• Published 13th Mar 2012
  • 1,762 Views, 40 Comments

Loneliness Reborn - Alexander-Crossover



A Sequel to "The PArty Hasn't Ended" permitted by ButterscotchSundae, Pinkie/Dash

  • ...
3
 40
 1,762

Prologue

Loneliness Reborn
Prologue

“Bring in the accused!”

The Pegasus court of law bustled with an audience wanting to see if the rumors were true: had one of their kind really betrayed them to the earth ponies? Conversations leapt back and forth as everyone wondered just what kind of betrayal had been wrought and what punishment might be enforced on the accused.

The conversations died down to whispers as the doors to the court opened and two soldiers entered, leading a Pegasus mare by chains attached to a ring around her neck; her wings had been bound so she couldn’t fly away. The two guards forced the mare onto a small platform for the accused as the judge stared down at her with uncompromising eyes.

“Shadowmane! You stand accused of high treason against the Pegasus, how do you plead?!”

The mare, Shadowmane, stared up through the judge’s harsh words: “Why am I accused of treason fo-“

“You have lain with a earth pony!” the judge’s voice silenced her, “And what’s more you’ve birthed an abominable half-breed with him! That foal’s existence is a blight upon this world and you are responsible for its creation!” The judge sat back, “For a crime such as this, you must pay with your life!” Audible gasps rose from the audience, whether they were reactions to the nature of the crime or the punishment that was to be bestowed was uncertain, regardless the assembled Pegasi were horrified and discussions began once again.

The judge banged his gavel to quiet the assembly before continuing: “However, Shadowmane, I am willing to be lenient if you will reveal the location of your foal and bring it before the court; if you do this then I will forgive your transgressions and pass your punishment onto the child instead.”

“No!” Shadowmane struggled against her bonds, “my foal is innocent! It hasn’t even had a chance to make friends or discover the world!”

“You would choose a half-breed abomination over your own kind!” the judge’s temper was at its end.

“I won’t let you kill it, it-”

“Enough! Take her away!” The judge bellowed.

The two soldiers who had dragged Shadowmane into the court room began to drag her away. Shadowmane struggled, screaming to the guards for leniency. She had to get away, her foal was in a lonely place where nothing could reach it; she had to get back to her child! But the soldiers were as stoic as ever as they dragged her out of the courtroom towards the executioners stable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A foal sat just inside the borders of the Everfree Forest, quietly weeping to itself. Where was mommy? She said she’d be back before too long but the sun had come and gone seven times and she still wasn’t back. The foal was lonely… so lonely. It curled into a ball, its tail draped over its eyes, shivering in the cold, sadly not knowing that its mother could never come back for it.

As the foal lay there an ethereal howling came on the wind, and the most deadly snowstorm in the history of ponykind began, responding to the death of a mare whose only crimes had been her willingness to see past race and unwillingness to give up her foal’s life in exchange for her own…