• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 766 Views, 11 Comments

Ever wonder what happened in that altenate Equestria High School Uninverse? I did. - Uncle Knot



So what would happen? Would the mane 5 really be Sunset's friend? And if Twilight is added to the mix?

  • ...
9
 11
 766

School Bus Ride

At the bus stop, Twilight meet two other girls.

“Howdy, I’m Applejack and this is my sister Apple Bloom”

“Hi”

“Wow, she …”

“Shush now, Apple Bloom, Twilight don’t need to hear some silly song”

“But I wasn’t… “

“Excuse me, how do you know my name?”

“Lucky guess?” said Apple Bloom

“Sunset called me last night, said to look for a new girl, I told Apple Bloom last night as she was drifting off to sleep. I reckon she got a bit confused.”

“Oh, so you and Sunset are friends?”

“Well, sort off, only recently did we patch up our differences”

“What kind of differences?”

“Yeah after she turned into a demon, and turned us into zombies, and tried to take over an alternate world where everyone is a pony” piped in Apple Bloom

“Yeah, like I’m going to believe that”

The school bus arrived and the three of them boarded it. It was the first stop and they were the only ones on the bus, except for the driver. Twilight put her backpack beside her on the bus to block Applejack’s attempt to sit with her. Applejack and Apple Bloom both took their regular seats further back in the bus. At the next stop, more kids climbed aboard. The ages of the kids varied from teenagers in the high school to kindergarteners. They didn’t pay much attention to Twilight other than saying ‘hi’ to the new kid. At one stop, a girl with pink hair got on. She carried her backpack like precious cargo.

“If you don’t mind, may I sit there?”

Twilight nodded and put her own backpack on her lap.

“My name is Fluttershy”

“Twilight Sparkle”

As the bus pulled into the school yard, Twilight did a quick census of the passengers. The bus was only half full with kids. Disembarking the bus, Twilight noticed that many of the students had walked to the school. A few of high school students had even driven, including a handsome boy, who gave Twilight a big smile from across the parking lot. Twilight hurried into the school. Sunset was waiting for her.

“Come along, I’ll show you your locker and then we are off to homeroom”

“Okay”

Twilight’s locker was in a dark hallway. One of the overhead lights tried to flicker to life, but kept dying. Twilight flung her backpack into the locker and slammed the door. Sunset flinched.

“Did I do something wrong?”

“No, I was thinking that Fluttershy sometimes smuggles her pets into the school in her backpack. You didn’t do that?’

“Err, no” said Twilight guiltily remembering how she had smuggled Spike into the school yesterday when she registered.
In the homeroom class, Twilight learned that Vice Principal Luna was also her homeroom teacher. The school seemed to be a bit short on staff with both Luna and Celestia doing double duty as teachers. Later in the science class, Twilight was able to escape Sunset’s constant presence. Twilight got a fashionista/drama queen for a lab partner. ‘Rarity’, as she introduced herself, was ‘most dismayed’ to be dissecting a frog. She let Twilight do most of the cutting work, while she drew the diagram. Twilight was impressed that Rarity could draw so well.

Next was the math class, with a pop quiz. Find the square root of 526. Twilight got the answer faster than Sunset, but Applejack seemed to be having problems. As the new star pupil, Twilight got ‘roaming assistant’ duty to help the slower students. So while helping Applejack, who didn’t seem to know the difference between a quotient and a derivative,
Twilight began pumping questions;

“If 5X=Y then Y/5 is = to? That’s an easy one.”

“1?”

“Let’s try this with something you know.”

“I know apples”

“If you put 5 apples in a pie, then 1/5th of a pie is how many apples?”

“1”

“Right, so does everyone in the school know I’m new?”

“Yup”

“And if you had 25 apples, how many pies could you make?”

“5”

“And did Sunset tell them all about me?”

“Nope”

“And if you had 5 pies, how many apples would you need?”

“125”

“And Sunset runs the school?”

“Not anymore”

“So who does?”

“The mane six do, sugar cube”

“Did you say the main six?”

“Yup”

“And if you had 100 apples, how many pies would you make?”

“20”

“So who are these main six?’

“We were kinda’of hoping to surprise you at lunch”

“Wait, what, you’re one of them?”

“Yup”

“Oh, I didn’t mean… “

“To imply we are keeping a really big secret from you?” Interrupted Sunset

“Well, it seems that way”

“When you’re ready to join us, we’ll be waiting”