• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 637 Views, 9 Comments

Doctor, Derpy, and Family: Episode 2: The Alicorns Have the Phone Box! - sharkray24



The Doctor, Derpy, Dinky, and Amethyst find themselves in a predicament after an adventure in Canterlot involving the Changeling attack when the TARDIS goes missing!

  • ...
2
 9
 637

Meanwhile

The Doctor and Derpy had just left the fifth Doctor's Tardis when its engines started whirring and it disappeared into thin air. "Where's he off to?" asked Derpy.

"Who knows?" said the Doctor.

"Uh...you do." replied Derpy.

"Well I'm sure it's not important, but anyways, Allonz-y!"

The Doctor ran towards the location that the Fifth had shown him on the map with Derpy right behind him. When they reached the spot, there was no TARDIS to be seen. Only a couple of garbage cans filled to the brim. "This doesn't make any sense." said the Doctor.

"Maybe another Doctor took it?" said Derpy.

"No, can't be that...there are skid marks here, as if the TARDIS was dragged. It would have to be really strong, and really...fast..." the Doctor looked up at Derpy. "I think I know who we're up against."

"Who would that be?" Derpy asked skeptically.

"A lonely assassin." replied the Doctor. "And I say one, singular, because there are skid marks, little as two lonely assassins could easily pick up my TARDIS with the shields down, which they might have been."

"Wait!" interrupted Derpy, "You're telling me you left your shields down!?"

"Well, yes but-" started the Doctor.

"That has to be the most stupid thing I've ever heard! This is all your fault for not putting up your bucking shields in the first place!" Derpy was about to tackle the Doctor when there was a loud bang from around the corner.

The Doctor and Derpy peered around the corner to see a statue with moss growing on it. It had large eyes, and a toothy grin, It wore armor and silver shoes. It resembled an Alicorn, but none of the princesses.

"There it is." whispered the Doctor. "The lonely assassin."

"And the TARDIS" whispered Derpy. Sure enough, the TARDIS was right behind the statue.

"Now Derpy," Said the Doctor not taking his eyes off of the statue. "Whatever you do, do not blink. Don't take your eyes off of it for more than a second."

"But it's a statue." commented Derpy.

"Right now it is, but the moment you look away, turn your head, blink, it's not a statue anymore. It's a hungry, living, lonely assassin."

"But...it's a statue. It can't hurt us."

"That's the thing, they have this defense system built into their genes, they turn to stone whenever they are being observed by any sentient being. A stone can't hurt you, but the you turn your head, you look away, you blink, and then yes it can, and yes it will."

"How does it," Derpy gulped, "Kill...its victims?"

"Well you see, Lonely assassins feed off of potential energy, that means when you are touched by an assassin, they send you back in time. Not any random amount either. What they do is take however long you were going to live after that point, and send you back that amount. They let you live to death. You should, in theory, die on the day that you were touched, but you live much longer. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Yes Doctor." replied Derpy. Derpy was very scared, but she didn't let it show.

"Now we just need to sneak around it without touching it and get into the TARDIS." said the Doctor.

They snuck around the statue, going between it and the brick wall. Just a little further and they would be there. But suddenly, Derpy tripped which knocked back the Doctor face down. Derpy flew up as the lonely assassin punched the brick wall causing it to collapse.

"Doctor! Look out!" The rubble was about to fall on the Doctor when Dinky came out of no where and used her magic to hold up the bricks.

Sweat rolled down Dinky's face as she struggled to hold up the rubble. "Dinky!" called Derpy and Amethyst at the same time. both heading for the small unicorn filly.

"Stay back!" Dinky warned. "I'm not sure how much I can hold it."

"Doctor do something!" cried Derpy, helping the stallion back to his hooves.

"Right...um, yes! Alright, everypony close your eyes." Said the Doctor after looking around, inspecting the surroundings.

"But Doctor what about the thi-" Derpy started.

"Precisely." said the Doctor.

"But what will happen to Dinky? Where will she go?" asked Derpy.

"What are you talking about?" Amethyst asked concerned.

"Trust me I have it all planned out now just close your eyes!" commanded the Doctor.

They all closed their eyes and after but a second, there was a sound like the wind and then the crash of the rubble. They all opened their eyes, the rubble was not that bad, the only thing that seemed to be damaged was the ground. But there was no sign of Dinky anywhere. All that was left of the lonely assassin was fine grey dust, and bits of dark grey rock and green moss in some places. But no sign of Dinky.