• Published 12th Dec 2013
  • 839 Views, 4 Comments

Sapphire - Duke of Canterlot



A young stallion and a childhood acquaintance of Twilight Sparkle visits Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 4
 839

The Party : Part I

"Wait until the other ponies arrive, this is going to be so much fun", cheered Pinkie, "ooh, cake!"
Indeed, there was a chocolate cake. Pinkie examined the cake with deep contemplation.

Sapphire heard from behind, "Pinkie Pie, you shouldn't spoil your appetite. The party has just started."
Sounded like Rarity.

Pinkie Pie still looked longingly at the cake, seemingly in her own world.
For a pony who was always so bouncy and energetic, it was hard to imagine Pinkie Pie being lost in thought.
However, there she was.

Sapphire turned around to greet Rarity.
"Don't worry Rarity, I will keep an eye on Pinkie Pie for you."

"Not that it matters much for me regarding that cake, I will not be eating much of it. A lady needs to stay slim."

"You are doing quite a good job", said Sapphire with sincerity.

"I should hope so. A lady always needs to keep up with appearances. Since you are from Canterlot, I imagine you must understand what I am talking about, dear."

"Indeed. However, most Canterlot ladies are not quite as gracious as you."

"That is so sweet of you, Sapphire. I have heard you are quite the flatterer. That must be how you have become so successful on your own."

"I am guessing Fancy Pants must have mentioned me to you."

"Yes, he has. Fancy Pants has called you the most clever pony in Equestria."

"Now I know he is lying."

"Don't be so modest."

"There is no pony more clever than Fancy Pants in my opinion."

Rarity chuckled.

Big Boss might have given Sapphire the money to start his business. However, Sapphire had more gratitude towards Fancy Pants. Fancy Pants used his influence to even get the Wonderbolts to speak with Sapphire in the first place.

"Rarity, you want to know who has told me so many great things about you?"

"Who?"

"My sister, Gold Coast. She loves your designs. It was actually our mutual friend, Fancy Pants, who showed my sister them. I don't know if you pay attention to models in Canterlot but.."

'Oh my. You are related to Gold Coast! I keep up to date regarding all of Canterlot's finest models. Your sister.. she is so tall and elegant. She holds herself so well. So many of those models seem like spoiled rich fillies who want a modeling gig but can't quite hack it.. but Gold Coast, she's a model I would want to work with if I ever work in Canterlot."

Sapphire chuckled.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing. You actually remind me a lot of my sister. I think you two would get along well. I do think that she would be interested in working with you. I hope you two can meet."

"Really? Oh my.. but dear, I doubt I would be able to compensate her to the level that the Canterlot designers do."

"Don't worry, my dear. In fact, I think you and Gold Coast would be able to help each other out greatly. She doesn't have much modeling experience actually but she is a natural."

Sapphire then heard somepony say, "PINKIE PIE, SNAP OUT OF IT!!"

Rainbow Dash.

"Must have cake", muttered Pinkie Pie.

"Take a piece of it, just stop staring at it like that, creeps me out", said Rainbow Dash.

"I will take a piece for you, Dashie. Hey, anyone else want cake?" A few seconds later. "No, oh okay. Don't mind if I do though, tee hee!" Pinkie Pie took a slice of cake, and then another slice. considering how much she could eat, it was amazing that she wasn't obese. All of Pinkie's friends Sapphire met so far were more slim than Pinkie but she wasn't heavy either.

Sapphire noticed that there was another pegasus by Rainbow's side : a cream-colored pegasus with long pink hair. He knew nothing about the cream-colored pegasus but he could tell that she was very different from Rainbow Dash. Rainbow was a pony who wanted to be seen and to be admired. The other pegasus hid behind her hair and seemed very careful to not make a ruckus. Sapphire noticed that there was a little white rabbit by her side. He seemed to be laughing at Pinkie Pie eating the cake.

"Dashie, heh heh", teased Sapphire.

"Only Pinkie can call me Dashie", said Rainbow, "she will get some pet name for you too likely."

"Good. You don't look like a Dashie to me."

"Of course not. Dashie is not quite as awesome as Rainbow Dash, I think!"

"Also, isn't Dashie a girl's name?"

Rainbow Dash scowled, "I walked right into that one, didn't I?"

"Eeyup", said Big Mac. He had impeccable timing.

Sapphire noticed that the cream-colored pegasus was looking at the ground and didn't say a word. She must have been shy.

"Hello there. I don't think we met before, what's your name", asked Sapphire.

"Fluttershy", the pegasus said softly.

"Fluttershy, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Sapphire."

"Yes, it is", she still spoke softly but gave Sapphire a warm smile.

"Fluttershy, Sapphire here is a total prankster pony ", said Rainbow Dash, "he is from Canterlot."

"Oh, Canterlot. I have been there before. Pretty place."

"Who's your bunny friend over there?"

"Oh him. He is Angel Bunny. I take care of him. He's the cutest little thing, isn't he?."

Sapphire saw Angel hop towards the stereo. Angel was playing around with the dials. Suddenly, the Top 40 pop hit turned into a Flank Sinatra song.

"Angel, this song is boring. Change it back", whined Rainbow Dash.

Angel stuck his tongue out.

"Ooh, I grant Angel Bunny the title of Disk Jockey for my party", said Pinkie Pie.

"But Pinkie Pie, Angel's bedtime is 10 PM", said Fluttershy far too softly.

"Not when there's a Pinkie Pie Party", shouted Pinkie Pie.

Angel nodded his head but then snuggled over by Fluttershy.

"It's okay, I guess. I think Angel might fall asleep before then anyway. He's just a little guy", said Fluttershy

The two had a very loving mother-childesque relationship. Sapphire noted that quite oddly it reminded him of his own relationship with his mother when he was little. Sapphire was a smart-ass troublemaker and arguably still was to a sense today. His dad was as tough as nails with him and had zero-tolerance for any sort of bullshit but his mother was always kind and patient. She wanted to teach Sapphire good manners and kindness but she always did so in a good-mannered and kind way. She was also shy and introverted but more personable and approachable than Sapphire's gruff and take-charge father. Sapphire figured it was also likely that the soft-spoken Fluttershy would probably end up marrying a pony much more aggressive and demanding than she. Sapphire was getting lost in thought again though...

"Oh, in Canterlot, do ponies play "Spin the Bottle"", asked Pinkie Pie.

Spin the Bottle, chuckled Sapphire to himself, not since he was thirteen.

"Spin the Bottle, not since I was thirteen, we need some cider first!"

"Cider! What a great idea", said Rainbow Dash enthusiastically.

"Did somepony say cider", added Applejack.

"Oh, yes, the cider. However, we should wait for the other guests to arrive. We're only waiting on two this point.. I think", said Pinkie Pie.

Sapphire scanned the room and saw some new guests. There were three fillies bobbing for apples. They must have been Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. Apple Bloom didn't look particularly tough but that could have just been the bow on her head. It looked like she was the one telling the other two fillies how to proceed. She was the leader of the group. Sweetie Belle looked like a younger version of Rarity but seemed a little more unkempt - in a way that Sapphire doubted Rarity was like at Sweetie Belle's age. Sccotaloo actually looked like the toughest of the three but one who was eager to defer to Apple Bloom - not out of fear but by choice. Sapphire also noticed that Scootaloo's wings were rather short. Unfortunately, it would take more than the pep talk Diamond Tiara was planning to encourage Scootaloo to fly, thought Sapphire sadly.

Sapphire also noticed the beige-colored earth pony and mint-colored unicorn sitting at a table and chatting happily while sipping tea. Sapphire went through the names Pinkie Pie said were on the list. These two must have been Bon-Bon and Lyra or Lyra and Bon-Bon. Sapphire noticed the lyre cutie mark on the unicorn. He would bet a thousand bits that the unicorn was Lyra.

Sapphire knew who was missing: The baby dragon named Spike and Twilight Sparkle.

There was a knock on the door. Sapphire saw Pinkie rush to open it. The ponies Sapphire saw were the biggest surprise of all: Rocky Boulder and Meteor Maverick. Rocky Boulder was a dark-brown earth pony with a hoofball cutie mark and Meteor Maverick was a grey pegasus with a comet cutie mark. Both came from much more influential and affluent families than Sapphire did, however, that didn't matter so much anymore - Sapphire now made more money than either of their parents.

"Hello there. I don't think I have seen either of you in Ponyville before. My name is Pinkie Pie!"

"Rocky Boulder. We have heard that there is a party of the ages at Ponyville. We had to stop by."

"Yes, indeed. I am Meteor Maverick."

"Are you friends of Sapphire?"

Meteor Maverick nodded.

"SAPPHIRE, I SEE YOU", bellowed Rocky Boulder.

"Yea, we decided to surprise you with a visit", added Meteor Maverick.

"Hey guys", said Sapphire nervously.

They were two of his best friends from Canterlot. However, Sapphire didn't even tell them that he was going to Ponyville. Big Boss must have sent them as spies to check up on Sapphire. No more messing around. Sapphire needed to start whatever it was his "boss" wanted him to do. He just had to wait for Twilight to actually arrive at the party.

Sapphire also wondered, how did Big Boss get them to spy for him? Sapphire couldn't think of that now. If Twilight didn't even show up, there was nothing he could do anyway tonight, right? right?...

Author's Note:

I hope you all are liking it.
I have a lot planned and this story isn't even close to being finished.