• Published 18th Dec 2013
  • 756 Views, 8 Comments

A History of Equestria - Lumosity15



When two young alicorn's family is ripped apart, the orphans must find their own way in world they never knew, and fight against all odds to become the most powerful ponies in Equestria.

  • ...
1
 8
 756

The Way it Started

Author's Note:

Hi guys, this is my first fanfic. I plan to make this a long story, and maybe add a sequel. Feel free to give me any constructive criticism, it's greatly appreciated. I really hope you like it!
~~~~
Lumosity15

In the beginning, there were alicorns. Alicorns of every color and size, each in control of an aspect of nature: Fiery Fiora and Char made the flames, Calm Lora and Flack, the rivers, Thunder and Rani the weather, and so on. However, the most powerful alicorns, and undisputed rulers of this land were Queen Stella, and King Sol of the skies. Stella brought forth the moon and stars at night, carving the constellations in the dark sky she loved. Sol brought out the sun to begin the warm day. The alicorns lived throughout what is now known as Equestria, upholding peace and prosperity for the earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns in their land. As alicorns are also virtually immortal, this selfsame peace lasted for eons.

In time, news was brought of a new filly in the land. The little alicorn was daughter of none other than Stella and Sol, and with her pure white coat, sunset-pink mane, and already sun-colored magic, it was decided she would be named Celestia, after the day she would someday rule. Some years later, the King and Queen were once again blessed with a filly, this one the color of the night sky, with a periwinkle mane. She was named Luna, after the glowing orb she would one day command.

The royal sisters grew, and in time learned to control their vast stores of alicorn magic to raise the day and night with their parents. They were the best of friends, and were the dears of all the alicorns, being the only foals at the time. They could often be seen running down to make sand castles, or having stunt flying contests. Everything was perfect. Unfortunately, this happy time was not to last.

The draconequoi, masters of chaos, were rising up against the alicorns, determined to destroy the peaceful era, once and for all. Stella and Sol knew they would have to lead the charge against these creatures, but worried for their daughters. With Celestia age 87 and Luna age 54 , they were no where near ready to face the powerful draconequoi. Instead, The king and queen erected a forest around the castle, to ensure their daughters would not be disturbed. They called it the Everfree Forest, as a place their daughters could be forever free. The king and queen also appointed a zebra named Zelia to care for the fillies as they grew, until they could return.

Many years passed. The fillies were worried about their parents, from hearing the bangs, shrieks, and war cries coming from beyond the forests boundaries. Sometimes, Celestia and Luna would fly as high as they could, to try and catch glimpses of where the terrifying sounds were coming from, but, enchanted as the trees were, they could never quite reach the top. This went on for month and years, until one night, everything was silent. Believing Celestia and Luna’s parents would soon return, Zelia left to find a new place to stay in the forest. Little did she know that Queen Stella, King Sol, and all the other alicorns, along with most of the draconequoi had been killed in the onslaught of the war, and the sun and moon were controlled by all the unicorns, straining, and using every last drop of power to move them across the sky. The fillies were on their own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why don't they come back, Tia?" Luna asked, for the thousandth time,"You don't think they stopped loving us, right?" Celestia sighed.

"Luna, I'm sure they love us just as much as we love them. They're still raising the sun and moon for us, aren't they? They'll come back soon. You'll see." Though Celestia was saying the words, she wasn't sure she believed them. Stella and Sol had been gone for so long, she wasn’t sure they even remembered who their daughters were anymore.

“I know, Cela!” Luna cried,”Why don’t we go to find them! We could make it a quest, just like in all the books.”

“Lulu,” Celestia began, trying to ignore her sisters pleading baby eyes,”we are not going on a quest. Outside is dangerous, Mom, Dad, and Zelia told us not to leave without an adult.”

“Well the whole reason we need to go is we find an adult,” Whined the little midnight blue filly,”In case you haven’t noticed, we don’t exactly have an adult here at the moment. Plus, I’ve been looking through the magic books in the library. I can do a ton of cool stuff now, watch!” Her eyes screwed up in concentration, Luna began to pick up objects in the room, like Celestia’s parchment, and whirl them around in hurricane.

“Luna, stop that!” Yelled Celestia,”I need that paper!” Luna’s eyes snapped open, and she slowed the hurricane, and replaced the miscellaneous books, quills, and junk she had used.

“Sorry Cela, I just wanted to show you I could do something to help on our quest.” sighed the blue filly, her disappointment reflected in her eyes.

“Oh, Luna, I’m not mad at you!” Said Cela, “I had no idea you could such advanced magic! We might have a chance on this quest after all!”

“YAY,” shouted Luna, as she bounced in a circle around her sister,”Oh yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay!!”

“BUT,” Said Celestia, using the royal voice her father used to use,”We have to find Zelia first.”

“Awwww! Cela!,”Moaned Lua,”Grownups ruin everything!”

“Lulu, Zelia used to live out there. She knows the landscape, and she knows how to act around other ponies. We’ve only met other alicorns. We don’t know how to act around earth ponies, or unicorns or even pegasi. We need some help.”

“Fine!”said Luna, heaving a big fake sigh,” Just don’t blame me when she says we can’t have any fun.”

“Don’t worry Lulu, I won’t.” said Celestia with a smile. “Now go pack your things, we’re off on an adventure!”

“Yay!” Screamed Luna, and she raced up the stairs, coming down five minutes later, saddle bags stuffed to the brim. Celestia finished packing the last of the food in the kitchen, then followed her sister, who was bouncing up and downing by the door. Then, with a sigh, they flung open the door, and set off on their adventure.