• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 547 Views, 5 Comments

Forgotten Memories - ShadowVoltstreaker



The worst has happened. Shadow's invention has caused the six ponies to be stuck on earth! And, to top it all off, they have no memory of Equestria, making it seem like they've always been on earth. Will they ever be able to go back?

  • ...
13
 5
 547

Giving a Name

After making the bet with Jordan and everybody else we all took a shower, went out for something to eat, went to the movies, rode bikes, watched the sunset… Ok I lied about the last two things… Kyle went On Base to handle some business, so we all just went back to my place to play some games and watch TV. After about 2 hours of pure gaming, Kyle came back, yawned, and picked up a controller to play Halo with Chris and Zach.

A while later my eyes started to get heavy, so I decided to call it a night… I didn’t have work tomorrow, everyone else did, but not me. My boss told me that I was working too hard and that I should take a rest… I could tell Zach was trying his best not to scream, “Bullshit!”

It was really funny to watch…

“Oh man why the hell did I make that bet?! I’ll never be able to come up with a cutie mark!” I whispered to myself as I was sitting on the edge of my bed. “Ok Tristan calm down… You can do this. Who knows, maybe you’ll think of something in your dreams.” My eyes widened, “My dreams! You’re a genius Tristan!... I mean, I’m a genius…”

I quickly slapped myself and laid down in bed, waiting to fall asleep.

I hopped out of bed and yawned, “Must… take… piss…” I mumbled, opening the dorr I stop and look at the ground to make sure I wasn’t going insane. “Fuck… the floor is gone… Wonder if I could piss down here.”

Then it hit me, “Oh wait, I’m dreaming… I’m still very curious though… No! You are a grown man, you will not subject yourself to such childish antics!” I turned away from the bottomless trench and materialized a door, then twisted the knob and entered.

Inside the room was nothing, just pure white in all directions. “now then, to test what I was thinking…” I closed my eyes and thought about the images of the ponies that I created, and opened my eyes.

In front of me, were actually my two OCs, both nameless, both blank flanks… “Well then you two, we have to come up with both a name and cutie mark for yourselves.” I told both of the ponies in front of me. They scanned the room, looked at each other, then to me.

The brown one got on his hind legs and shrugged, “I’m not so good at this kind of thinkin stuff.”

While the pitch black one sat down and said, “Why can’t you just come up with this kind of stuff?”

Both of them had my voice, this was creepy, yet awesome. “Because I suck at these kinds of things too. Now come on, just yell out random names, there are no wrong answers.”

“I wish to be called Byrgandie Streak!” the brown colt shouted…

(A/N: He’ll be colt 1 and the other will be colt 2, Because when I say ‘the brown one’ I feel racist towards myself xD)

“then I want to be called Shadow Voltstreaker!” Colt 2 shouted.

“I was wrong to say there are no wrong answers… horribly wrong… And the name Shadow has been taken by Issac.” I sighed.

This went on for a good 10 minutes… Colt 1 wanted to be called: Blazing Tempest, Falling Flame, Still Comet, Slyphor, or Tysus… all of which I rejected, even though Blazing Tempest sounded amazing… it was kinda generic.

Colt 2 wanted to be called: Slick, Phantom Run, Resheph, Iridium, Flamnous Chill, or Clyded Flux… not gonna lie, I kinda liked the name Clyded Flux, it was original, and it was well thought up.

“Clyded Flux actually sounds pretty cool…” I said to myself. “but what will your cutie mark be?”

“My cutie wha?” Colt 2 tilted his head to the side.

“How will your cutie mark look?” Colt 1 nudged him in the side.

“Uhm… Not sure. You coulda told us that we needed to know what our cutie marks would be when we came up with a name.”

“Thought it was implied.” I shrugged as I took a sip of tea.

“Well then, if we have to have a cutie mark that goes with our names…” A grin creeped over Colt 1’s mouth. “How about my name be Vague Blaze, and my cutie mark be a controller?”

A controller? Well I am a heavy gamer… so why not? Just in case, I’ll test him. “What kind of controller?”

He didn’t even flinch, he may have been waiting for this response, “A Nintendo 64 controller.”

I felt my eyes widen, “Yes… Looks like you win. Colt 2, just so you aren’t left alone… I’m going to put you in Colt 1’s… I mean, Vague Blaze’s mind. And before you complain.” I snapped my fingers, sending… Clyde into Vague’s mind.

“He says, ‘fuck you sir’.” Vague laughed.

“Well he certainly has a rather colorful vocabulary.” I smiled.

~Equestria, Two days after departure~

Soulflight’s POV

“Hey Soul are we there yet?” Hottrot said to me as he was bouncing ahead.

“If we weren’t there the last 20 times you asked do you think we’ll be there now?” I replied to him.

“Only asked cause there’s a sign right up there.” He said as he pointed his hoof at something in the distance.

I narrowed my eyes and tried to see what he was pointing at, “What is it? I can’t see.”

“I’ll meet you there, don’t keep me waiting!” his horn charged and then poof, he was gone.

“Why didn’t you just take me with you…” I face-hoofed, spread my wings and took off in the direction he pointed.

Hottrot’s POV

I appeared in front of the sign that I saw before and smiled, “Now all I’ve gotta do is wait for him…” I then felt a tingle in my brain, I could tell something was coming, “My pony senses are tingling! Something must be on it’s way to greet me!” I looked into the town and saw something pink coming towards me, and fast.

Before I knew it, it had zoomed straight past me. Turning around I see… it’s a pony, a pink earth pony… “Well hello there!” I shouted to her.

“HimynameisPinkie!” This mare talks pretty fast… But I can do better.

I took in a deep breath and said, “HimynameisHottrotnicetomeetyou!”

“Nicetomeetyoutoo.” She giggled and snorted… cute.

“Well Pinkie, you may have another pony to greet, but first…” I trotted up to her ear and whispered something in it, she gasped and furiously nodded her head. “This is going to be fun!” I shouted.

Soulflight’s POV

After flying for a good 5 minutes I finally saw what he was pointing at. Landing, I look around, “Where the buck did he go? Wonder if he went inside already…” as I saw talking to myself I heard something coming towards me from behind the sign. The hooves looked like Hottrot’s so I just smiled, “So that’s where you were dude.”

When the pony came into view, it was Hottrot, but he had on a gray beard and was using a cane to move towards me, “What took you so long?” he grumbled.

“What’s up with the beard there Starswirl?” I laughed.

“Can you expect a pony not to grow a beard waiting for you?” he grumbled as he moved around me in a circle.

“Ok jokes over, take off the beard.” I grabbed the beard and tried to pull it off, only for it to slip out of my hooves and send Hottrot rolling into the sign. “What the… did you glue that on your chin?”

He stroked his beard a few times before replying, “Perhaps.”

I once more, face-hoof and sigh, “You’re a Grade-A moron… let’s just go into town, buy a house, and live out our lives ok?”

“I haven’t much time left…” he replied. Before I knew it, he was lying down, had a flower in his hooves, and a blank tombstone behind him…

I stared at him for a while, looked around to make sure nopony was watching, and walked over to him. “But you can’t leave yet… there’s so much that you haven’t yet experienced!” I kneeled down and grinned, “Like Hay Bacon.”

Hottrot’s POV

“Nice work with the hay bacon thing there buddy. Guess it’s time to end this joke.” I whispered to myself from behind the sign. I fixed my facial expression and slowly trotted out into the open, “Hey Soul what took ya so long?”
Soul had the most priceless look on his face! He looked from me, to Pinkie, then back to me and his mouth dropped open!

The Hottrot costume that Pinkie had on exploded and left her lying there, giggling and laughing so hard. And in no time I was right beside her, dying of laughter.

“O-ok… I see what you did now… but where the buck did you get the costume?” Soul said after he calmed down.

“Well…” I chuckled and looked to Pinkie who shook her head and giggled. “I cannot tell you that.”

He looked from me, to Pinikie, then back to me, and sighed, “Whatever… By the way, I’m-“

“Soulflight. And I’m Pinkie Pie, nice to meet you.” Pinkie finished for him and shook his hoof.

“I’m guessing that Hottrot here told you my name?”

“Uhh no I haven’t said anything.” I looked at Pinkie, “how’d you know that was his name?”

“Sorry, but I made a Pinkie promise with Blaze to never ever tell anypony. My lips are sealed.” She did a ‘zipper’ motion across her mouth with her hoof.

“Who’s Blaze?” Soul asked her.

“Well he’s” before she finished she gasped really loudly and shot into the air, “My cupcakes!” and zoomed off into the town and out of sight.

“Well she seems like a pretty interesting mare.” Soul laughed.

“I think I’m in love…” I whispered to myself.

“What?”

“I said I saw a dove.” I repeated and starting trotting into town.

“Sure ya did.”