• Published 12th Mar 2012
  • 1,627 Views, 28 Comments

Sister Dearest - SuchAFoal



Letters left for Celestia after the tragic loss of her star pupil, Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
5
 28
 1,627

Sweet Sacrifice

Spike clutched the letter he had written tightly. He tip toed up the stairs to Twilights room and stood there staring at the door. He placed the letter gently on the floor and whispered, “Thank you Twilight.” He trotted down the stairs, grabbed his pack, and silently slipped out the front door. He cried gently with each step he made, never looking back.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Twilight yawned softly, as she exited her bed. The normal smell of coffee and the sound of clanking silverware were absent from the still morning air. She raised an eye brow when she noticed this and sighed. He probably slept in again, she thought merrily. With a smirk, she opened her door, preparing to go wake him. She heard a soft crinkling noise as she walked forward. She looked down at the letter and frowned. Spike wasn’t supposed to leave her mail on the floor.
She grabbed the letter and looked at the front. “to: Twilight Sparkle.” Was all that was inscribed. She tore it open with her magic and began reading it.

Dear Twilight,

I have to block out these thoughts of you. They just remind me I’m alone.
Please forgive me,I know it hurts just as much too read this as it does to write it. In a sick way, I want to thank you. This letter showed me that I can finally move on.

I’m sorry for the things I didn’t do for you. I’m sorry I couldn’t have been more of a son to you. I will disappear into the earth, to take my final breath. I’m going to end it were it began, you’ve suffered to long. Let forever drag me from your memory, I don’t deserve to live even there.

Celestia, let me go. I feel this evil within, I an feel it crawl beneath my skin. This dark cold presence in my soul. I can’t feel anything anymore. Is this the way you want to remember me?
I'm so tired and I know that I don't have much longer awake, so I will say what I should have said when you hatched me.

I love you mom. Thank you for caring for me, even though I'm not your foal. I'm going to miss you.
Goodbye.....

Your loving son,
Spike

Twilight clutched the letter to her chest and cried. She cried at her own selfishness. She cried that her only "son" was dying and she could do nothing to prevent it. Most of all though, she cried because she loved him and he knew even without her saying.


"I love you too Spike..." She whispered painfully into oblivion.

"May you rest in peace...."

-~-~-~-

Twilight stared at the fading light of Celestia's sun. she made her decision, she was going after spike. She needed to tell him how sorry she truly was and how much she loved him.She hastily packed her saddle bags and left a note for Luna. She had an idea where he might go. She pointed her nose towards the Everfree Forest and ran as fast as her hooves could take her.