• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 880 Views, 13 Comments

Hopes and Aspirations - Part 1 of 3 - That Pokemon Freak



A story about a young colt's life, how he came from nothing, no mother, no father and he had lost his sister, one day hoping to achieve his life goal and find his parents.

  • ...
13
 13
 880

The first friend

Chapter 2 – The first friend

“NO! For the last time, NO!” Basses words echoed through the yard of the orphanage.

“Fine be that way, we just wanted to be kind,” mumbled one of the foals as the small group of 5 wandered away back into the main part of the yard to continue play hide and seek.

“Can I get one moment to myself in this place?” said the colt under his breath. There was a new policy in place at the orphanage meaning that all foals had to spend at least an hour outside to get some fresh air, this was accepted well amongst all of the foals that lived there, all but one lonely little pegasus.

“Bass, could you come and see me for a second please?” called Mrs. Primrose, with a slightly concerned tone mixed in with her usual angry sounding voice.

“Do I have to?” answered the foal.

“YES! now don’t give me back talk you little trouble maker or ill lock up the turn table again.”

“Fine, I’m coming, I’m coming.” The little foal trotted up to the old earth pony and fluttered up so that they were face to face.

“look, Bass, I understand that you are not fond of other ponies, or playing, but you need to start making friends, you’re 3 now and you have been accepted into Cloudsdale primary school for next year, if you don’t learn how to make friends now then I fear that you never will.” Lectured the old mare, the usual anger in her voice switching to a mixture of kindness and sympathy. The little foal landed and stayed silent for a minute.

“I....I don’t need friends, all I need is my music and I will be fine, now stop worrying over me. Please?” Replied the little colt, with a quiver on his voice but maintaining the sense of anger above all.

He flew off to one of his many outside hiding places, this time it was his roof to perch, this was his favourite spot. There were only two pegasi in the orphanage and the other one was new, and therefore rather timid and unadventurous. The majority of the foals there were earth ponies, there were a few unicorns but not near as much as the earth ponies. Bass stared down at the foals playing on the different, predictably boring play ground equipment: swing set, slide, see-saw the works. The yard spanned around three sides of the complex, the back was the main and biggest part with all of the equipment in it. The other two sides were just thin, strips of grass with benches at the far end. The whole place was walled off by a 10 foot tall brick wall, it was rather daunting to the little foals, and persuaded them to behave.

As Bass was drifting off into one of his many day time naps, which made up for his lack of sleep at night, he heard a noise that was unsettling to him.

“No, leave me alone, I don’t have anything on me, please, I’m telling the truth.” Squeaked the voice of a little colt. The sounds were coming from one of the side alleys of the yard, too far away for Mrs Primrose to hear her.

“We don’t believe you, do we boys?” one of the voices retaliated quickly to the little colt making him shriek a bit
“Nope, not one bit Swift Hoof” said the other two voices in unison.

“Swift Hoof, that guy is a jerk” mumbled Bass softly to himself. Bass had to get a look at what was causing the dispute, an earth pony and two unicorns had cornered a little pegasus.

“Look just give us any bits you have on you and we will let you go, right boys?” said the earth pony.

“Yeah sure Swift Hoof” said the two unicorns once again in unison, as if they had rehearsed this scenario.

“I told you, I don’t have any bits.” Replied the colt, with a very quiet tone as to not get his muggers into trouble with Mrs Primrose, which would just make things worse.

“STOP,” Swift’s hoof smashed the wall next to him “.....lying to me, okay.” Said swift with an ever increasing tone of over whelming anger on his voice.

“Please stop, please.” The colt broke down into tears, the group of muggers started to laugh which made the foal cry more.

“I gota help him!” said Bass as he readied himself for a charge, he spread his wings and lowered his head along with the rest of the front of his body. He leaped off of the roof of the building and straight for swift.

“LEAVE HIM ALONE!”

All of the foals looked up to see a haze of gray, black and green heading straight for them. Bass struck Swift and knocked him down; he was now standing between the group and the now startled little colt.

“Back off, I don’t want to have to do serious damage but I will if I have to!” said the pegasus, standing in a position to attack any pony that made a move for him or the colt behind him.

“Come on guys, a few bits aren't worth this.” Said Swift as he steadied himself. The trio walked back into the main part of the yard and mixed back into the rabble of foals playing their games.

Bass turned to face the frightened little colt, “are you okay?” he said with a reassuring tone on his voice. “They didn't hurt you did they?”

“N-no they didn't. T-t-thank you!” the little colt ran to bass giving him a hug. he had a gray coat, much like Basses, a red and purple mane with red eyes, he had yet to get his cutie mark.

“Hay there, no need for that. What’s your name?” said Bass, Pealing the little colt off of him.

“Static Shock and you?”

“I’m Bass Line, how old are you; can you use your wings yet?”

“Not very well, I’m only one” the little colt blushed.

“Well could you fly up to the roof?”

“I don’t know, I could try.”

“don’t worry, I will be right beneath you if you need me, let’s go.”

The little colt nervously made his way off the ground closely followed by Bass, they ascended to the roof with no problems and they landed safely of the flat layer of tiles.

“So how long have you been here?” Bass asked “I haven’t seen you around much.”

“I just came in two days ago, my erm.., my parents were alcoholics and some colts in black suites brought me here, they said it would be safer, guess they were wrong.” The small colt let out a small chuckle and gave a smirk.

“Don’t worry kid, stay with me, and I'll protect you. See me as your big brother; I won’t let anything happen to you” Bass gave a smile

“Okay.....Bro.”

Author's Note:

This chapter was only meant to intro Static into the story.
I am looking for more pre-readers for the story to give me more ideas for the story and to help spell check it, i do have one at the moment but it just helps to have more :3