• Published 18th Aug 2014
  • 626 Views, 1 Comments

The Treasure Trove of One-Shots and Story Prompts - MrPengu1n



A collective collection of unrelated unfinished stories in no particular order, with ideas ripe for the sampling and the picking.

  • ...
 1
 626

In This One, Batponies are Vampires - [romance, comedy]

Author's Note:

Eva is a Batpony, and tonight is a big night for her. Her first hunt; her first kill. She's been preparing for this her entire teenage life, no way above or below that she could mess up. Really.

It was a dead night. Clouds draped across the sky blotted out the stars and moon, which would not have been visible anyway, given it was a new moon tonight.

Perfect.

A lithe figure slinked across the roof of a building, skillfully gliding to the next roof over, and the next, eyes not drifting from her target.

Some distance below her, another figure made his way through the narrow, cobblestone streets. Beneath the halo of a streetlamp, he turned his collar to the cold and damp, hooves clinking and clattering noisily on the road, echoing off into the distance.

Unbeknownst to him, his stalker noiselessly made her way over the pointed roofs, gliding across the street above her target occasionally for a better view.

Her target, a scarlet maned, blonde furred stallion in a dark overcoat, finally swerved to the side, making his way down a thin alleyway to a small side door.

His stalker, a dark blue furred, raven maned batpony mare, flicked her forked tongue over her stout fangs hungrily, eyes following her target as he fumbled with his keys momentarily before entering the dimly lit abode.

This is it.

She leapt from her perch, swooping her bat wings behind her wide apart, effortlessly landing in complete silence outside of the door her target had just walked through. Just as it was about to fall shut, she stuck her hoof in, stopping it short.

The pony walked through his home, not turning on any lights-he preferred it that way. He removed his dark overcoat and hung it on a door nearby, stepping into the next room over. His bed was in the corner, and he tossed his bag lightly onto the messy covers. Stepping over various piles of clothes dotting the floor, he made his way to the computer on his desk on the far side of the room. Blue light dimly illuminated the room as he booted the machine up with the push of a button. He settled in his slidy chair, adjusting his glasses as he popped his hooves in preparation of web surfing.

The batpony slinked through the dark house silently, her pulse rising in excitement, He has NO idea I'm here! Suppressing her anticipation, she followed the blue light flowing out of the nest room over, peeking in through the door carelessly left open a crack.

Opening his web browser, he pondered what he should waste his time with tonight. Can't go wrong with a little music, he decided. Nodding in agreement with himself, he went to the search bar and typed in, "somepony that I used to know".

He heard a gasp behind him, "I love that song!"

He whipped around in his chair. His heart skipped a beat and he gasped as he recognized the batpony that was suddenly in his house. (Not to mention, the batpony that had discovered his questionable music tastes).

She gave him a malicious smile and a half-lidded gaze, "Hey," she said almost seductively, "I'm going to kill you now,"

He gulped heavily, his heart beating hard, "W-what'd I do to you?" he stuttered, trembling with fear. He had heard the stories of those ponies around town who had been killed by the batponies. That's never going to be me, he had thought, No way above or below.

The batpony walked directly towards him, their faces were inches apart. She shrugged, "Nothing," she answered, "Just your unlucky day," she giggled mischievously. She raised a hoof and rested it against his face, delighting as he flinched at her touch.

He took in a deep breath, believing it would be is last, and held it in, trying very hard not to whimper as the batpony tilted his head to the side, exposing his neck.

Eva hissed hungrily, her eyes glinting and her forked tongue slithering over his neck tenderly. He twitched at the contact and demanded in vain intimidation, "C-could you just get it over with?"

"Mm," Eva scolded, opening her mouth wide, "So impatient~..." but she obliged. She stretched her jaw wide, pulled back her lips, and sank her fangs into his neck with a quick bite.

He let out a scream which slowly died away.

Eva opened her eyes curiously. Where's the delicious bloodflow? She slowly took her fangs out of his neck and looked down, her skin growing cold.

She missed.

"...oops," she whispered.

He sputtered in pain, "What? What, 'oops'?"

Quick to remedy her mistake, she sank her fangs in his neck again, causing him to scream out again. Oh for-! She missed again!

She slid her fangs out and bit again, growing more desperate to succeed.

He screamed again, "What are you doing?" he demanded indignantly and in pain.

"I'm sorry!" Eva shouted, taking her fangs out again. "I'm having a hard time finding the carotid artery!"

He groaned in pain. Pain, pain, pain, he couldn't even think straight! "Can't you just kill me and get it over with?" he sputtered.

"I'm trying!" Eva apologized, biting him again, and missing the artery again.

He groaned again, "Just call me an ambulance.."