the Time Lord. Her violet eyes flashed.

“Oh, I see. . .” he uttered. “So. . .?”

Rainbow nodded, rolling her eyes. “Yes, she’s alien. A—”

“—Dranna, yes, I know. I can tell by the smell.”

“Wait, what?” Dash questioned, raising a finger in the air.

“Oh, yes, indeed. Very unique smell, Dranna. A bit too salty for my taste, but other than that they don’t smell too bad,” the Doctor commented. The girl looked surprised—somewhat offended, also—and walked closer to the Time Lord.

“You know us, huh? Think you’re an expert, do you? Well then, tell me this—”

She was quickly cut off by the Doctor stopping her with his finger on her lips. “You all have chips in the backs of your heads to track you all and to let the agency know if you are hurt. Dranna come from the planet Kasten, run by a group of people that call themselves the Darks. I also know you are all stubborn as mules and demand something in return if you do something for someone else. You all have fake names and ages but tell others lies so they don’t know.”

Rainbow Dash looked completely shocked. Her mouth was open. “Oh my gosh!” She blinked once. “Hey, that means you lied to me!” She pointed a finger at the girl accusingly.

“Oh, and also, your code name is Seven,” the Time Lord added, his glasses on his face, looking quite intrigued, into Seven’s bright purple eyes.

Seven gaped, pulling away from the Doctor. She held her arms close to her as if she were cold. “How did you know all that?”

“Oh please. I knew it as soon as I got in the TARDIS. She was tracking you for some reason. She merely followed you here, taking her own course when Dash and I were incapacitated.” He took his glasses off his face and folded them back up. He tapped them against his palm a few times. “I knew I would have to find you; Dranna are always causing trouble. And I was right. Look where you ended up.”

“But you were caught too!” Seven defended herself.

“Oh please, if I had wanted to get away I would have. Didn’t exactly expect them to split my head open, mind you, but in the end my plan worked. Do you really think I would’ve let Rainbow just fly out in the open?”

“Why didn’t you tell me this?” the said pegasus inquired, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Because I knew you would go blabbing about it,” the Doctor said bluntly. Dash gasped. “And I expect you took the van by air?” He slowly turned to the side without moving his feet, raising an eyebrow.

Rainbow rubbed the back of her head sheepishly and avoided eye contact. “Eh heh, whatever gave you that idea. . .?”

“. . . Uh huh. You can get careless sometimes, that’s all I’m saying.”

Rainbow scoffed, turning her head away. “Me, careless? Never.”

The Doctor rolled his eyes and then directed his gaze back to Seven. “So, what’s been discussed while I was out?”

“How did you know my code name?” Seven asked quietly, eyes dark.

“Your eyes.”

“Then I’m guessing you know my age, too?”

The Doctor nodded.

“And my real name?”

Another nod. “But since I’m the good guy, I’m not going to let that information be public.” The Time Lord walked to the other side on the console and started fiddling with a few knobs absentmindedly. “Might as well get to work. So, Seven, Dash, what’s your most likely ridiculous plan?” He looked up from the controls.

“Well, Seven knows where their lair is,” Rainbow Dash explained. She looked over to Seven, indicating that she should take over from there.

Seven cleared her throat, shaking out of her thoughts. She reached into a pocket of her utility belt and removed a map. She brought it over to the Doctor and showed it to him. “Well, we’re here,” she said, indicating to the TARDIS which had been crudely drawn on, “and this is the thugs’ hideout,” she continued with a finger pointed to a spot across town.

“How did you find that out?” the Doctor inquired. His glasses were back on his face.

Seven snorted angrily, a look of hate creeping into her violet eyes. “It’s where my sister’s chip went offline. I checked it out upon arriving in America. Didn’t take too long to find out.”

“And I’m assuming that in return for helping us, we have to find your sister?”

Seven smirked. “You bet.”

“Well, come on then. We need to find out what those thugs are working for. It’s nonhuman, that much is certain,” the Doctor said. He took off his glasses and stuck them back in his pocket.

“But we need a plan, surely?” Seven guessed, placing her hands on her hips.

“Mmm . . . no.” He shook his head after pondering it. Before Seven could object, the TARDIS lights started to flash randomly. The Doctor jumped into action, running around the console, pressing buttons.

“What’s going on?” Seven exclaimed.

“She’s detected something! We’re about to move,” the Doctor responded. He flicked a switch above his head and then the familiar whirring sound filled the air. Rainbow Dash remained in her position in the air, while Seven fell against the railing when the spacecraft shifted.

“You can’t fly a box through the city! People will notice!” Seven exclaimed. She picked herself off the floor.

“Will you shut up for two seconds?!”

Seven gasped, mouth agape.

Suddenly, the TARDIS gave a massive jerk and stopped completely. A final dull thud signaled they were done. The Doctor slipped on his overcoat and stepped outside, Rainbow Dash right behind him. Seven glanced about the spacecraft once more before heading after the duo.

A large, factory like building loomed over them. It even looked like a hideout. A large metal fence separated them from the building. The Doctor stopped, waiting. After a moment, he motioned for them to follow.

“So, what do we do?” Dash whispered, her eyes roaming the dark atmosphere. Instead of flying, she had her wings folded on her back.

The Doctor cast his gaze around. “I say we head straight for the doors.” He stopped. “Seven, you got good defensive skills?”

Seven smirked, holding up her fists. “I can take these puny humans.”

Rainbow scoffed. “Then why didn’t you get out of their grasps earlier if you can kick their butts?”

“I didn’t want them to know for sure that I was an alien. I had to keep some profile.”

“Hey!” the Doctor hissed, “will you two be quiet? No need to blow our cover so soon into the mission.” He kept low to the ground as they snuck around the perimeter. They cam upon a metal door; a large lock was keeping them securely out. Once he was sure no one was watching, he took out his sonic screwdriver. As it buzzed, Seven cringed.

“Keep that thing quiet, will you? Talk to us about shutting up,” the Dranna growled irritably. The Doctor stood up in an exaggerated fashion, jerking the sonic about in his hand.

“It’s a sonic screwdriver! Sonic equals sound!” he whined in exasperation. At the outburst, a siren suddenly went off; red lights flashed brightly from the building. “They’re not very discreet with their business, are they?”

Rainbow Dash shot him a glare. She unfurled a wing, smacking the Time Lord upside the head, earning a yelp of pain from him. “You bucking idiot! Now they know we’re here!”

“. . Sorry. I’m not always the most discreet.”

Seven brought her hands up to chest level, shaking them angrily, a grimace on her face. “Will you hurry up and open the lock then?! We need to hide!”

The Doctor seemed to remember this and swiftly jerked his sonic down to the lock. It clicked open and the three stumbled in. They raced across the empty ground, going for a door. As soon as it was opened—revealing it to be a supply closet—they hid inside. The Time Lord locked it again.

As soon as they were settled in the darkness, Rainbow Dash let out a growl. She faced the Doctor. “I swear, you are the dumbest genius in the universe.” Another smack was heard.

The Doctor whimpered slightly. “Sorry. But—”

“Uh-uh-uh! No speaking unless you have some way of getting out of this mess.”

“Okay, okay. Let me just peek outside and we’ll go from there, alright?” The Doctor removed his sonic screwdriver and unlocked the door. He opened it a crack and put his eye up to it. After a moment, he nodded. “All clear, it looks like. Sirens and lights are off. Come on, let’s actually get inside the building this time.”

Dash and Seven followed behind the Doctor as he snuck up to a door. He unlocked it and carefully pushed it open.

They emerged into the large room. It was mostly empty, save for a smaller room right in the center. That one looked barely big enough for a person. Some chairs, a table, and a kitchen area with a stove, fridge, and other necessities were in an opposite corner from them. A map hung on the wall beside the chairs, numerous pins and tacks stuck in it. The room was dim; only ten large lights of the several hundred working. The ones that were on were in the corner. Several different corridors led away from the main room—also dimly lit. The room was empty.

“This place is really depressing,” Dash commented absentmindedly.

“Yeah. . . come on, let’s see what this thing is in the middle,” the Doctor said. He started approaching the room. It had glass covering it on one side to see into it. They walked to that side, as it was on the other side of them.

Seven quickly reached out, snagging the Doctor’s wrist. “I really don’t think we should look.”

“What are you talking about? Why not?” the Doctor questioned. His eyes narrowed.

“I-I . . . just don’t think it’s safe, that’s all.” She let her grip on the Time Lord soften slightly.

“It’s fine. Come on.” He broke free of the girl’s grip. He cast her one more glance and continued towards the center of the room.

Seven hesitated, cringing. She quickly looked around, searching. Finding what she was looking for, she snuck towards it. The large red lever felt cool on her hand as she gave it a swift yank. An extremely loud siren started wailing. The room’s lights flickered on at the same time, illuminating every shadow. Seven smiled slightly and returned to her spot beside the Doctor and Dash.

“What happened?” Rainbow asked, wings opening in alarm, ready to flee if they had to.

“Something triggered the alarm!” the Doctor exclaimed, “quick, run!” The trio sprinted towards the exit they had come from. Suddenly, a large metal covering snapped down in front of every door. Since there were no windows, they had no escape.

The rumbling of an engine roared from the largest corridor. A fairly large yellow hummer emerged, its engine growling menacingly at the intruders. Three people jumped out; the same thugs from earlier.

The large man held up a gun, aimed right at them. The smaller man and the girl grinned, brandishing their weapons as well.

“Well, well, well,” the big man started, chuckling darkly, “what do we have here? Trespassers?” He began a slow approach towards the group. “And aliens, no less.” He stopped. A snarl found its way onto his lips. “Since we have to have you in good condition for the bosses, we’ll go easy on ya. But not too easy, get what I’m saying? If you value your health, you’ll just surrender nicely.”

Rainbow Dash snarled, her upper lip pulling back to reveal her sparkling white teeth. Her wings flared menacingly. “Never.”

The large man smirked coldly for a moment before it vanished, replaced with a cruel snort. “So be it.”

The thugs lifted up their weapons and started firing. What came out were not regular bullets, but tranquilizers. The trio shot apart, dodging the first attack.

Rainbow instinctively took to the sky. She was a blur, going every which way to confuse the thugs. The Doctor had his sonic screwdriver out, jamming the firing mechanisms on the guns. Seven had retrieved two whips from her belt. She lashed them at the team, catching their wrists and yanking back fiercely.

Dash dive-bombed straight at the woman. The pegasus was a multicolored blur. As she sped towards the ground, she knocked the gun out of the woman’s hands in one well-aimed smack. As a retaliation, she grabbed a small device from her back pocket and threw it at Rainbow. She dodged it, confused, until the thing stopped in midair and created an electrical field. Dash was caught inside it. She yowled in pain and thrashed about wildly, stuck in the same spot.

Seven continued with her whips, shrieking in laughter. But the large man quickly reached out and took hold of one of the flailing weapons. Seven was tugged forward harshly, landing on her stomach. She winced and then looked up upon seeing the shadow over her. A foot crashed down on her back before she could get out of harm’s way. Seven growled angrily, then grabbed his foot. She pulled hard, and the man came crashing down on her. She was now on top of him, preparing to stab him in the throat with a sharp switchblade she had pulled out of her belt. A tranquilizer was suddenly stabbed in the side of her neck, courtesy of the smaller man. Seven woozily slumped to the ground, knife slipping out of her hand.

The Doctor saw both of the females go down, a tiny bit of worry slipping into his thoughts. He really didn’t have much time to help when suddenly the hummer was speeding towards him. The Time Lord’s eyes widened in surprise and he turned tail and ran. Being used to running (plus the fact that he was an alien), it wasn’t hard for him to run at a full out sprint and keep it up for over ten minutes. But it wasn’t like he had very many escape options, since he had no idea where any of the corridors led off to. Taking a chance, the Doctor ran into a hallway. The one he picked was quite long, so he had plenty of space to get his speed up.

He heard the vehicle’s engine blare loudly, its speed increasing. It was closing in on him, preparing to run him down. A sudden blast of air going by surprised him.

Rainbow Dash was right next to him, a dart in her neck. She had somehow managed to break free of the electrical field, going after the Time Lord.

“Doctor! Let me help!” she grunted, obviously struggling to stay in flight. With the last ounce of energy she had in her, Dash sprinted in a circle around the Doctor, increasing his speed so he was a blur. A swift wind started up under his feet, carrying him along, nearly as fast as the pegasus herself. As her tornado ended, she fell under the tranquilizer’s drug. Her wing beat slowed down and she wearily stopped, falling into the Doctor’s arms.

The Time Lord caught her and continued on his way. He skidded around a corner, finding another long hall. But when he rounded the next corner, there was a door. He quickly stopped, the extra speed boost he had gotten from Dash gone. Panting, the Doctor fumbled in his pocket for his sonic screwdriver. He groaned, exasperated, as he dropped it on the ground. He switched positions and slung Rainbow over his shoulder. Then he held the sonic up to the code pad on the side of the wall, overriding it and letting the door open. He began his sprint again. A huge crash sounded from behind him.

The large hummer smashed right through the doorframe, scattering chunks of concrete and plaster around the now gaping hole in the wall. The Doctor was watching from over his shoulder, eyes wide. He was slower now, and the vehicle was closing in on him.

Inside the hummer, the smaller man sat in the front seat, tranquilizer gun focused on the Doctor’s neck. One eye was closed, making sure he had a good aim. The driver carefully held the hummer steady, as not to run into anything unnecessarily. (That hadn’t, of course, applied to the door). A message buzzed in through the radio attached to the smaller man’s belt. He lowered his gun and unclipped it from his belt, bringing it up to his mouth.

“Did you get him yet?” It was the large man.

“Not yet, Jay, but don’t worry. This hallway comes to a metal grate covered door. He can’t get out. Plus, his little friend is unconscious, so it’s extra weight for him to carry,” the smaller man told to—presumably—Jay.

“Just get him, Simon,” came the growled reply. “Me and Steph are getting antsy.”

Deciding against correcting his boss on his horrible grammar, Simon gave a grunt in reply. “James and I are almost on top of him.”

Indeed they were. Only about twenty feet behind, Simon set his radio down and brought his gun up again. He waited for the image to come into focus, then fired. The small dart, tipped with a blue (oh, the audacity of that dart to be blue) fuzz, it connected with the Doctor’s neck. The Time Lord stumbled in surprise, but regained his footing and continued onwards. He didn’t show any signs of weariness.

Simon heard the crackling of static on the radio once again. “Get him?” asked Jay.

Simon narrowed his eyes angrily as he brought the small device up to his mouth. “No. The tranqs don’t seem to work on him.”

“Fuck!” came the muffled response. The sound of something breaking was heard in the background. Jay sighed. “Listen, who cares anymore about whether or not the bosses need him in top condition. Take him out, now.”

“Got that.” Simon clipped the radio back onto his belt. He turned to the driver and nodded.

James grinned and pushed on the gas pedal. The hummer sped down the hall, mere feet from the Doctor now. As the Time Lord skidded around a corner; his feet squeaking as he did, long brown coat flying out behind, that was it. The two in the car bore down on him.

The Doctor was smashed into by the bumper with a crunch. He flew forward, landing hard on his stomach. The hummer stopped with a screech, their target down at last. The Time Lord gave a long groan, trying to push himself up. He had thrown Rainbow Dash ahead of him so she wouldn’t be injured, but the hit had sent him flying way up past where she had tumbled along the hard concrete floor.

Simon quickly got out of the car, gun still in hand. The hummer’s engine rumbled idly behind him as he approached the Doctor. He towered over the downed Time Lord. Simon brought his gun up and for a moment the Doctor thought he saw a bit of remorse flash through his eyes, but he may have imagined it in his state. He saw the butt of the gun coming towards his head and that was it.

Author's Note:

Yeah. . .

I don't know what I'm doing.